ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AICTE Equivalancy Required: Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

npanglia

AICTE Equivalancy Required: Help

Post by npanglia » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi
I need to apply to AICTE to grant me equivalance certificate to submit to NARIC.
Does somebody know the procedure? Can I apply individually? How much time will it take?

npanglia

Re: AICTE Equivalancy Required: Help

Post by npanglia » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:41 pm

My institute has got AICTE approval in June 2006. Can AICTE give me equivalency letter for the diploma received in April 2006 from the same institute? or
It doesnt provide equivalency when they were not under AICTE at that time?

Any clue!!

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:17 pm

Please mention AIU (Association of Indian Universities) as well since NARIC has asked me to get equivalency letter from either AICTE or AIU.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:29 pm

npanglia wrote:Please mention AIU (Association of Indian Universities) as well since NARIC has asked me to get equivalency letter from either AICTE or AIU.
Is that a question or an answer? Can you post what exactly NARIC has advised you to do?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:48 pm

push wrote:quote]Is that a question or an answer? Can you post what exactly NARIC has advised you to do?
I got PGDBM and to equate it to Master's degree, NARIC has asked me to submit a letter either from AICTE or AIU for its equivalancy to MBA.
I have done 2 yr full time from symbiosis, Pune in 2006, while my institute & program got AICTE approval in 2006. Wanted to the procedure on how i can get this letter from AICTE or AIU?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:57 pm

npanglia wrote:
push wrote:quote]Is that a question or an answer? Can you post what exactly NARIC has advised you to do?
I got PGDBM and to equate it to Master's degree, NARIC has asked me to submit a letter either from AICTE or AIU for its equivalancy to MBA.
I have done 2 yr full time from symbiosis, Pune in 2006, while my institute & program got AICTE approval in 2006. Wanted to the procedure on how i can get this letter from AICTE or AIU?
I remember visiting AICTE website a few weeks ago and I think it says that they wouldn't provide any equivalency letter to candidates directly. On the website itself they have provided a link to a newly constituted body which does so. Give it a try.
regards,
push

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:54 am

push wrote:
I remember visiting AICTE website a few weeks ago and I think it says that they wouldn't provide any equivalency letter to candidates directly. On the website itself they have provided a link to a newly constituted body which does so. Give it a try.[/quote]

I am not able to locate which body are you refering to. Is it possible to share the details or link if possible.

Also wanted to check
1. whether AICTE equivalency is starts only from the period when institute got its approval.
2. Does AIU can help in this regard or it only consider foreign qualfications for assessment.?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:43 am

npanglia wrote:
push wrote:
I remember visiting AICTE website a few weeks ago and I think it says that they wouldn't provide any equivalency letter to candidates directly. On the website itself they have provided a link to a newly constituted body which does so. Give it a try.
I am not able to locate which body are you refering to. Is it possible to share the details or link if possible.

Also wanted to check
1. whether AICTE equivalency is starts only from the period when institute got its approval.
2. Does AIU can help in this regard or it only consider foreign qualfications for assessment.?[/quote] See the following:
POLICY FOR GRANT OF EQUIVALENCE OF DIPLOMA / DEGREE / POST GRADUATE
PROGRAMMES IN TECHNICAL EDUCATION
PUBLIC NOTICE
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has been receiving number of applications/
requests / proposals seeking equivalence of the Diploma / Degree/ Post Graduate
qualifications, in the field of Technical Education, obtained through Regular or Distance
Education Mode, awarded by Indian / Foreign Universities.
The All India Council for Technical Education is pleased to announce the following guidelines,
in respect of grant of equivalence for any Diploma / Degree / Post Graduate Progarmmes.
· The AICTE shall consider applications for grant of equivalence received from /for the AICTE approved institutions / programmes only.

· AICTE shall not entertain applications / requests, for grant of equivalence, received from the Individuals. The applicants are advised to approach the concerned institution from where he or she has obtained the Diploma / Degree to apply for the equivalence.
The body that I am talking about is this- I have not checked what its function is so go through the website and find out. However you should focus more on the highlighted section (in red) above
regards,
push

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:13 pm

push wrote:The applicants are advised to approach the concerned institution from where he or she has obtained the Diploma / Degree to apply for the equivalence[/b].
The body that I am talking about is this- I have not checked what its function is so go through the website and find out. However you should focus more on the highlighted section (in red) above[/quote]

Is it confirmed that individual applications wont be entertained. I just wanted to speeden up the process however it might take few months to get this done.

