ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

London Underground Fine

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

laatif
Newly Registered

London Underground Fine

Post by laatif » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:55 am

Dear All,

I have to go to court not pay fare and using Some one else travel card.
I went to the court and court did a fine to me.
I have paid the fine. Should I need to mention this thing on Tier1 extension form or not ?

Thanks a lot .

Regards,
Ali

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: London Underground Fine

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:12 pm

laatif wrote:Dear All,

I have to go to court not pay fare and using Some one else travel card.
I went to the court and court did a fine to me.
I have paid the fine. Should I need to mention this thing on Tier1 extension form or not ?

Thanks a lot .

Regards,
Ali
Alway good to mention the offense especially if you went to court for the same.

laatif
Newly Registered

Post by laatif » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:16 pm

Do you think underground case will affect the case

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:12 pm

Possibly not.

But bear in mind that there is a subjective "person of a good character" concept introduced in the proposed new law for acquiring British citizenship. So, going forward, be careful and be a good man :)

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:22 pm

laatif wrote:Do you think underground case will affect the case
Don't think so. Try to avoid such activity in future. And if you do, don't get caught ;-)

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:27 pm

i had speeding fine which I declared in the application. 3 points though

laatif
Newly Registered

Post by laatif » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:27 pm

Dear Thanks for your reply and suggestion :) You would not beleive me it was the first when I used Travel card of some one else and caught .
Might be you remember during heavy snow fall time my office was closed and in morning I received a call you have to come to office. so just use my friend monthly travel card so avoid to wait in queu.

I got below information from an other source he is say dont need to mention.
Hi, I was charged with Fare evasion on London Underground eight months back. I appeared in court and was fined £50. I am currently on work permit in UK and am applying for a two year extension through my employer. Do I need to declare this in the extension form? I believe there was no criminal record against my name for this offence. If declared how will lt affect my chances of extension
Author: N/A
I dont do UK!

What you people suggest.....

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:58 pm

If there is a conviction, the guidelines ask you to specify. However, it is you who will choose whether to put any convictions on the form or not.

But, if by any way, the caseworker reaches the information that you actually had a conviction which has not been claimed in the application, then they might refuse your application on a very firm basis.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:52 pm

laatif wrote:Dear Thanks for your reply and suggestion :) You would not beleive me it was the first when I used Travel card of some one else and caught .
Might be you remember during heavy snow fall time my office was closed and in morning I received a call you have to come to office. so just use my friend monthly travel card so avoid to wait in queu.

Hi, I was charged with Fare evasion on London Underground eight months back. I appeared in court and was fined £50. I am currently on work permit in UK and am applying for a two year extension through my employer. Do I need to declare this in the extension form? I believe there was no criminal record against my name for this offence. If declared how will lt affect my chances of extension
I dont do UK!

I would declare it and also mention circustances. If HO found out at later stage, they will have a valid reason to kick you. And you will always have a risk hanging on your head. So why take chances. It will not affect decision anyway..but not declaring might.Though guidelines says only convinction should be declared..but no harm in doing it. Being Honest and upfront will save you in long run.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:11 am

chetanojha wrote:
laatif wrote:Dear Thanks for your reply and suggestion :) You would not beleive me it was the first when I used Travel card of some one else and caught .

I dont do UK!

I would declare it and also mention circustances. If HO found out at later stage, they will have a valid reason to kick you. And you will always have a risk hanging on your head. So why take chances. It will not affect decision anyway..but not declaring might.Though guidelines says only convinction should be declared..but no harm in doing it. Being Honest and upfront will save you in long run.
thruth and honesty always wins

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:58 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote: thruth and honesty always wins
Very true. Sometimes people just give up on them.