ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cheque payment for in person appts ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vidya

cheque payment for in person appts ?

Post by vidya » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:08 pm

hi

can some one please clarify ....

the payment guidance says we can pay by cheque but is this really acceptable for in person appts ?

i have a HSBC visa debit card , is this acceptable ? the guidance notes says only maestro debit card :(

also , does anyone know if we need to pay by cash , whether hsbc allows one time ATM withdrawals of 1300 gbp ( paying for 2 visa applications)

thanks in advance :shock: :?:

taliska

Post by taliska » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:42 pm

debit card would be acceptable for payment but i would be worried about trying to make a payment with a cheque as this would have to clear prior to application being processed so may cause delay

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:00 am

I think you can pay by cheque if you have a debit card with cheque guarantee of the required amount. If you check your debit card there may be a hologram where it is written "cheque guarantee" and there is an amount. That amount must be higher than the amount you need to pay by cheque.

However, that amount is generally not enough for payments like the one required for the visa application. So, I would discard the option of paying by cheque.

If you haven't agreed otherwise, your cash drawal limit should be £300. So, you possibly can not withdraw £1020 in one day.

In case you go with the postal order option, then you will again need the cash as post offices only accept cash for postal orders. And if it is a premium application, postal orders are not reasonable as they also incur issueing fee.