ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

On Long Term Deputation to London on Tier 2 Intra Company Wo

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sunandoghosh

On Long Term Deputation to London on Tier 2 Intra Company Wo

Post by sunandoghosh » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:50 pm

On Long Term Deputation to London on Tier 2 Intra Company Work Permit but NO Payroll Transfer

Hello Friends,
I really need some advice and am at a loss on how to go about it.

I am currently On Long Term Deputation to London on Tier 2 Intra Company Work Permit but NO Payroll Transfer. (Not even secondment). I have straightaway landed here at client project location and will work for another 7-8 months here at client location.

I get my Indian Salary and per diems with company leased provided accommodation.

Challenge I am facing:

I want to bring / invite my mother here. However, I have no bank (salary account) here locally in UK and no rental agreement in my name.
To my understanding this poses a significant challenge in terms of supporting my ability to invite my mother here and weakens her case if she applies for visa in India at consulate.

I know normally Indian Companies Transfer the payroll for assignments longer than six months. But my employer multinational company does not.
Also they have refused to issue any supporting document to substantiate visa case for my mother.

Suggestion

I need your advice guidance. It has been a dream to call my parents once and this seems like once in lifetime opportunity and at the same time I fear risk of visa refusal as the docs may not be that strong.

Any experience / advice please.

Thanks
Sunandoghosh
Sunandoghosh at gmail dot com

sunandoghosh

Post by sunandoghosh » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:19 am

Any resposne plase

sanak

Post by sanak » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:16 pm

sunandoghosh wrote:Any resposne plase

You can ask them to apply independent visit visa which entitles you to stay in UK for 6month.

sunandoghosh

Post by sunandoghosh » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:19 pm

I guess u r saying rather than dependent visa it should be general visitor visa

sunandoghosh

Post by sunandoghosh » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:16 pm

Pls respond with ur valuable advice.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:37 am

I agree with Sanak. You want to invite your mother to the UK as a visitor and hence a visitor visa is the best option for that. If she can show sufficient funds in India and establish that she does not intend to work in the UK and intends to return to India before the visa expires, there should not be a problem. Since you are not employed by a UK firm, have no UK Bank account and residence in your name, you sending her an initiation letter will not help. It would help if you can secure a letter from your employer stating that you will be working on a project for the said time period and that they are okay with your mother sharing your accommodation for the duration of her stay in the UK.

sunandoghosh

Post by sunandoghosh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:08 am

krazydude wrote:I agree with Sanak. You want to invite your mother to the UK as a visitor and hence a visitor visa is the best option for that. If she can show sufficient funds in India and establish that she does not intend to work in the UK and intends to return to India before the visa expires, there should not be a problem. Since you are not employed by a UK firm, have no UK Bank account and residence in your name, you sending her an initiation letter will not help. It would help if you can secure a letter from your employer stating that you will be working on a project for the said time period and that they are okay with your mother sharing your accommodation for the duration of her stay in the UK.
Excellent summarization...and well advised...kind of what convinces me thanks a tonnes.