ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some clarification req

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

positivesolitude

Some clarification req

Post by positivesolitude » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:27 am

Dear friends

Need help in filling the Set(0)form for ILR which I am due in a few months time.

Q1)Section 3

I first came as a dependent ,then switched to work permit,then to HSMP and then now on Tier-1.Due to ILR in March 2010 so was wondering if I need to tick all the categories I was in or just the present category i,e Tier-1.

Q2)Section 6

6.1 - Should I mention when I first entered as a dependent or as a work-permit holder since the question seems a bit tricky.It asks for the date of first entry at the beginning of period of stay on which the application is based.Since dependent period wont be counted as I am applying based on 5 years stay as WP ,HSMP And Tier -1 holder ,I though it was from the work-permit date.Any suggestions please?

6.2 - I dont remember all the dates since we did go on short vacations to Europe and India but difficult to find on the passport.Anyways can I contact the home office for a list of my entry and exit list.

What is SAR form by the way and is it useful for this application.

Also,is the not being out of the country for more than 90 days and 180 days in 5 years rule applicable to the dependant as well. Whats the maximum days one can be out in 5 years period or every year for dependants?

Lastly,for finances,they ask about whether we pay mortgage and our Income after tax and cuttings etc in Section 5.Do we need to show any maintenance funds as well like for Tier-1.I mean if we show our pay slips and bank statements would that suffice.

Thank You

positivesolitude

Post by positivesolitude » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:31 am

Someone please help with your answers.Thank You.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:20 pm

1/ Tick the current status
2a/ I would say use the WP date
2b/ Yes the SAR could be useful in jogging your memory on any missing dates, http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... w=Binary#3

The absences are not an issue for a dependent who is applying for ILR as a dependent. The form only asks for the main applicants absences.

You do not need to show any set amount as in Tier 1 application. i would say your payslips/ p60s should be sufficient. Bank statements can be an issue if you are always deep in the red