Does anyone have any experience with AICTE or AIU?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:15 pm

npanglia wrote:
push wrote:The applicants are advised to approach the concerned institution from where he or she has obtained the Diploma / Degree to apply for the equivalence[/b].
The body that I am talking about is this- I have not checked what its function is so go through the website and find out. However you should focus more on the highlighted section (in red) above

Is it confirmed that individual applications wont be entertained. I just wanted to speeden up the process however it might take few months to get this done.

Does anyone have any experience with AICTE or AIU?
The AICTE website clearly says so. In any case I believe its easier to get document's from one's own institution/university than from a regulatory agency.
Last edited by push on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:44 am

push wrote:The AICTE website clearly says so. In any case I believe its easier to get document's from one's own institution/university than from a regulatory agency.
NARIC has strictly mentioned that they will accept letter from AICTE or AIU only.
I approach both the agencies on my own.

AIU - They said they cannot provide the letter to individuals. The college has to apply, they will charge some 1 Lac Rs., they commitee will evaluate by visiting campus. Timelines - 12 Months to 18 Months tentatively - So this option is out of question at the moment
AICTE - Reached there, they accepted individual application as well. I dont know if the purpose was to mint money only (Rs 5000 per application). I have submitted the application. Another catch here - They have yet to form evaluation body, most likely in dec and so they said enquire after 2 months. They still din't confirm that if I will get letter in 2 months. and considering the lethargic approach of govt, I am not sure when will I get this letter - Counting on this option only

I believe now I am in a situation where it is a dead end. Again our govt. incompetencies is effecting many individuals like me.

Any suggestion which door/ way should i knock now?

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:08 pm

sorry to hear this...try to contact NARIC and explain

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:25 am

npanglia wrote:
push wrote:The AICTE website clearly says so. In any case I believe its easier to get document's from one's own institution/university than from a regulatory agency.
NARIC has strictly mentioned that they will accept letter from AICTE or AIU only.
I approach both the agencies on my own.

AIU - They said they cannot provide the letter to individuals. The college has to apply, they will charge some 1 Lac Rs., they commitee will evaluate by visiting campus. Timelines - 12 Months to 18 Months tentatively - So this option is out of question at the moment
AICTE - Reached there, they accepted individual application as well. I dont know if the purpose was to mint money only (Rs 5000 per application). I have submitted the application. Another catch here - They have yet to form evaluation body, most likely in dec and so they said enquire after 2 months. They still din't confirm that if I will get letter in 2 months. and considering the lethargic approach of govt, I am not sure when will I get this letter - Counting on this option only

I believe now I am in a situation where it is a dead end. Again our govt. incompetencies is effecting many individuals like me.

Any suggestion which door/ way should i knock now?
Unfortunately thats as much as you can do. Try speaking to AICTE again (visit their regional office which is responsible for that particular zone). They must have some solution in the interim. Which institution did you get your degree from?
regards,
push

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:08 am

push wrote:Unfortunately thats as much as you can do. Try speaking to AICTE again (visit their regional office which is responsible for that particular zone). They must have some solution in the interim. Which institution did you get your degree from?
I did my master's from Symbiosis institute of International Business. That was 2 year-full time.

I visited their main office in Delhi. All they said is - WAIT. My biggest concern also is that so far I have spent 2.5 yrs tenure for ILR and post may - 2010 if I dont reach back to UK, mine 450 days outside UK will extend.

These delays will straight away put me 3 yrs back.

No where to go!! :(

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:21 pm

npanglia wrote:My biggest concern also is that so far I have spent 2.5 yrs tenure for ILR and post may - 2010 if I dont reach back to UK, mine 450 days outside UK will extend
(1) What is your current VISA status? Pls provide dates etc.
(2) I would still advise you to speak to their regional office
regards,
push

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:14 am

push wrote:(1) What is your current VISA status? Pls provide dates etc.
I was on work permit which has expired in October this year. I have stayed in UK for almost 1.5 years starting Nov 2007. Then I came back to India. Now I am in the process of applying for Tier 1 Visa. and this letter is a dependancy.

I spoke to regional office as well, but as a normal govt. office response they said I have to wait since there is evaluation body yet to be formed.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:51 pm

npanglia wrote:
push wrote:(1) What is your current VISA status? Pls provide dates etc.
I was on work permit which has expired in October this year. I have stayed in UK for almost 1.5 years starting Nov 2007. Then I came back to India. Now I am in the process of applying for Tier 1 Visa. and this letter is a dependancy.

I spoke to regional office as well, but as a normal govt. office response they said I have to wait since there is evaluation body yet to be formed.
Haven't you already broken the continuity of stay then?
regards,
push

skano
Newly Registered

use RTI

Post by skano » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:00 am

I will strongly suggest you to use RTI (Right to Information) Act with AICTE to get the desired information.