ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused - Visitor Visa from London UK

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niteck07
Newly Registered

Refused - Visitor Visa from London UK

Post by niteck07 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:51 pm

Hi,
I am an Indian Citizen currently on work permit in London UK
My permit expires on 31-March-2006

I applied for Temp. Resident Visa / Visitor Visa (Multiple Entry) today
in the Canadian High Commission in London, UK
I went personally and took following documents along
- Invitaion letter from my cousin with copy of his Canadian PR Card
- My passport
- Bank Stmts
- Salary Slips
- Work Permit Documents

My Application was rejected for following reasons
-- my travel history
-- my immigration status in uk

The visa officer told me that i should have applied for single entry
visa with a proper reference letter from my employer as my stay in uk
is just 4 mnths remaining and he did'nt feel my case ws strong enough.
Also he told me that am eligible to re-apply

I need to know if its advisable to re-apply I am arraging for a letter
from employer stating my current status in uk and that it is likely to
get extended by two months after march'06

Also this time i will be applying for single entry visa rather than
multiple entry

I need to know if its okay to re-apply for same visa and if they would
still consider my application considering that my applcation has been
refused once

Thx in advance

Nitin

Ozzee
Newly Registered

Post by Ozzee » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:22 pm

Hello Nitin,

You mentioned in your post that your visa was rejected because of the Travel history also, can you explain what travel that you did prompted this rejection?

Thanks
Ozzee

niteck07
Newly Registered

Post by niteck07 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:13 pm

Hi Ozee,
I don't know what does visa officer refer to by Travel History

I have been in uk since aug'2004 on work permit and as of now its valid till march'06 I did travel to india once in aug'05 for 3 weeks and came back in end of aug to resume my work

What he told me was that since i have only 4 mnths uk permit left i cannot apply for multiple entry visa

I need to know if its okay to re-apply for same visa (single entry this time) and if they would
still consider my application considering that my applcation has been
refused once

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:54 pm

1. IMHO even the issuance of a single entry visa will be problematic given that it does not negate the issue of your UK status post 31 March 2006 - this is only 4 months away. Is your contract and by default WP likely to be extended? I would suggest applying after this has been resolved. In the visa officer's opinion you have no distinct ties to the UK (no ILR) nor India given you have been away from there for some time...what incentive do you have to depart Canada?

2. The comment re travel history - you have no record of traveling in the US/ Europe/ Canada/ Australia and departing accordingly...do you have any visa refusals from any of these countries/ regions?

3. Requirement for employer letter is only definitive proof of ongoing employment - the payslips you presented could have been from your last employment date given the issue of notice.

niteck07
Newly Registered

Post by niteck07 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:04 pm

Thanks a lot for responding Kayalami
Would you be kind enough to repond to my following query

As u stated Ishould re-apply once my wp is extended beyond my current stay which is 31-March-2006

I have got a letter from my employer stating that I have ben employed by then w/e/f 11 aug 2004 and that my assignment is due to be extended by 2 months and will be returning to work for us after Christmas Break

Also I have a Transfer letter (dated 09-AUG-2204) from my India Employer that confirms I am on a Temporary assigment in UK and would be returning back to India on the completion of this project

Along with my UK bank statements I can also provide print out of bank statements of my Indian Bank a/c

Do you feel providing above mentioned docs and my latest pay slips and a new letter of invitaion would make my case strong enough for a Single Entry application

Also am pasting the points the visa officer mentioned in his refusal letter

1. you have not satisfied me that u meet req. that uw
your ties to ur contry of resi/citizenship
2. you hv not satisfied me that u wud leave canada at
a. your travel histry
b. your immigrtn status in uk
c. purpose of visit
d. your overall situation at present
3. you hv submitted docmentation tht lacks authneticit
(This is with regard to the invitation letter from my
I have asked him to post a signed hard copy this time)

Would really appreciate your response
Thanks
Nitin

cubicmedia
Newly Registered

Post by cubicmedia » Wed May 23, 2007 5:37 pm

CLC London! THEY ARE TOTALLY SUCKS!

If you are from India or Pakistan, I don't think so you will be able to get visitor visa ever from CLC London.

I am here on work permit since 2002 and my visa is valid till 2011, I got my own property (3 beds house), I attached all the documents which they asked on their website, but they refused my application.

Then I applied in person as before I applied for new drop box system, Visa officer asked me very stupid questions, he did not listen what I as saying, just simply refused, but I told him why don’t you write on your website that any one from Pakistan having work permit should not apply?

If you are from Pakistan or India, having student or work permit, just forget about visitor visa.

Nitin you can try but I don't think so you will be able to get any luck...

