ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tango_orange
Newly Registered

Post by tango_orange » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:53 am

bechir wrote:i am going to give it ago tommorrow at post office hopefully i get at least my native passport back by 25th. i will keep track of it here so we have a close timing these days if there busy or not .
sidster007 wrote:Oh I didn't know that ...even then all you need for travel is your passport from country of origin and based on browsing through this and other forums I think you'll get back your passport by the 25th if you apply ASAP. They usually return documents within 7-10 working days if you use Post Office check and send.
Hi bachir
I had a similar plan means going back home country after applying for citizenship I did ask a solicitor and she said there should not be any problem in that, if you come back on ILR.I could not go so don’t have experience. However I would’t take it as certain answer and will check with Home Office first, I would suggest you to drop them an email so you have something in writing when you come back.

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:48 am

Hi bechir,

I think sid is right, if you will apply ASAP today, you will have 90% chances to get your passport before 25th Nov, when you will apply in post office by check and send service, make sure that you must include a special delivery envelope for your documents return, you will get a tracking no. for this special delivery, keep tracking that number on internet will give you on idea that which day you are receiving your documents, most of time they sent interview letter with your documents.

And i don,t think so there will be any problem if you will use your ILR to re-enter to uk, end of the day you are a british citizen so they can,t decline your entry. best of luck mate.
bechir wrote: some thing just came to my head can i still use my ilr to enter the uk one more time i mean when i back on 9 dec. :?:

Good luck
[/quote]

racingfire

Re: waiting time

Post by racingfire » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:56 am

Hi tonyz,

Congrats..... mate, you must have a good sleep last night, such a releif. I would must say that you have too much patience. would you please share your experience that how many times you called HO about your application in last 4 months and what was there answer?

I am still waiting for my response from last 2 months, hope so i will get my good news soon.
tonyz wrote:All,
Here's my update

NCS or Postal: NCS
If NCS, which: Southwork
Date of submission of application:30th June, 2009
Date application received by H/O: July 1, 2009
CRITERIA: 4 Years HSMP + 1 year ILR JR( Single)
Date of Debit card: July 13, 2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: didn't recieve any
Date of receipt of Approval: November 2 2009(dated October 24, 2009)
Date of citizenship ceremony: November 10th 2009
Date of Passport application: Pending
Date of return of application documents: Pending
Date of Passport interview: Pending
Date of receipt of passport: Pending

thanks very much for the support

mularda
Newly Registered

time line for my application

Post by mularda » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:28 am

NCS or Postal : NCS
Date of submission or posting : 03/11/09
Date received @HO: 04/11/09
CRITERIA - 5 Year stay Including 1 year ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : Used Transcash paid on 30/10/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : pending
Date of receipt of approval : Pending
Date of Ceremony : Pending
Date of appln. for passport :
Method used :
Date of Receipt :

Hopefully i will get a quick response as i have seen that some on this forum do get receive an approval letter after 3 weeks of submitting their application
And congrats to all of u on this forum that have received a good positive answer.

incognito
Newly Registered

Post by incognito » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:52 pm

Its funny how other councils hold ceremonies monthly. My council does it every thursday. I got mine booked for tomorrow(thursday).

bechir

Post by bechir » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:10 pm

further update

NCS or Postal: NCS, preston
Date of submission or posting: 16/09/09
Date of arrival at HO: 17/09/09
CRITERIA: 2yr + 1 ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 22/09/09
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 26/09/09 (Dtd. 22/09/09)
Date of receipt of approval: 29/10/09 (Dtd 20/10/09)
Date of Ceremony: 02/11/09
Date of appln. for passport : 04/11/2009
Method used : P.O Check and Send
Date Documents Recd.: Waiting
Interview Date: Waiting
Passport Received Date: Waiting

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi Bechir,

Can you please confirm the date given on your citizenship certificate. Is it the 2nd of November, which was the date of your ceremony.

I ask this because I am due to have a private ceremony on Monday (9th) and want to send off the passport application the same day, Unfortunately the counter signee for my passport application is going on holiday on Saturday for 10 days and I don't want to wait for him to come back before applying for my passport.

