ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online bank statements.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:20 am

I would suggest you to visit the branch in person, take printouts of online bank statements and Tier 1 Guidance notes with you, and request them to sign these. I have a different bank, but it worked this way.
Duvvuri wrote:hi,

I read somewhere tht natwest bank doesnt stamp and sign.
Anybody with natwest bank and who got online statements stamped and signed.

Please reply

I just read tmorrow is also postal strike so i dnt hv any hope tht i can get my statement tmorrow by post.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:22 am

thanks my bank said they r ready to stamp but no signature and no letter.

So m thinking to send it today and once i get my original statment and ref no. i ll send them again my orginal statment

I guess i can do tht way right??

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:19 pm

Do you mean sending additional documents after your initial post?

Well, that's risky as they write in the acknowledgement letter that you should not send additional documents unless asked by the case worker.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Duvvuri wrote:thanks my bank said they r ready to stamp but no signature and no letter. It is okay, please see below.

So m thinking to send it today and once i get my original statment and ref no. i ll send them again my orginal statment

I guess i can do tht way right??

If they just stamp your online bank statements, it is acceptable as per Tier 1 guidance notes. You do not need to get signatures and letter.

Quote from guidance:
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively, an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf page 25 of 44

letmec2006

Black and White

Post by letmec2006 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:24 am

I have got a black and white online statement with all requiring criterias and not just a coloured logo or bank name.
Is that enough if it is stamped by the the bank or does it needs to be in colour.
Thanks

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:30 am

yeah black white is enuf with bank stamp coz the bank where i went the customer advsior herself told tht they do stamp for many statements and its 100% accepted by home office.

When the bank staff is 100% sure then y shud we worry.
It is clearly mentioned also in policy guidance too.

letmec2006

for Entry Clearance

Post by letmec2006 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:11 pm

Hi Duvvuri/ others
Thanks for your reply, Is this true for entry clearance as well, because I have seen some cases being rejected due to not accompanying bank letter authentifying the online statement.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:39 pm

I am not sure when i asked the customer advisor in the bank she said me clearly tht she spoke to UKBA many times regarding visa and she said just stamp is more than enuf. I told her tht m paying so much fees and i dnt want any risk.

She gave me nt to worry so much coz she gave many ppl online statement just with stamp and no need of any letter also.

When she was so confident then i too got confidence.

UKBA shud be aware of this fact tht all banks dnt give signature and also letter.

When rest all months statements are genuine i dnt thnk case worker ll get any kind of doubt to reject.

I have a friend who got a call frm UKBA asking them to send more bank statements so if they need anythng they shud ask instead of just rejecting.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:13 pm

According to guidance only stamp on online printout is enough.
Duvvuri wrote:I am not sure when i asked the customer advisor in the bank she said me clearly tht she spoke to UKBA many times regarding visa and she said just stamp is more than enuf. I told her tht m paying so much fees and i dnt want any risk.

She gave me nt to worry so much coz she gave many ppl online statement just with stamp and no need of any letter also.

When she was so confident then i too got confidence.

UKBA shud be aware of this fact tht all banks dnt give signature and also letter.

When rest all months statements are genuine i dnt thnk case worker ll get any kind of doubt to reject.

I have a friend who got a call frm UKBA asking them to send more bank statements so if they need anythng they shud ask instead of just rejecting.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: for Entry Clearance

Post by mvent00 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:21 pm

letmec2006 wrote:Hi Duvvuri/ others
Thanks for your reply, Is this true for entry clearance as well, because I have seen some cases being rejected due to not accompanying bank letter authentifying the online statement.
But those online bank statements also did not contain stamp of bank. If there is a stamp from bank, you do not need to worry. Would you please give an example from this forum, where bank statement was rejected because it was stamped???

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:21 pm

letmec2006

You wrote like this as EC was rejected ''because I have seen some cases being rejected due to not accompanying bank letter authentifying the online statement.''

Can you tell us where did u read or do u knw someone with whom this happend then please share here.

letmec2006

hi

Post by letmec2006 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:45 pm

Thanks for your post.
one of the rejection herehttp://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#275879
In the above situation I know the applicant did not provide attested copies of statement.
But the rejection letter said "and" you have not provided a letter to authentify.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: hi

Post by mvent00 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:41 am

letmec2006 wrote:Thanks for your post.
one of the rejection herehttp://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#275879
In the above situation I know the applicant did not provide attested copies of statement.
But the rejection letter said "and" you have not provided a letter to authentify.
Well, that wording was provided by OP, it is possible he mistakenly replaced "or" with "and". OP just submitted the print out of online statements, which should be a straightforward rejection, for any visa application. If he/she would have provided stamped online bank statements, it could be a different scenario.

