ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vvr
Newly Registered

Maintenance fund

Post by vvr » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:41 pm

Hi

please let me know whether a letter from the bank stating that the required amount have been in the account since 3 months is enough for the maintenance fund or do i need the 3 months bank statements as well

please reply

Regards

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: Maintenance fund

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:00 am

vvr wrote:Hi

please let me know whether a letter from the bank stating that the required amount have been in the account since 3 months is enough for the maintenance fund or do i need the 3 months bank statements as well

please reply

Regards
3 months bank statements immediately before application would be fine but for some reason if you don't have bank statements then you can get bank to print you the letter out on the bank stationery with stamp saying that.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:16 am

I am afraid the letter should be supported by the bankstatements also.. just the letter ??????

Please read the HO GUIDANCE Page 35-36

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf

Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.
We will not accept statements which show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that the applicant holds enough funds for the full period needed.

vvr
Newly Registered

Post by vvr » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:51 am

Thanks for the information

as per the HO office guidance page no 36 point no 3 stating that : Letter from bank confirming funds and they have been in the bank for at least three months:

thus i have a letter from my bank stating the balance and the duration, is it okay or do i need statements

orelse letter from finance institution from charted accounts is okay

please let me know is there anyone applied and granted visa with bank letter only

waiting for the reply

migun
Newly Registered

Post by migun » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:41 pm

vvr wrote:Thanks for the information

as per the HO office guidance page no 36 point no 3 stating that : Letter from bank confirming funds and they have been in the bank for at least three months:

thus i have a letter from my bank stating the balance and the duration, is it okay or do i need statements

orelse letter from finance institution from charted accounts is okay

please let me know is there anyone applied and granted visa with bank letter only

waiting for the reply
It is always good to have a letter from bank and the account stmnt as wel
l

myegin11

Post by myegin11 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Seems the letter itself is enough as it is listed as evidence and is not bound to any conditions. However, the letter must contain the required information.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:48 pm

Even if the Letter from the Bank is as per the HO Requirement for the Maintenance Funds.. is good enough..

i am wondering/just curious: what will you produce as 1of the sources of Proof for earnings.. Even here atleast you have to produce the bank statements which have to be MATCHED with the Payslips.. UNLESS you are using seperate accounts for Earnings and Maintenance funds..

NOTE: Please ask and clear any or every doubt you have.. pls dont make simple mistakes and waste ur TIME and FEES..

vvr
Newly Registered

Post by vvr » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Ramesh,

Thanks for the reply

Actually i am having 2 accounts one is in middleast and the other one is in India, for earnings i am using middleast account and for maintenance fund i want to use NRI account. for earnings i have bank statements from the middleast bank account

thanks again for your prompt answer

blr
Newly Registered

Post by blr » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:16 am

Is it alright to submit only 3 month's bank statements? Unable to get the letter from the bank.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:10 am

blr wrote:Is it alright to submit only 3 month's bank statements? Unable to get the letter from the bank.
If your Maintenance bankstatements are ORIGINAL (that are sent home by post) then u dont need to submit letter from the bank

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:21 am

Now ho enquires from bank in writing for same if it is foreign bank not having office in UK.