ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Visa for Wife and Son

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AkashS
Member of Standing

Tier 1 Dependent Visa for Wife and Son

Post by AkashS » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:32 am

Test.. Test
Last edited by AkashS on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nil75

dependent visa

Post by nil75 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:35 am

lets tell u my experience on tire 1 (post study) dependent visa,

u need all pages of passport which is duly stamped by BHC, including ur previous visa stamped pages,

i dont think u need seperate appointment for ur son becoz both are dependent on u, in one appointment u can file both applications, also one demeand draft is enough for both application or if u want more safe side, carry cash, bank got counter inside the VFS office which i did.

what about other documents, like ur salary payslip, accomodation letter,

take other members advice as well if u need...

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Visa for Wife and Son

Post by mvent00 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:00 am

AkashS wrote:1. Dependent Application - VAF 10 Form - (2 forms. 1 for my Wife and 1 for son)

2. My Wife and Son's Passport

3. Photographs

3. Marriage Certificate as Relationship Evidence

4. We have joint account in IDBI (which I used for my visa also). So we are giving last 3 months statement from IDBI where Min balance is maintained more that req (2800 + 1600 + 1600 = 6000 GBP)
A letter from the bank that we both have this joint saving account with them.

5. Copy of my passport ( First Page, Last Page and Visa Page). Do I need to take copy of all 36 Pages or only First/Last and Visa pages? Only visa and personal detail pages are enough.

6. Oanda Conversion chart for maintenance funds (printout of the same day of application)

7. Emal confirmation letter of Appointment

My son is only 2 years old. Can I accompany them (in VFS) while they apply for dependent Visa saying that I am applying on behalf of my son as he is so young. I sent an email to BHC and asked for the permission to accompany my child but they replied only applicants are allowed inside VFS. Now my question is that if we need to apply only for my son, how a two years old child will go inside and apply for the Visa? Yes, you can accompany your son. You are going to sign his application form, so there would be no problem if you accompany him. I would suggest you one more thing, that instead of asking them permission to accompany with your child, you should ask them who can accompany a 2 year old minor?? The answer would be deifinitely, "a parent or legal gurardain", you take print out of it with you.

As suggested by Chetan and Push_HSMP, I am also taking below mentioned document if required:

My own Passport
Child Birth Certificate

Apart form that, I have another query. VFS given 2 separate appointment for my wife and son (8:15 AM and 8:30 AM). I saw that for each dependent, separate form will be used. But they both are applying as a depedent of me, how will it work out. Do I need to carry two copies of every documents listed above or I'll need to tell them they both are applying under my dependent. Will VFS combined both forms and send to the BHC?
There is no problem with that. Your wife will show marriage certificate, while your kid will show birth certificate. Both will have their own application forms, with copy of your visa and personal detail pages from passport. Last thing is maintenance funds, your wife will show original bank statement, and also she can show these on behalf of your kid. As from guidance, any of the parents can show maintenance funds for the kids. So, there would be no problem. About 8:15 and 8:30, this is also not an issue. You can enter VAC 15 minutes earlier than your scheduled time and no more later than 15 minutes after scheduled time. So, all of you can enter same time.

Also, can I prepare one single Demand Draft of INR 108000/- (54000 + 54000) or I will need to prepare two separate demand drafts? To be on safe side, I would suggest to prepare two 54000 + 54000.

Is there anythying I am still missing? Please provide your view on the same. Looks fine, just make sure that photographs are fresh and according to guidance and not appeared in any previous visas on their passports. Good luck.. Thanks.

Regards

Akash...[/color]

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:39 pm

Thanks to both of you for your replies. As far as I know, salary slips and accommodation letter is not required. I am not in the UK and still to use my Tier 1 Visa so there is no point of providing Salary slips and Accommodation proof.

Also, I have just emailed BHC and asked them the same thing that "who can accompany 2 years minor" :) Hope their reply will be the same as expected.

I am going to prepare 2 DD for both my wife and son but I think their application will be sent in one docket. I hope I'll need not to get everything in 2 copies like 2 bank statements, 2 cover letters and 2 copies of other documents. Please correct me if I understand right this point...

Another thing is that one of you is saying that all pages are required and one is saying that only Visa pages + personal Details pages will be required.. Please suggest me more on this. However, I'll take Passport with me so it can be done at VFS also if required..

As mentioned earlier, we are showing our joint account statement for maintenance fund requirements. Total available fund is eqv to or mroe than GBP 2800 + 1600 + 1600. I used the same for my Visa application time also...I hope this is fine.

Regards,
Akash...

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:03 pm

AkashS wrote:Thanks to both of you for your replies. As far as I know, salary slips and accommodation letter is not required. I am not in the UK and still to use my Tier 1 Visa so there is no point of providing Salary slips and Accommodation proof.

Also, I have just emailed BHC and asked them the same thing that "who can accompany 2 years minor" :) Hope their reply will be the same as expected.

I am going to prepare 2 DD for both my wife and son but I think their application will be sent in one docket. I hope I'll need not to get everything in 2 copies like 2 bank statements, 2 cover letters and 2 copies of other documents. Please correct me if I understand right this point...

Another thing is that one of you is saying that all pages are required and one is saying that only Visa pages + personal Details pages will be required.. Please suggest me more on this. However, I'll take Passport with me so it can be done at VFS also if required.. Akash everybody has their own opinion. Please note you have to satisfy VFS people their who may ask for full passport xerox. I don't understand why you are hesitant in providing it. At the most it will cost you another Rs. 50 (for full passport xerox).If you are asked for full copy will you argue with people at BHC about it or submit whatever asked to smoothen the process? Please note cover letters are also not required for application but still we all submit. Isn't it? You wouldn't want to run for xerox on 11th hour if asked.