Secondly, that was an outside UK application. Outside UK applications have different procedures, than inside UK applications. Even they do not use same application form, and many other different criteria. HO deals well with UK-based bank documents, and you cannot find a single rejection inside UK based on this. So, that post is totally unrelated to this one and I do not see any problem with Duvvuri's application.

Guidance clearly present two options:
1- online bank statements with a letter from bank

alternatively (or),

2- online bank statements bearing bank stamp.

Last edited by mvent00 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mah

Post by mah » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:30 pm

Dear Mates,

I have a query that. If we go to HSBC and ask for the recent bank statement they just print it on their letter head that includes all the account information but they do not stamp and nor sign it.

Is it OK to send it to the HO?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:22 pm

mah wrote:Dear Mates,

I have a query that. If we go to HSBC and ask for the recent bank statement they just print it on their letter head that includes all the account information but they do not stamp and nor sign it.

Yes, that is fine.

mah

Post by mah » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:10 pm

Thanks mvent00.

So when we go through the bank and they print the statements without stamp and sign is OK even when it is not accompanied by bank .

migun
Newly Registered

Post by migun » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:22 am

mvent00 wrote:
mah wrote:Dear Mates,

Yes, that is fine.
As for me I went to the bank and requested to sign and stamp on the printed letter head statement. They did it without any hesitation.
HSBC would do for you as well.

mah

Post by mah » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:54 am

Dear Migun,

They didn't stamp and sign for me. So I sent without them.

Maybe your account is just online statement and you do not receive paper copy that they signed and stanped for you !!

migun
Newly Registered

Post by migun » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:21 pm

mah wrote:Dear Migun,

They didn't stamp and sign for me. So I sent without them.

Maybe your account is just online statement and you do not receive paper copy that they signed and stanped for you !!
That's right. But you can visit branch and and re issue another stmnt with sign on it. Give it a try. I even requested a letter from them re maintenance and they typed in no time in letter head. All the best.

dusk82
Newly Registered

Post by dusk82 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi there, my name is dawn.

I have been a passive reader of this forum for the past year as I have now applied to have my leave to remain extended as a Tier 1 general. All your comments and questions have been quite valuable and have assisted me greatly and have given me the confidence that my application should be accepted without any doubts.

With respect to the online statements, I did get a shock when i tried to take my online statements to the bank for verification. I particularly refer to Lloyds tsb in liverpool who DO NOT stamp or even write a letter to prove that the statements are genuine. their reason being that they have no records of statements that have not yet been produced on their systems so they "JUST DON'T DO IT". After laying my case to them, I spoke to the manager and had to convince him that if my statements were not stamped it would be rejected by the home office. Luckily I presented my arguments well and the manager eventually stamped my documents "on this one occasion only". I think that their policy of refusing to certify online statements is a disappointment as how can customers who have not received their formal statements verify that their online statements are genuine. the bank has given the customer this option of printing online statements but yet still they are not able to verify them as coming from Lloyds TSB which is a ridiculous guideline. I know online statements are not official but as your duty to me as a customer the bank should be seen as an entity that can validate unofficial records by making a comparison between the online statements and transactions that they have records of.

So anyone with Lloyds TSB statements should be aware. Im not sure if it was merely that particular branch or whether this policy is universal to all Lloyds TSB branches. someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Again thanks for all your input and I will update my status in the timelines should I be approved *fingers crossed*

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:36 pm

dusk82,

so by the way how did u send ur bank statements just online without bank sign or signature??

Or did u send the original statements which u get to ur home address.

I read in this forum somewhere where someone from Llyods bank has got bank stamp i thnk so. Just stamp i guess any bank shud b ready to do. Yeah they r not ready to sign and provide with a letter. It varies from bank to bank.

I guess by this time HO shud b aware of this and how the bank operates when anyone apply from UK.

letmec2006

BANKS

Post by letmec2006 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:19 pm

This is really hectic and annoying, the banks doing this for us, where the HO is very beaureutic asking hundreds of things.
I went to lloyds and asked three branches where they simply said they dont have a format also they dont authenticate with letter. however i have to admit he stamped my online printouts. I did travel about 170 miles where I lived before the same Lloyds TSB branch there did a letter to authenticate.
Simply this is because they dont want to move their backs and do some work.
I hope my visa is through and I dont need to go and face this horrible faces again.
Unforfunately there is no way to complain about this anywhere. :twisted:

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:12 pm

so letmec2006 u too submitted statements with just bank stamp on it.

You dnt get the original statements to ur home address and by the way when did u apply for ur extension i mean on which date?

letmec2006

Hi

Post by letmec2006 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:29 pm

Hi Duvvuri
Its not incountry, from India for my dependant.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:47 pm

oh m not sure how it ll b from India. I applied for my wife dependent visa during this time last yr. At tht time i gave all my original documents so dint have any problem.

I guess for dependents it shudnt b a problem