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Wed May 23, 2007 9:25 pm

Hi,

I understand your frustation. What was the reason of refusal? It is easy to get canadian immig than canadian visitor visa

Ali

cubicmedia
Newly Registered

Post by cubicmedia » Thu May 24, 2007 12:11 am

He said I am young, having no ties here also on work permit.

I am very angry because I genuinely want to go there for holiday purposes, I am having a very good job here in UK, I don’t think so I will be able to earn this amount of money anywhere in the world.

Visa Officer did not even have a look on my bank statements, other financial documents, salary slips, property documents, It’s like he already made his mind that he wants to refuse if you got work permit and a Pakistani National.

cubicmedia
Newly Registered

Post by cubicmedia » Thu May 24, 2007 1:55 pm

I am very dissatisfied with the whole process and feel it was a total waste of money and time. It makes me think it is just a way for them to get more money (denying applications making people reapply). I can’t help but feel that I am being discriminated against for my age and where I was born. I am an honest, hard-working person who deserves to be treated better than a second-class citizen.

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Tue May 29, 2007 8:10 pm

Hi,

It is very hard to get canadian visit visa and usually people say that it is easy to get immigration than visit visa. I think it is true as well. I understand your frustation but most people from our home country go there and apply for refugee status. I am sure you dont have any such intentions to do that but it is not easy to satisfy immig officer.

And the second thing is, it is always easy to get visa as compare to from abroad

You can always reapply with stroong application. even though chances r very slim

Ali

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Wed May 30, 2007 2:16 pm

I am very sorry to hear of all your visa refusal and rejections by CIC London. I do not think there is any prejudice going on in issuing visa's to particular nationalities (I may be wrong :oops: )

I have visited Canada for more than 5-6 times whilst on Student visa in the UK and had no problems getting a visa at anytime. I did not even send invitation letters just emails and bank statements and I wasn't married then.

The important factors to look for which are very important are:

- Your social ties in the UK (Family, property, money, work etc)
- Your travel history. Before I came to the UK, I had travelled to alot of places in Europe and the America's. There was nothing to show I would not come back when I go to Canada.

What you should note is that, if you are single and do not have any strong ties in the UK and do not have any strong links in your home country, there is no reason you would return from Canada (in the mind of the officer) because your property can be sold in your absence etc

After getting married a couple of years back, I have successfully visited CND so many times with my wife without any issues. We still have unexpired visas for Canada I believe.

My advise, take a couple of trips to the Shengen states for the next two or three months and also get a US visa if you can (it helps a tremendous deal). Re-apply with all the supporting documents and you would be amazed at the results.

All the best. This is just my two cents.

Regards
Jes
Praise The Lord!!!!

cubicmedia
Newly Registered

Post by cubicmedia » Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:39 pm

Hi Jes,

Thanks for your post.

I been to Dubai, Australia and visited most of the Shengen States. If you have to be married or have any family or such things to apply for Canadian Visit Visa, it should be written on their website. I provide all the relative doucments what they mentioned on their website, in other words they are making us fool.

Kam

spactular
Newly Registered

Post by spactular » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:34 pm

Canadian embassies across the world are ONLY recruitment centres for cheap qualified labour. I have very bad experience with Canadian High Commission Islamabad when I applied for a TRV after getting invitation from Manitoba Business Imigration centre, who asked me to make an exploratory trip to Manitoba for business investment, and there is no doubt in my mind that ECOs in embassies are particularly instructed to refuse temperary resident visas.

I wrote a letter to Canadian High Commission in Islamabad, and Canadian PM and lot others as well but got no satisfactory answer from anyone, and even the guy in Islamabad did not bother to answer. In visa sections, idiots are working and they have no idea what to do.

After all this experience I am planning to get the member of parliament involved and ask the canadian government to tell us how many TRV applications they reeive every year and how many visas they issued.

Unless you name and shame such countries, you will continuously be dealing with biased and dearly beloved people.

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:59 pm

Hi,

I am really sad to know about the refusal of ur visa. From ur post it seems that u wanted to apply for business immig through Manitoba PNP.Could you please explain the reason why they refused the visa? Did u try contacting Manitoba office about the refusal as they must have provided u with a letter of invitation. Did u apply urself or through an authorized consultant?

I am asking these questions because i may be able to help you .

Let me know if i can be any help. U can also send me

regards,

Ali

spactular
Newly Registered

Post by spactular » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:25 pm

Hi

Yes province of Manitoba issued me letter of invitation to come for an exploratory trip and attend an interview with one of the team member. This invitation was sent to me after assessing my initial file. This exploratory trip is mandatory, I asked them if they an exempt me but they refused. I had in mind that CHC Islamabad would not issue visa as I heard different stories from other people.

