ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my child become US citizen?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Newly Registered

Will my child become US citizen?

Post by 2888 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:01 am

I am a Japanese citizen and my husband is Hong Konger, will our child become US citizen directly if she is born in Guam or Saipan? Thanks

Lev Kobrin
Newly Registered

Re: Will my child become US citizen?

Post by Lev Kobrin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:23 pm

2888 wrote:I am a Japanese citizen and my husband is Hong Konger, will our child become US citizen directly if she is born in Guam or Saipan? Thanks
Since Guam is one of five U.S. territories, and the Guam Organic Act of 1950, established Guam as an unincorporated organized territory of the United States, provided for the structure of the island's civilian government, and granted the people U.S. citizenship, your child will receive it.
Saipan is the largest island and capital of the United States Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI). The CNMI joined the United States in November 1986. During negotiations, the CNMI and the USA agreed that the CNMI would be exempted from certain federal laws, including some concerning labor and immigration.
Thus, you right way is Guam.