ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Blind Visa Officer: Tier 4 Refusal

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

high_aimer

Blind Visa Officer: Tier 4 Refusal

Post by high_aimer » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:13 pm

Hello friends,

I recently applied for Tier 4 Student visa but they rejected it by saying I had not attached the Visa Letter from my University with the application.

I DID attach it and it DID come back from embassy with the rest of documents. Its clear that they just didn't look at it.

Any idea what should I do now? If I go for the Administrative Review, how do I prove that the visa letter WAS attached to the application?

Any insight please?

Thanks.

If any body knows the Address/email/fax of Administrative Review team in Abu Dhabi embassy, please share it with me as they didn't even bother to write their address on the form.

NickZA
Newly Registered

Post by NickZA » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:52 pm

I'm sorry I can't help with the Abu Dhabi review team's details, but I would like to tell you this happened to my wife recently in Oman. The uni has her on a full PhD studentship, paying for everything and STILL they failed to notice that on the letter.

Actually what happened was that when my wife went into the embassy to collect, and she saw they'd rejected it on false grounds, she mentioned it to the lady at reception who apparently forwarded the info on to the EC Officer who'd made the mistake.

It turned out okay eventually -- the Entry Clearance Officer who dealt with the case got in touch with her by telephone because if they make mistakes and it comes up in Administrative Review, they will be in big shit with their supervisor, she admitted as much to my wife.

Still missed the start of her course and all, it took them 3-4 weeks to sort this mess out. It's also pushed my visa application out. What a mess.

0ak
Newly Registered

Post by 0ak » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:35 am

Hi friend,
some blinds are sitting there. I am also suffering because of them. Go for review , you do not need to give any proof except that form they given it to you. Write there that eco failed to realise that the visa letter is there in documents. You will get a visa for sure. Good luck

high_aimer

Post by high_aimer » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:39 pm

Thanks for your encouraging replies guys.

I managed to get their email address and have now send them the Admin Review request by attaching a copy of the visa letter.

I am hoping for the best.

0ak
Newly Registered

Post by 0ak » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:36 pm

Do not worry dear..you will get visa. If i also get it..then will meet in u.k...hahahaha enjoy...

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:33 pm

Hopefully you will get a positive response. The date stamp on your visa letter is a proof that you would have included it with your application. Moreover they can verify it from your university.

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Hopefully you will get a positive response. The date stamp on your visa letter is a proof that you would have included it with your application. Moreover they can verify it from your university.

Kashif Gulzar
Newly Registered

Post by Kashif Gulzar » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:47 pm

I also got refusal notice for tier 4 visa. and i applied to

Appeals.AbuDhabi@fco.gov.uk
visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk

My experience i a bitter one. i applied on 5 th of october and to date i hav'nt heard of them and i am still waiting.and i am planning to file ane application in comng ten days at last.
For you i refer to make a mind for a new application if they hav;nt spoke to you in an ample time. because embassy tends to delay but you cant,

Rgds