Thanks

Sidster

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:19 pm

An update folks

If NCS, which: Westminster, London
Date of submission of application: October 8, 2009
Date application received by H/O: October 9, 2009
CRITERIA: 6 yr stay (5 yr work permit and HSMP + 1 yr ILR )
Date of Payment : October 14, 2009 (although my credit card account wasn't debited until October 17th)
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: October 17, 2009 (letter dated 14th October)
Date of Approval: 27th October (Still haven't received the approval letter by post. HO said that they sent it on Friday, 30th October so I should hopefully get it soon)
Date of citizenship ceremony: 9th November (Council agreed to private ceremony even though I still haven't received the approval letter)

bechir

Post by bechir » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:42 pm

hi sid the lady in the coucil will dated the day of the ceromony after the oath.
so dated the 9th.

and just to add if you still haven't received the approval letter by the 9th just make sure you take id with you.

sidster007 wrote:Hi Bechir,

Can you please confirm the date given on your citizenship certificate. Is it the 2nd of November, which was the date of your ceremony.

I ask this because I am due to have a private ceremony on Monday (9th) and want to send off the passport application the same day, Unfortunately the counter signee for my passport application is going on holiday on Saturday for 10 days and I don't want to wait for him to come back before applying for my passport.

Thanks

Sidster

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:18 pm

Thanks for the tips Bechir...the lady from the council did mention that I should bring some ID- current passport /driving license. She also said that the ceremony can go ahead on Monday without the approval letter from the HO but that she cannot give me the certificate until I produce the approval letter from the HO. So basically I can have the ceremony and then come back for the certificate once I have the HO approval letter.

tango_orange
Newly Registered

Post by tango_orange » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:21 pm

sidster007 wrote:Thanks for the tips Bechir...the lady from the council did mention that I should bring some ID- current passport /driving license. She also said that the ceremony can go ahead on Monday without the approval letter from the HO but that she cannot give me the certificate until I produce the approval letter from the HO. So basically I can have the ceremony and then come back for the certificate once I have the HO approval letter.
Where i can find phone number if i want to speak to my council for private ceremony.

My letter has not arrived yet but probably i can also try without it.

bechir

Post by bechir » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:49 pm

sid even in that cenario will still be dated 9th and you can ask her to ask home office to fax the invitation to her as she did exactly this with me but the letter came the day i booked ceromony so i took it with me any way. the process as follow :
she give the oath card to read from and she will ask u to repeat behind her the words after this she played the national anthem in a cd player and said congrulation you are british citizen hand it me a file with the certificat and a little nice badge we took some pictures and i gone back home it all in all was nice experience.
sidster007 wrote:Thanks for the tips Bechir...the lady from the council did mention that I should bring some ID- current passport /driving license. She also said that the ceremony can go ahead on Monday without the approval letter from the HO but that she cannot give me the certificate until I produce the approval letter from the HO. So basically I can have the ceremony and then come back for the certificate once I have the HO approval letter.

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks for the details Bechir...good news though...while I was away at work the original invitation letter came through the post (2nd class Royal Mail). Wonder why the HO told me secure mail...anyways its here and now I am waiting for Monday :-)

taliska

Post by taliska » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:41 pm

congrats sidster007. It's official now. that's good.

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:44 pm

Hi Tango Orange you should be able to get the registrar's office number for your local council online. Call them and ask to be transferred to the nationality checking service. Hope this helps.

taliska

Post by taliska » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:56 pm

bechir i don't think that travel should be any problem, the only thing is that you may have to pass through the non EU non British passport cue as you would be travelling on your original passport. I would suggest you take your citizenship certificate and other id such as driving licence with you if any questions. They won't stop you entering the country as you are A BRITISH CITIZEN. :D
bechir wrote:sid i paid £115 for private ceremony so i think no standard charge, each council has own charges i been to post office today and lady said too short for me to apply and have passport before 25 nov so i decided to leave it till 10 december and will be applaying for passport plus iam going to my native country so i will not need british passport for now the good thing my origin country allow dual nationality.

some thing just came to my head can i still use my ilr to enter the uk one more time i mean when i back on 9 dec. :?:
sidster007 wrote:Hi Tango Orange,

I'm afraid only your local council or if you requested a different one at the time of making your application can do the ceremony and present you with your certificate. If you to take it somewhere else as far as I know you have to ask the HO to transfer the certificate there. From my local council I understand that process takes time too (spoke to them about this today). Not sure about all other councils but most should do private ceremonies as its extra money for them (its a £90 charge for holding a private ceremony).

Good luck

tonyz
Newly Registered

waiting time

Post by tonyz » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:23 pm

Hi Sid,

Thanks very much for the message and support,

if you country allows dual nationality in that case your ILR will remain valid.

regards
sidster007 wrote:TonyZ congratulations mate !! really really pleased for you...can't imagine what you must have been through over the last 4 months...bet you will sleep well tonight.
Racing fire- I hope Tonyz's case illustrates that you should continue to be positive. Hope you get good news soon.

