ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary Promotion

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sam123

Temporary Promotion

Post by Sam123 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi all

I am here on WP, a visa national candidate. I have been offered a temp promotion and also planning to apply for ILR next year by Feb. 2010. Do myself/my employer need to inform about this promotion and tiny increase in salary? There is a possibility that this promotion may become permanent after Xmas period. If we need to inform could you please guide me through whom to contact- should be it in writing/phone?Any contact details would be appreciated.

And also we had an additin to our family last year, we have got the passport for the baby, but not applied for the visa yet. I am thinking we will apply for ILR as a family- is it ok or we have to apply for baby's visa first, can HO reject our application on this ground, when we apply for ILR in Feb?

Thanks
Samuel

Sam123

Post by Sam123 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:30 pm

Please reply!!!

taliska

Post by taliska » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:12 pm

don't think this would matter as you are still with same employer in similar role of employment and just getting a salary increase through promotion

Sam123

Post by Sam123 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:40 pm

Thanks for the reply, so I understand to promotion is allowed during WP. Do I need to update to H.O regarding this? My nature of job is still same but added another responsibility. Your all advise is highly appreciated. Thanks
Samuel

Sam123

Post by Sam123 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:16 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... employment

The above link says Technical changes of employment
If during the validity of the work permit, you wish to amend the personal details of your employee or make minor changes to the information we hold, you should complete a Notification of Technical Change of employment form
To be considered as a technical change of employment, the UK Border Agency need to be satisfied that the individual will continue to work under the same terms and conditions and continue to meet the work permit criteria. Any significant changes to location, salary, level of job or working hours are not considered as technical changes and will be regarded as a change of employment. Significant changes to the job, location or terms and conditions will require a new application under the points-based system.

My salary has increased by £2391/annum, do you think it is a significant change? Again it is temporary change and my duties are more or less same but my job title has changed. Do you think my employer has to apply for a new application? Please share your expert advise.
Thanks
Samuel