ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter for Social Welfare

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Heinrich

Letter for Social Welfare

Post by Heinrich » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:38 pm

Got a letter today, asking for social welfare letter confirming if I am/am not in receipt of social welfare payment or have been for the last 3 years. Is this right, I thought they are doing the check on you from their side....

zafarzafar
BANNED

HI

Post by zafarzafar » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:02 am

Yes you need to get a letter from department of social welfare to confirm you are not the recepiant of any benifits from the state

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: Letter for Social Welfare

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:17 pm

Heinrich wrote:Got a letter today, asking for social welfare letter confirming if I am/am not in receipt of social welfare payment or have been for the last 3 years. Is this right, I thought they are doing the check on you from their side....
Who did you get the letter from? What are you applying for?

Heinrich

Post by Heinrich » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:45 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
Heinrich wrote:Got a letter today, asking for social welfare letter confirming if I am/am not in receipt of social welfare payment or have been for the last 3 years. Is this right, I thought they are doing the check on you from their side....
Who did you get the letter from? What are you applying for?
Yes,sorry.Never put that in my post. From INIS, for naturalisation.

victor8600

Post by victor8600 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:17 pm

Heinrich wrote:Yes,sorry.Never put that in my post. From INIS, for naturalisation.
Go to your local SWO (look it up in Google, for example "SWO Finglas Dublin"), or write them a letter requesting this confirmation. In your letter, state the purpose of the request (naturalisation application). It may take couple of weeks for SWO to send you the answer.
All your base are belong to us

Heinrich

Post by Heinrich » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:37 pm

victor8600 wrote:
Heinrich wrote:Yes,sorry.Never put that in my post. From INIS, for naturalisation.
Go to your local SWO (look it up in Google, for example "SWO Finglas Dublin"), or write them a letter requesting this confirmation. In your letter, state the purpose of the request (naturalisation application). It may take couple of weeks for SWO to send you the answer.
Thx m8, I went to SWO on Tuesday, took them 2 min to give me the letter. I just thought INIS do this check from their side, did not know they ask you to sent in a letter yourself.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:33 am

Heinrich wrote:
victor8600 wrote:
Thx m8, I went to SWO on Tuesday, took them 2 min to give me the letter. I just thought INIS do this check from their side, did not know they ask you to sent in a letter yourself.
Hi Heinrich, If I may ask, when did you apply? Did they tell you if your Garda report arrived yet?

9j
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

Heinrich

Post by Heinrich » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:52 pm

9jeirean wrote:
Heinrich wrote:
victor8600 wrote:
Hi Heinrich, If I may ask, when did you apply? Did they tell you if your Garda report arrived yet?

9j
Hi 9j,
I applied December 2007. Updated documents been asked in April 2009. The last time I spoke to them, about 2 months ago, they were still waiting for Garda, but I am phoning them on Tuesday again, will see if they received in the mean time.