As mentioned earlier, we are showing our joint account statement for maintenance fund requirements. Total available fund is eqv to or mroe than GBP 2800 + 1600 + 1600. I used the same for my Visa application time also...I hope this is fine.

Regards,
Akash...

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:17 am

jhjkhjjkhjkhj
Last edited by AkashS on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:14 am

You can customise the template in below link:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:52 pm

hgjgjgjgjkgjgbkjhjkh
Last edited by AkashS on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:54 pm

Looks fine to me. Remove all personal details of your wife,son,passport no. etc. from your post.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:53 pm

chetanojha wrote:Looks fine to me. Remove all personal details of your wife,son,passport no. etc. from your post.
Thanks Chetan. I am all set to apply tomorrow. Moreover, I also got an email from VFS that I can accompany my child as he is so young. In fact VFS people told me that any of the parents can apply on behalf of the child and you need not to bring child....

:)

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:37 pm

AkashS wrote:
chetanojha wrote:Looks fine to me. Remove all personal details of your wife,son,passport no. etc. from your post.
Thanks Chetan. I am all set to apply tomorrow. Moreover, I also got an email from VFS that I can accompany my child as he is so young. In fact VFS people told me that any of the parents can apply on behalf of the child and you need not to bring child....

:)
Excellent.!!! Good Luck with your application.

aroras77
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa ( Son and Wife)

Post by aroras77 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:35 am

Hi,
I am currently in India holding General Migrant Tier-1 visa and want to apply for the dependent visa for my wife and son.
As I am in India I currently do not have UK rent contract, utilities bills of UK and payslips for my UK client.
I only have the UK company offer letter.
I did not see any mention of rent agreement, utility bills and salary slips for dependent visa in ukba official site.
Still a lot of people applying for dependent visa do send in these docs.
Can anyone suggest whether these are mandatory documents for the dependent visa or these are just the supporting document.
Is it fine to apply for the dependent visa without UK rent contract, utilities bills of UK and payslips for my UK client.

Thanks
Aroras

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent Visa ( Son and Wife)

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:58 am

aroras77 wrote:Hi,
I am currently in India holding General Migrant Tier-1 visa and want to apply for the dependent visa for my wife and son.
As I am in India I currently do not have UK rent contract, utilities bills of UK and payslips for my UK client.
I only have the UK company offer letter.
I did not see any mention of rent agreement, utility bills and salary slips for dependent visa in ukba official site.
Still a lot of people applying for dependent visa do send in these docs.
Can anyone suggest whether these are mandatory documents for the dependent visa or these are just the supporting document.
Is it fine to apply for the dependent visa without UK rent contract, utilities bills of UK and payslips for my UK client.

Thanks
Aroras
You don;t need to have rent agreement especially when you are applying from India. You are fine without it and also without utilities bill etc.

Instead of misxing your query with someone else's post please post your query in separate thread so it can be searched by other members.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi Chetan/ All,

My dependents got Visa. We applied on 3rd Nov from VFS Bangalore and to my surprise, we got our Passport back yesterday (Saturday). I cannot believe that they got Visa in 3 days only :)

Thanks a lot for your kind help :)

Now I am planning to book my flight for 3-4 Dec. However, staying arrangement is still not done and I am looking for.. Hope this will be done soon.

As fas as I remember, we will need to carry following items 1st tme:

Chest X-Ray for all (for 2 years kid is it required?)

bank Statement I'll take with me (print out is fine?)

Is there any thing that I shud carry or even only X-Ray is more than enough.

Regards,
Akash...

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:33 pm

AkashS wrote:Hi Chetan/ All,

My dependents got Visa. We applied on 3rd Nov from VFS Bangalore and to my surprise, we got our Passport back yesterday (Saturday). I cannot believe that they got Visa in 3 days only :)

Thanks a lot for your kind help :)

Now I am planning to book my flight for 3-4 Dec. However, staying arrangement is still not done and I am looking for.. Hope this will be done soon.

As fas as I remember, we will need to carry following items 1st tme:

Chest X-Ray for all (for 2 years kid is it required?)

bank Statement I'll take with me (print out is fine?)

Is there any thing that I shud carry or even only X-Ray is more than enough.

Regards,
Akash...
Hi Akash Congratulations..!! Glad it is quick approval.. Don;t think you need X-ray for kid. If immigration officer want to see one he can always get one done at airport(which would be time consuming).

You can carry your maintenance fund details with you. Don't think immigration officer ask for it often but nice to have.

Good Luck..!!!

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:25 pm

Dont expose your kid to harmful x-ray radiations.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

letmec2006

HI

Post by letmec2006 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:44 pm

Congrats Akash
That was quick
Somebody applied from Delhi VFS on 26/10 havent hear back yet.
I am appying tomorrow. lets see
Thanks for updating

tulipz
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by tulipz » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:17 pm

My 1.5 yr old daughter came here on Tier1 dependent visa.

X-ray WAS NOT required.

Make sure you and your wife carry the 'report' along with the x-ray film.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:19 am

tulipz wrote:My 1.5 yr old daughter came here on Tier1 dependent visa.

X-ray WAS NOT required.

Make sure you and your wife carry the 'report' along with the x-ray film.
Thanks Chetan/ Push and Tulipz. I'll get X-Ray done for me and my wife only. I'll also carry bank statement in case if it is required.

I also could not confirm any place to stay. I wud prefer to stay near Swindon/ Reading. I am trying to search accommodation through net but did not get yet. Is there any letting agency website you guys know is good and can help me..

Also, Is there anything I am forgetting... Apart from my passport :D