Only reason CHC provided me is that I do not have strong ties with my country (they think so) and I may not return. I have a networth of around $ 1 million CDS including properties in Pakistan and Dubai which I sent copies of each with my visa application. Anyhow they don't give it a damm.

I did everything myself, no consultant but it does not mean that there was anything missing. BTW I have a family with two kids as well.

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:32 pm

Hi,

Thanks for replying to my post. This is the most common reason they give that one does not have enough ties to come back. Did you inform Manitoba people as well about the refusal and what was their reaction?

Did u apply single entry or multiple entry visa? Did u apply for urself and for ur whole family?

Let me know if u r still interested in immigrating to canada?

ali

spactular
Newly Registered

Post by spactular » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:27 pm

It was single entry visa I applied for, and just myself not the family.

Yes I informed the business immigration centre in Manitoba about refusal, they said that issuance of visa is a federal thing and they can not do anything.

I am interested in Quebec entp program now because exploratory trip is not mandatory but I dont know a single word of French. This is my only reservation. Some people say that since it comes under business category, quebec won't be bothered about French language like skilled workers but I haven't made my mind yet.

Ali_UK

Post by Ali_UK » Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:50 pm

Hi,

I sent u a Private message

ali

nkadidal
Newly Registered

Canadian tourist visa

Post by nkadidal » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:16 am

I'm in UK on work permit. I want to travel to Canada for tourism. I read in the canada site that a drop in application option is available now. Can anyone tell me how early I need to be in the Canadian embassy? How long will it take to finish the work? I need to catch the train back to cardiff so I would like to know

cubicmedia
Newly Registered

Post by cubicmedia » Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:01 pm

hi nkadidal,

You can go there any time between their normal working hours, it would not take more than 30 minutes depends how long is the queue, I been there twice and the queue was not very long.

Please make sure that you got enough evidence to prove that you got enough ties to UK.

Good Luck!

disdil4u

Urgent Help required for Canada Visitor Visa.

Post by disdil4u » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:41 pm

Hello

Anyone know about how to get Visitor visa for Canada from UK (London)

After getting rejection today I am trying to go Canadian Consulate London this friday in person to apply for one more time.

Can anyone confirm that if we go personally then are we able to get decision on same day???? As I am travelling from Edinburgh so it is really important for me.

How is process? Can we pay by Card in Pound or we must take Bank Draft in Canadian Dollars?

Thank you in advance

Immigration_facts
BANNED

Post by Immigration_facts » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:55 am

Hi there,

Good discussion.

For further information, visit:

-> Announcements -> Policy change regarding member websites
-> Announcements -> using this forum to solicit for or promote personal business

Good luck.

mirnat

Visitor Visa to Canada for Albanian National

Post by mirnat » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:00 pm

I was Interested to read this post because my husband just submitted an application at the ‘drop-in’ box at the Canadian High Commission in London. It’s quite worrying to see that they can refuse someone who has only a few months of their UK visa left, even if they’re in a good job etc – I’m worried now for my husband’s application!

The facts of our case are that I’m British and he’s Albanian. We are planning to go to Canada for a holiday on 17th May. Even though not required, we booked return tickets to the UK and provided proof of the return tickets in his application. He’s applied for a single-entry visa just to cover our holiday. From his passport they will see that he’s had 2 Schengen visas issued in the last year (one in May 2007 and one in December 2007) and he obviously returned to the UK from Europe on both occasions. I notice that the original poster’s reasons for their refusal were not long left on UK visa and their travel history. My husband’s spouse visa expires in March 2009 so 10 months after our holiday to Canada and he was also in England illegally for about 6 years before we got married. Does anyone have any comment about his chances of getting the Temporary Resident Visa? Also, I noticed that when using their ‘drop-box’ one can expect a response in 24 hours but for nationals of certain countries, one of which is Albania, a longer response time, up to 10 working days, may result. I just hope they give him the visa as we’ve paid for the flights, hotel, travel insurance etc (proof of all of which was submitted with his application!). He did of course also provide payslips, bank statements and proof of where we are currently living!

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:59 pm

mirnat, please let us the know the outcome of your husband's Canadian visitor visa..

mirnat

Post by mirnat » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:29 am

Just thought I’d post to say that my Albanian husband was successful in getting a visitor’s visa for Canada – he received his passport back this morning. It took the Canadian High Commission in London 1 week to process the application. What a relief as we’d already paid for return flights, travel insurance, hotel etc (proof of all of which was of course provided with the application). Anyway, here we come Canada for our holiday on 17th May!!