Bechir- to my knowledge your ILR becomes invalid the day you become a British citizen. Border control guards may throw a fuss but I think they should allow you through if you explain the situation to them. I wouldn't take the risk but that's just me.

I still think there is enough time to get your passport if you apply in person at the passport office. Give it a go...you have nothing to lose..

tonyz
Newly Registered

Re: waiting time

Post by tonyz » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:33 pm

hi racingfire

Thanks for the message and support.

I called HO about 10 times, i didn't recieve even acknowledgement from HO.

most of the times the same answer
'' waiting time is six months so call us after six months''

however , calling on friday much better.

and one more thing

be patients and +

i m sure u will hear very soon good news

regards

Congrats..... mate, you must have a good sleep last night, such a releif. I would must say that you have too much patience. would you please share your experience that how many times you called HO about your application in last 4 months and what was there answer?

I am still waiting for my response from last 2 months, hope so i will get my good news soon.
tonyz wrote:All,
Here's my update

If NCS, which: Southwork
Date of submission of application:30th June, 2009
Date application received by H/O: July 1, 2009
CRITERIA: 4 Years HSMP + 1 year ILR JR( Single)
Date of Debit card: July 13, 2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: didn't recieve any
Date of receipt of Approval: November 2 2009(dated October 24, 2009)
Date of citizenship ceremony: November 10th 2009

thanks very much for the support
[/quote]

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:46 pm

Hi Sid,

Congrats mate such a good news, so now u don,t need to worry for anything, Now u will enjoy your ceremony, because ceremony without certificate was not so good . Best of luck, you are nearly there, monday is not far anyway :)

Tonyz thanks for your support mate, hope so i will get some good news next week.
sidster007 wrote:Thanks for the details Bechir...good news though...while I was away at work the original invitation letter came through the post (2nd class Royal Mail). Wonder why the HO told me secure mail...anyways its here and now I am waiting for Monday :-)

bechir

Post by bechir » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:51 pm

racingfire have you tried calling them this week ? i wish you all the luck,
sid that good news congrats!!
thanks all for info regarding the ilr sticker availability i already submit for british passport today finger crossed i get either one back soon.

racingfire wrote:Hi Sid,

Congrats mate such a good news, so now u don,t need to worry for anything, Now u will enjoy your ceremony, because ceremony without certificate was not so good . Best of luck, you are nearly there, monday is not far anyway :)

Tonyz thanks for your support mate, hope so i will get some good news next week.
sidster007 wrote:Thanks for the details Bechir...good news though...while I was away at work the original invitation letter came through the post (2nd class Royal Mail). Wonder why the HO told me secure mail...anyways its here and now I am waiting for Monday :-)

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:18 am

Thanks bechir, No i did not call HO yet, might be i will give them call on this friday, as i heard thats the best time to call them.

Best of luck for your passport.
bechir wrote:racingfire have you tried calling them this week ? i wish you all the luck,

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:01 pm

Please is it true that one can return back into the country as a British Citizen only by showing the Certificate of Naturalisation at the port of entry (e.g Heathrow) - in case on has not applied for a Passport?

Thanks.

jas

Post by jas » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:56 pm

Hello guys, finally I made it to British Citizenship today.. I contacted Register office this morning and they did a private ceremony there itself.. didn't expected that quick but a very sweet experience..

A very big thanks to you all in this forum for your support..

Date of submission or posting: 30/09/2009
CRITERIA: 5 yr WP + ILR
Date of receipt of Application @ HO: 1/10/2009
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 5/10/2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 8/10/2009 (dated 5/10/2009)
Date of receipt of approval: 2/11/2009 (dated 27/10/2009)
Date of Ceremony: 05/11/2009 (private)
Date of appln. for passport:Pending
Interview for Passport :Pending
Passport received: Pending

zkashan
Newly Registered

Post by zkashan » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:39 pm

I believe that is true, but it is unlikeley you would be allowed to board from your departure port.
troyguy21 wrote:Please is it true that one can return back into the country as a British Citizen only by showing the Certificate of Naturalisation at the port of entry (e.g Heathrow) - in case on has not applied for a Passport?

Thanks.

tango_orange
Newly Registered

Post by tango_orange » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:18 pm

Finallyyyyyyyyyyyyy i got my approval letter today... :D
here is my time line
Date of submission or posting: 30th Sep 2009
CRITERIA - HSMP JR (5 yrs) -
Date payment taken: 5th Sept 2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 10th Sept2009
Date of receipt of approval and invitation: 5th Nov (Dated 29th October)..
Date of Ceremony: Pending