ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 refusal

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hypegal3

Tier 4 refusal

Post by hypegal3 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:21 pm

According to my lawyer i have been refused because the HO thinks im leading and independent life as i am working full time and i am depending on my mom. The thing is my lawyer hasn't actually showed me any documentation on this. First he said i have to appeal and that i have 4 pages to sign, so i said ill come in and sign them, when i got there he said he will sign it for me and send it off in 2 days. 2 days later my dad phone the lawyer and he said he sent them off to the HO.

But i wanted to be sure that he did so i rang my lawyer and he said he sent them, so i said since it has been sent, i will come in and pay him £350 for starting my appeal. By the way this is costing me £850 to appeal. so when i went to pay him, he hadn't send it off, i was really upset, because the lawyer sent it off the same day i was coming with the money. Basically he wouldn't have sent it off until i paid him. We have to pay £2000 for all 4 of us passport to be sent through the lawyer.

He is now demanding money from us. He still hasn't showed us anything about my passport being refused. I am thinking it wasn't refused in the first place, maybe he just want our money.
there 4 u

evabeva

Re: Tier 4 refusal

Post by evabeva » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:09 am

hypegal3 wrote:According to my lawyer i have been refused because the HO thinks im leading and independent life as i am working full time and i am depending on my mom. The thing is my lawyer hasn't actually showed me any documentation on this. First he said i have to appeal and that i have 4 pages to sign, so i said ill come in and sign them, when i got there he said he will sign it for me and send it off in 2 days. 2 days later my dad phone the lawyer and he said he sent them off to the HO.

But i wanted to be sure that he did so i rang my lawyer and he said he sent them, so i said since it has been sent, i will come in and pay him £350 for starting my appeal. By the way this is costing me £850 to appeal. so when i went to pay him, he hadn't send it off, i was really upset, because the lawyer sent it off the same day i was coming with the money. Basically he wouldn't have sent it off until i paid him. We have to pay £2000 for all 4 of us passport to be sent through the lawyer.

He is now demanding money from us. He still hasn't showed us anything about my passport being refused. I am thinking it wasn't refused in the first place, maybe he just want our money.
ay ay ay be careful, some of them are really nasty, they just want to rip you off. They don't care if you get the case or not...

good luck anyway
none

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:37 pm

Yes be very carefull with solicitors and i would recommend your an OISC registered solicitor.

You may also contact IAS for initial advice.
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.