ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help.Polish living in ireland wants marry algerian citizen.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wafaa28
Newly Registered

Help.Polish living in ireland wants marry algerian citizen.

Post by wafaa28 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:54 am

hi to all can someone help me.im polish i live in ireland for 6 yrs my bf is from algeria hes not here yet we would like to marry.if we get marry do i need residency in ireland?i want him to come to ireland after we get married.where we should apply or if there possibility to get married in ireland not algeria?whats our options i heard that i have to get residency papers to be able to live with him in ireland i spoke with ppl from citizen information they told me i have to get tru naturalization process witch is long.ill be gratefull for any informations for above subject.[/b]

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:16 pm

Hi wafaa28.

It will be easier to marry in Algeria.

By the way, since you have lived in Ireland for more than 5 years, you are now a Permanent Resident. It is not compulsory, but I would recommend that you apply for a Permanent Residence Certificate on form EU2, as it may help you in the future.

Once married, your husband should apply for an EUTR visa from the nearest Irish mission.

Once he has the visa, he can come to Ireland. In Ireland, he should apply for a "Residence Card of a family member of a Union citizen", on form EU1.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.