ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help On Student Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Damith
Newly Registered

Help On Student Visa

Post by Damith » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:54 am

Hi,
I'm planning to apply for a student visa. The course is lasting for 1 year. my father will be sponsering me for this. he got this money by seling our family owned vehicle. but by the time of my appying to visa his bank account will be just 3 months old.
I saw in the website http://www.educationuk.lk/visa.htm that the money should be in the account for 6 months atleast.
should I have to provide proof that my fater got money by selling the vehicle. e.g : letter from the buyer and etc..

plese help me.

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: Help On Student Visa

Post by Chess » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:28 am

Damith wrote:Hi,
I'm planning to apply for a student visa. The course is lasting for 1 year. my father will be sponsering me for this. he got this money by seling our family owned vehicle. but by the time of my appying to visa his bank account will be just 3 months old.
I saw in the website http://www.educationuk.lk/visa.htm that the money should be in the account for 6 months atleast.
should I have to provide proof that my fater got money by selling the vehicle. e.g : letter from the buyer and etc..

plese help me.
So long as Dad's account has had money coming in and going out regularly then there shouldnt be a problem..

...the money 'shown' should be sufficient to cater for your tuition fees and accomodation fees..

..sometimes, if you pay the 1st semester fees to the University prior to applying for a Visa - they will give you a nice letter confirming that you have paid fees - then you can use that letter to apply for the Visa

Good luck
Where there is a will there is a way.

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:49 am

If you are from nigeria, you may find a bit a difficult proving that your education is worth enough for your father to sell off his vehicle to support it... so please look for a strong arguement.
Chess even if he pays more than half the school fees that dont mean a thing in lagos. my colleague paid 5000 pounds more than half part payment fees for the school and still was refused cos of one flimsy reason that he dint have access to the funds he says he has.
The guy earns about 20,000 gbp p.a and he will be on 1yr study leave
I really dint just get the ECOs arguement.

Maybe at other missions ..the story is different

yodi
My bow has been renewed

Damith
Newly Registered

Post by Damith » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:59 am

my cource fee for the 1 year is 6750 pounds. I'll pay 5000 pounds prior to having the visa interview so the uni will give me a letter confirming that.
and in my fathers bank account he have 7000 pounds that he got by selling the vehicle. will these be enough? I'm from SriLanka.
my major concern is my fathers' account is not that old enough. just 3 months old by the time I apply for the visa.( end of December hopefully)
any comments on this please..

Damith
Newly Registered

Post by Damith » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:12 am

Hi again,
My visa interview is sheduled on 9th Monday on this January. I paid 5000 GBP to the uni and got a letter confirmaing that. this is more than half of my cource fee(cource fee is 6750).
My father got nearly 8000 GBP in his account for 3 months and he will be sponsering me for the studies. he got 5000 GBP by selling our family owned vehicle.
now my problem is altogether we have paid 5000 + in the bank we have 8000 GBP . but we can show evidence of sources only for 5000 GBP that we got by selling the vehicle.
So will this be a problem. Please do advise me on this. I'm so nervous.

loko
Newly Registered

Post by loko » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:54 pm

Damith,pls update us with the outcome

loko
Newly Registered

Post by loko » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:34 pm

where is my original topic pls

Damith
Newly Registered

Post by Damith » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:43 am

hi guys,
problem again. in my country there is something call a visa application center and usually applicants submit all the relevent documents there. so did I. I submitted all the documents listed below. usually they will issue visa without any interview.

1).university offer letter
2).cource fee payment confirmation letter ( I paid 5000 out of 6550GBP)
3).Uni. Accomadation application form
4).sponser letter (my father is sponsering me. he got 1.5 milion in his Acc)
5).reference letter from my fathers empoyer confirming his designation
6).letter from the bank confirming my father's Acc Balance
7).father's Saving Book
8).source of funds (that my fther sold our family vehicle and I put that documents too)
9).letter from my employer stating that they will accept me after studies

after all they have asked me for a interview. I'm so worried. we sold the vehicle for 1 million. and other money we have are family savings and I don't have any documented proof for that.
plz tell me what should I tell in the interview. how should I face this.

Sunnyboy
Newly Registered

Post by Sunnyboy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:10 pm

Dear

No need to have fear to face any interview that will even hamper your chances to address all your plus points.

We all aware that documentary evidence is always carries more weight but in your case you had the documents about your father's gainful employment even designation . And it is natural for a family and like your father trying to generate more money to have your education completed . Besides you have a prospect from that education so in this situation so many funds and money come from close sources and you do not get documents for the same.

You should at least show that your father and family do have standing and goodwill which can procure this much amount. Sometimes in the countries whose economies are not developed do have so many cash transactions and formal documents are not made. So I think you have documents for some of the moneys and try to establish your financial standing by your family background and at the same time your acdemic background will shed light as well that you are a student trying to strengthen your career plan by overseas accredited education

Damith
Newly Registered

Post by Damith » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:09 pm

hi guys,
finaly i got that wiered visa. I'm so happy. I had to work out a lot. but thanks for all your contributions. it worked out. the interview was very straight forward. only couple questions and short answers. well. i'll keep in touch with the board and let you know how the things happening here.