ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application returned as invalid because wrong fees

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marusia.side
Newly Registered

Application returned as invalid because wrong fees

Post by marusia.side » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:50 pm

Hi, I am a little confused to receive my application back from Home Office with a mark "invalid". I am extending my HSMP after 2 years here in London. I am reading clearly in the page 4 of application form that "Where a Tier 1 (General) applicant has a valid HSMP approval letter, but has yet to
obtain the associated leave to remain, the fee payable is £400 ...". But they are saying in the letter to me that I have to pay 820.
Can someone explain? Is this because I am switching from HSMP to Tier 1? Or is it because I did not attached the original HSMP letter issued 2 years ago? I am concerned that if I will send them a form with 820 payment, they will reject it again because I had to pay 400. :)
Also my term expired on October 12, and I received the letter about invalid application on October 30 (that I sent to them on October 9th). Does it mean that I cannot work any more, or is it OK for me to resend the application and keep working until it is returned with rejection or success?

winber

Post by winber » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:04 am

The £400 fee is a leftover from when it was a two step process to get these types of visas (new applications).

I don't know what the fee is these days for Tier 1 extension, but £820 sounds right.

You are not switching into Tier 1, you are extending your Tier 1 (new name of HSMP).

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:47 am

The amount you paid was for the people who had the confirmation of HSMP participation but have not had the visa stamped on their passport. So, it seems HO is right by invalidating the application. You need to pay £820 (£750 if you are a citizen of three certain countries, or relavant amount if you apply in person).

Since your visa has expired, as far as I know, the only case you can legally work is that if you go with the appeal route. But I am not sure about the odds for a positive result when also considering the above.

I have read another thread where it was saying re-applying after expiration was fine and his extension application was approved. He did not state whether he worked during this time. But I think, if you choose to make a new application, you should not work until getting your new visa.

The other option is to leave the UK and make a new application which I guess you would not prefer unless you had to.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:59 am

Other replies have covered fee issue. You were wrong in in understanding fees. As mentioned by earlier reply, get in touch with HO, I think, application can still be considered as extension, somebody on this forum has done it already in case of invalid application due to photos.
Don't loose hope and get in touch with HO.

nagan
Newly Registered

Post by nagan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:44 pm

I'm also in same situation.In fact in a different situation.i sent my application along with dependent application.Home office processed payment on 26/10/2009.when i checked my CC account,only dependent amount (£50)was deducted.bank declined the main applicant transaction(£820) due online secuirty.But after three days i got a letter from HO,in acknowleding the receipt of my application.i haven't got my application back.

How long it takes to get my application back?

marusia.side,you should pay £820 for extending your stay under Tier1.

did you get the acknowledgement from HO, before your application returned as invalid?...

My visa expries on 3rd december.

Thanks
Nagan