ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for fiancee visa.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Phatz
Newly Registered

Applying for fiancee visa.

Post by Phatz » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:29 am

Morning all,

My girlfriend and I were recently engaged last May and have been together for over 4 years now. She is from Russia, Moscow and we see each other on and off through holidays and tourist visas.

We plan to apply for a fiancee visa next February so that she can come to live here more permanently and to begin organising our living and wedding arrangements. The reason we plan to apply in February is because she recently obtained a tourist visa (well, a month ago) to come and see me and this expires in on the 20th of Febraury, hence not being being able to apply for a new visa while still on an existing.

My question is this: If she were to come here in January for around a month or so simply to use up her tourist visa and give us a bit more time together, would it be possible for us to apply for her fiancee visa here in England so that she wouldn't have to return home in the meantime? Also, would her being here on a tourist visa harm our chances of successful application of the fiancee visa?

Any help or advice on this subject is greatly appreciated as we just want to begin living together and start a life with each other. I know visa application for young Russian women is extremely difficult, but she has never been turned away and has always returned before visa expiry over the past 4 years.

Many thanks,

Martin

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:06 am

She won't be able to apply in country no and would need to apply from Russia.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:07 am

Hi Martin,

She can apply for the Fiance Visa (Settlement) immediately, rather than coming to UK and returning back to Russia, which would cost you a lot.

Visitor is not mutually exclusive from a Fiance visa. You could have it simultaneously.

Unfortunately you will not be able to make an in country application, if she enter with a tourist visa, however, you can do so if she entered with a fiance visa. After your marriage, you can then apply for further leave to remain, which would be granted for a period of 2 years, until such a time when she qualifies for ILR.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Phatz
Newly Registered

Post by Phatz » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:14 am

So despite currently holding a tourist visa, she will be able to apply for fiance visa regardless?

I'm also interested to know what criteria need to be met to give us a good chance of successfully applying for fiance visa?

Thanks for the replies,

Martin

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:19 am

Phatz wrote:So despite currently holding a tourist visa, she will be able to apply for fiance visa regardless?

I'm also interested to know what criteria need to be met to give us a good chance of successfully applying for fiance visa?

Thanks for the replies,

Martin
Finance and accommodation are the big ones! Genuine relationship and intention to marry are the other two, crack those and u'll be fine!

She got kids?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Phatz
Newly Registered

Post by Phatz » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:24 am

No, she doesn't have any children. Genuine relationship and intention to marry will be fine, as will proving accomodation. As far as finance goes, I'm a bit concerned because I don't know exactly how much money I should be earning (or how much should be in my bank account) that would be sufficient in the eyes of the British embassy to grant her a visa.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:39 pm

Phatz wrote:No, she doesn't have any children. Genuine relationship and intention to marry will be fine, as will proving accomodation. As far as finance goes, I'm a bit concerned because I don't know exactly how much money I should be earning (or how much should be in my bank account) that would be sufficient in the eyes of the British embassy to grant her a visa.
Basically, for the two of u u should be able to show you have £105 a week disposable income - ie after all necessary bills like rent/mortgage, utilities, all those bill u HAVE to pay. That's what the UK Gov deems the minimum a couple need to live on. So a nice budget speaddy for the ECO will do nicely.

PS my partner is Russian and they aren't cheap to run......
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Phatz
Newly Registered

Post by Phatz » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:13 pm

Wanderer wrote: PS my partner is Russian and they aren't cheap to run......
Ha, tell me about it mate. :lol:

Thanks for all the useful information guys, much appreciated.

frankieblues
Newly Registered

Post by frankieblues » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:23 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Phatz wrote: Martin
Finance and accommodation are the big ones! Genuine relationship and intention to marry are the other two, crack those and u'll be fine!

The intention to get marry is very hard to prove to the ECO !!!! I'm struggling on that one.
Would some quotes of the possible wedding reception do????

cheers

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:42 pm

frankieblues wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Phatz wrote: Martin

The intention to get marry is very hard to prove to the ECO !!!! I'm struggling on that one.
Would some quotes of the possible wedding reception do????

cheers
Does that really prove that a wedding is going to take place? You could have provisional bookings for the whole wedding, but that doesn't prove the wedding is going to take place as you could just cancel it all.

We provided no evidence of wedding plans (all we said was that we would get married in the UK in May) and it didn't cause us any problems.

If you were planning to get quotes/provisional bookings now then provide them, but if you weren't don't do it purely for the visa application.