ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

princessgracey
Newly Registered

spouse visa application

Post by princessgracey » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:26 pm

Hello guys

I am on a student visa and recently applied for a spouse visa. I submitted my application on the 8th of September, had my biometrics taken on the 18th of september and until now i am still waiting for the decision.

My couse is due to start soon but i am thinking of transferring to a nearby college as it will not be practical if i travel a long way from home.

Does anyone know where to contact UKBA and do u think it will be possible for me to transfer while i am waiting for my spouse visa application?

Thanks

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: spouse visa application

Post by mvent00 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:29 pm

princessgracey wrote:Hello guys

I am on a student visa and recently applied for a spouse visa. I submitted my application on the 8th of September, had my biometrics taken on the 18th of september and until now i am still waiting for the decision.

My couse is due to start soon but i am thinking of transferring to a nearby college as it will not be practical if i travel a long way from home.

Does anyone know where to contact UKBA and do u think it will be possible for me to transfer while i am waiting for my spouse visa application?

Thanks
You can find this information here.

princessgracey
Newly Registered

spouse visa

Post by princessgracey » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:41 pm

what is my status while i am waiting for my spouse visa?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: spouse visa

Post by mvent00 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:49 pm

princessgracey wrote:what is my status while i am waiting for my spouse visa?
Student visa. If you were on a student visa and your application was an in country application, your application would be rejected. To make a dependent application, you have to go back and apply in your home country. Only existing dependents in another category can switch to PBS dependent category.

princessgracey
Newly Registered

spouse visa

Post by princessgracey » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:54 pm

really? my student visa is more than 1 year and i am married to a british citizen. do i still need to go back to my home country?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:02 pm

princessgracey wrote:really? my student visa is more than 1 year and i am married to a british citizen. do i still need to go back to my home country?
Wrong forum :roll: . This forum is for Tier 1 visas, and I was assuming you a Tier 1 dependent. But it is not the case, so the infomation I gave above, about visa rejection, is not aplicable to you. Please see more information here.

princessgracey
Newly Registered

spouse visa

Post by princessgracey » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:04 pm

sorry about that. thanks for your reply :-)

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:07 pm

princessgracey wrote:sorry about that. thanks for your reply :-)
You are welcome and good luck with your application!!