ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on filling Part 5a (Family Details)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aksh_uk
Newly Registered

Query on filling Part 5a (Family Details)

Post by aksh_uk » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:36 pm

I am married and have one daughter. But right now I want to apply visa for myself alone. I want to apply for my wife and daughter after some time.
My concern is : can I say "No" in Sec 5.1 and fill my wife and daugher details in 5.2 to 5.7 or leave them empty.
If I leave them empty Will it cause any problem later when I apply dependent visa for them.

In case I fill my wife and daugher details then in Appendix 1 Sec 7.1, It says "Calculate the amount of funds required for you and the dependents named in the Personal Details part of this application form and enter the amount here". In this case if I enter amount for myself alone(GBP 2800) it will be wrong.

Experienced people, Please share your experience.

aksh_uk
Newly Registered

Post by aksh_uk » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:14 am

Can senior members please give your openion.

Thanks in advance
aksh_uk

maddy_uob
Newly Registered

Post by maddy_uob » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:42 am

Hi,

Two things, 1. You have to declare your wife/partner details and say if she/he is accompanying you now or in the next 12 months. If he/she is accompanying you now or in the next 12 months then you will have to show the maintenance funds for him/her too.

2. Kids, unless you plan to take your kids either with you or within the next 12 months you dont need to mention/declare the kids. As the application form VAF9 only asks for "Do you have any children under 18 accompanying you or joining you at a later date?".

However, it is better to say it in the Section 7 that you are not planning to take your wife/husband and kids in the next 12 months and show only funds for yourself if that is what you have/plan.

Would request some of the senior members to confirm the above - just in case.

Cheers,
Maddy[/quote]

aksh_uk
Newly Registered

Post by aksh_uk » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:17 am

Hi Maddy.

Your explanation is enough to clear my doubt.

Thanks

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:00 am

hi aksh_uk,

what is the status of your visa?Did you got that....