ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

wat happens next...advice or share please...

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sunnychoco
Newly Registered

wat happens next...advice or share please...

Post by sunnychoco » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi.
i applied for igs-
to psw and got my visa rejected.I went for appeal and lost it.I applied for reconsideration and also put in out of time application.I recieved acknowledgement for my application and £ 500 pounds taken from my account.Since than i dnt have any news from Home Office.Its been like 3 weeks now.Has anyone got similar experience.How long it takes for out of time appilcation.

bvc07znu
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by bvc07znu » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:19 pm

I am in the same situation, however my visa has since expired. How do you know if you qualify for out of time application as I have a few weeks to apply under the PSW scheme.

My reconsideration is on Monday too. Please can I get information of what it entails.

Thanks

sunnychoco
Newly Registered

Re: wat happens next...advice or share please...

Post by sunnychoco » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:42 am

have you already made a out of time application or want to know how to make an application...

mistiq
Newly Registered

Post by mistiq » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:24 pm

I was refused IGS to PSW due to maintenance fund too. My appeal process is ongoing. Lawyers have told me that IGS applicants can not re-submit a new application if their visa has expired. But other categories can ...

bvc07znu
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by bvc07znu » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:23 am

I want to make an out of time application now cos i dont thinki will win the case. I hear conflicting information when i called the HO office. I was told i need to withdraw my appeal first but on the website, it s says you can make a fresh application while you have an appeal going.

Please advise, should make an out of time application now with my appeal still on

sunnychoco
Newly Registered

Re: Hi

Post by sunnychoco » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:14 am

bvc07znu wrote:I want to make an out of time application now cos i dont thinki will win the case. I hear conflicting information when i called the HO office. I was told i need to withdraw my appeal first but on the website, it s says you can make a fresh application while you have an appeal going.

Please advise, should make an out of time application now with my appeal still on
yes you can make out of time appeal if it is more than 3 months after your initial application.the HO has specific guidelines on this.I rang the HO and they adviced me similar.Wat they said is it depends on case to case wheather it will be accepted or returned.You may risk your 500 pounds if application is invalid for some reasons but if the application is not accepted for validation they will refund your money.Along with application write a cove letter to the case worker mentioning that you had appeal on so n so date and than it went for reconsideration on so n so date.The reconsideration is from HO and not you..so i think ur application will be valid.
Make sure your cover letter gives idea of ur appeal and in application please mention previous HO reference number.
I will advice you to apply as soon as your reconsideration is over so in letter you can mention it..
I think this should help you all the best with your process..Make sure documents u sent are recent and not old documents like your current bank statement.

bvc07znu
Newly Registered

Post by bvc07znu » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:47 pm

Where can i get the guidelines on the HO website

sunnychoco
Newly Registered

Post by sunnychoco » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:51 am

bvc07znu wrote:Where can i get the guidelines on the HO website
Call HO and clarify your situation..there is very short guideline on HO website regarding application.Out of time application is for senior case workers to decide.Thats wat i was told on phone..There is know available process on HO website.According to immigration law your current leave is considered extended untill your application and appeal is under process.
You are on reconsideration not under having any appeal to be heard.That is wat they ask you on application form.Your appeal is already heard long back.So you should take your chances..rest is your wish..bye..

mistiq
Newly Registered

Post by mistiq » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Hi Sunnychoco,

Please let us know what is happening with your out-of -time application for PSW from IGS? I am getting all sorts of conflicting suggestions too. I have my appeal hearing in few days. I have been told that IGS applicant with expired visas can not re-submit a fresh applciation. But it seems like you have. Hopefully you will get it. When do you think I should re-submit as I now qualify for all the rules. I have my appeal date in couple of days.

Thanks

sunnychoco
Newly Registered

Post by sunnychoco » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:49 am

mistiq wrote:Hi Sunnychoco,

Please let us know what is happening with your out-of -time application for PSW from IGS? I am getting all sorts of conflicting suggestions too. I have my appeal hearing in few days. I have been told that IGS applicant with expired visas can not re-submit a fresh applciation. But it seems like you have. Hopefully you will get it. When do you think I should re-submit as I now qualify for all the rules. I have my appeal date in couple of days.

Thanks
Who said dat IGS do not qualify for out of applications..all visa categories qualify for it in case of unusual long delay that..secondly i just rang HO they said out of time applications 75% of dem get completed in 4 weeks..mine is wid dem since 4 weeks lem me get result n will let u know..Only thing is out time applications can not be made in person..in any category..please remember dis..I recently got sponsorship from my employer and my job is in shortage of occupation list..i will probably have to apply for tier 2 soon and for dat will have to go back..Will let u knw outcome.

sunnychoco
Newly Registered

Post by sunnychoco » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:57 am

sunnychoco wrote:

Thanks
Who said dat IGS do not qualify for out of applications..all visa categories qualify for it in case of unusual long delay that..secondly i just rang HO they said out of time applications 75% of dem get completed in 4 weeks..mine is wid dem since 4 weeks lem me get result n will let u know..Only thing is out time applications can not be made in person..in any category..please remember dis..I recently got sponsorship from my employer and my job is in shortage of occupation list..i will probably have to apply for tier 2 soon and for dat will have to go back..Will let u knw outcome.
What HO said to me over phone is IGS cannot submit fresh application overseas which is in guidance as well..Ring dem everyday..eat dere brians..u will get different people and gud information from some of dem..Make excuse u got dis problem u got dat problem..so on and work your way around your problem..dats wat i did..

sunnychoco
Newly Registered

Post by sunnychoco » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:59 am

sunnychoco wrote:
sunnychoco wrote:

Thanks
What HO said to me over phone is IGS cannot submit fresh application overseas which is in guidance as well..Ring dem everyday..eat dere brians..u will get different people and gud information from some of dem..Make excuse u got dis problem u got dat problem..so on and work your way around your problem..dats wat i did..
Do let me know your details den only will i say something more about your case..as dnt wnt to give wrong advice..dnt worry just think u will work ur way round it...

mistiq
Newly Registered

Post by mistiq » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:23 pm

I was refused from IGS to PSW due to maintenance. On friday i went for appeal hearing, so within two weeks i will hear from them about the outcome. If i fail that, i want to re-submit the application again, but when asked from lawyers, they said that i can not re-submit if i have expired my IGS visa. Lawyers seems to give conflicting answer lol. Please let us know what happens to your case. I hope i am allowed my appeal. Good luck to you!