ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Certificate and UK Passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jas

Naturalisation Certificate and UK Passport

Post by jas » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:23 pm

Hello,

I received my Naturalisation Certificate today and am applying for my UK passport but have couple of questions in regard to application - may be stupid question but any advise would be great.

1) Place of Issue of certificate - will this be the local council who did the ceremony or Home Office London as mentioned on certificate?

2) Is the name enclosed in asterisk on naturalisation certificate considered as the surname/family name? The reason I ask is because I do not have a surname and one of my firstname is enclosed in asterisk.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

MUGHAL
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalisation Certificate and UK Passport

Post by MUGHAL » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:44 am

hi there,
my daughter was also with one word name so i sent her Naturalisation application with extra
addition as surname+ father's surname and they issued me her Naturalisataion certificate with her Surname plus my surname as under
My name was = sagheeeeer Ahmad
name on her Passport = (Mahnur) only
i sent for Naturalissation (Mahnur) as her surname plus my own surname as her first name as under
(Mahnur surname+Ahmad
they sent me Naturalsation certficate as
Ahmad *Mahnur*
it's mean her surname is Mahnur and first name is Ahmad
i think it will help you to some extent if you need more query call me on 07910373303
MUGHAL
==============================
jas wrote:Hello,

I received my Naturalisation Certificate today and am applying for my UK passport but have couple of questions in regard to application - may be stupid question but any advise would be great.

1) Place of Issue of certificate - will this be the local council who did the ceremony or Home Office London as mentioned on certificate?

2) Is the name enclosed in asterisk on naturalisation certificate considered as the surname/family name? The reason I ask is because I do not have a surname and one of my firstname is enclosed in asterisk.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.