ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to tier 1 extension processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vkrg123
Newly Registered

HSMP to tier 1 extension processing times

Post by vkrg123 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:39 pm

Tier 1 extension application timelines with 1 dependent:

HSMP validity: Dec 13 2009
Points claimed : 115 (95 + 20)
Application sent : September 29 5:30 PM (by next day delivery)
Payment deducted : October 1st 2009
Acknowledgement letter : Received after 2 days
Extension Approval letter and Passports received on: Oct 20 2009
Got my extension approved along with my dependent and received the documents from Home office on : Oct 21 2009
Visa extended until: Dec 13 2012 (3 Years)

Guys sorry for the delayed response......this forum was really help ful
Last edited by vkrg123 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

wasa
Newly Registered

Processing time tier 1 extension

Post by wasa » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Hi vkrg123,

Did you receive the decision as I also posted my application on 8th Oct, 2009 and waiting now?

Many thanks,
Wasa

hsmpinfo79
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpinfo79 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:06 pm

Posted on 28th Sept
Payment deducted on 29th Sept.

Decision awaiting

fortresskay
Newly Registered

Extension delay

Post by fortresskay » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:55 pm

Did anyone apply first week for HSMP renewal got approval yet?

I applied on 5th. Got confirmation on 7th but not yet received my passport back. Really worried why its taking this long. My current HSMP expired on 7th Nov and my employer is already asking for my visa, what do i do?

wasa
Newly Registered

Re: Extension delay

Post by wasa » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:00 pm

fortresskay wrote:Did anyone apply first week for HSMP renewal got approval yet?

I applied on 5th. Got confirmation on 7th but not yet received my passport back. Really worried why its taking this long. My current HSMP expired on 7th Nov and my employer is already asking for my visa, what do i do?
Hi,

Look for approvals;
www.spammer.com/uk-immigration- ... -extension

Did you get letter from HO with reference number, so that is valid until your passport back, and it is also legal to work as well, just show that letter to your employer. There are more people waiting similar your app, so don't worry, and your visa will come soon.
Good luck!
Wasa

fortresskay
Newly Registered

Post by fortresskay » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:34 pm

Thanks Wasa. I think I'm just worried that people who applied mid-October have already got their visa. Yes I explained to my employer but they said the letter only said I have submitted an application, didnt say i can work. I hope the visa comes this weekend.

Thanks.
wasa wrote:
fortresskay wrote:Did anyone apply first week for HSMP renewal got approval yet?

Hi,

Look for approvals;

Did you get letter from HO with reference number, so that is valid until your passport back, and it is also legal to work as well, just show that letter to your employer. There are more people waiting similar your app, so don't worry, and your visa will come soon.
Good luck!
Wasa

wasa
Newly Registered

Post by wasa » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:44 am

fortresskay wrote:Thanks Wasa. I think I'm just worried that people who applied mid-October have already got their visa. Yes I explained to my employer but they said the letter only said I have submitted an application, didnt say i can work. I hope the visa comes this weekend.

Thanks.
wasa wrote:

Hi,

Look for approvals;

Good luck!
Wasa
I am sure that sentence somewhere in HO guidance telling can work and legal until extension comes, try to find that in their guidance or web site and give them to your employer until visa comes to you and also believe that if you submitted according to guidance and then don't worry and they will come soon. Don’t take that delay is an issue to worry.
Regards,
Wasa