ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online bank statements.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

email257525
BANNED

bank statements

Post by email257525 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:50 pm

friends

I cud nt receive couple of my nationwide statements by post,
I hv decided to print of from online, but when i print bank statements online, word duplicate comes in background, a part from that the rest eve thng is same as u receive through post. If i print out those statements of the months i did nt receive through post and then take to bank and get it stamped and signed. Wil that work 4 tier 1 g.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: bank statements

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:57 pm

email257525 wrote:friends

I cud nt receive couple of my nationwide statements by post,
I hv decided to print of from online, but when i print bank statements online, word duplicate comes in background, a part from that the rest eve thng is same as u receive through post. If i print out those statements of the months i did nt receive through post and then take to bank and get it stamped and signed. Wil that work 4 tier 1 g.
Yes Printed bank statements with sign/stamp on each page is good to go..

but if any of these fall in the Mainteannce period.. then those statements should be provided with a supporting letter from the bank.. please read below..

On Page 35-36 of the HO GUIDANCE pdf

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf
Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:49 pm

Ramesh,

My case is similar my latest statement had maintenance funds, but i dint provide with letter from bank u never mentioned this before.

Please confirm.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:55 pm

Please ramesh dnt scare me now. Already m very scared. I never know tht we need to provide with a letter

Please confirm someone who submitted online statement and got the approval.

thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Duvvuri wrote:Please ramesh dnt scare me now. Already m very scared. I never know tht we need to provide with a letter

Please confirm someone who submitted online statement and got the approval.

thanks
Duvvuri:

I would wait for some others to confirm on this as you can read in the statement from the GUIDANCE
Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.
I think this goes for only those who have ONLINE Account.. and i think yours is not ONline account rather a regular account..

I think you are fine, sorry for confusion..

just wait for more seniors (Chetan, Push) to confirm on this

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:29 pm

OMG now m really scared, it was just the latest one which i kept print out one. Rest all 11 months i kept the original thts y i took the risk now m very worried.

Please senior members or who had similar situation and got extension please tell me. :cry:

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:42 pm

if i send the latest statement after getting ref no mentioning in covering letter tht it was delayed coz of postal strike instead of tht i submitted online statement with bank stamp will HO accept tht.

Do case worker accept documents after giving ref no.

Please someone reply.

email257525
BANNED

hi

Post by email257525 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:55 pm

@tvn ramesh
I thnk m mising 3 months, if i present printed stement wth signd and stamped. Then should i need threr letters 4 each month of statement and what shud b in letter.

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:54 am

As shown above.. (This is copy pasted from the HO Guidance Page 36 Paragraph 201)

If your's is Online Account and if you submit electronic bank statements then apart from the bank details it shd be accompanied with supporting letter from the bank to confirm the authenticity..

I think your account is NOT Online Account?

Edited:
I mean to say if the account is a regular bank account then in that case electronic bankstatements with all bank details are OK if they are stamped/signed on each page to submit..

Chetan:
Can you confirm or correct this? to give more confidence to the applicants here.. Thanks mate..
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:00 am

tvn_ramesh wrote:

As shown above.. (This is copy pasted from the HO Guidance Page 36 Paragraph 201)

If your's is Online Account and if you submit electronic bank statements then apart from the bank details it shd be accompanied with supporting letter from the bank to confirm the authenticity..

I think your account is NOT Online Account?

Chetan:
Can you confirm or correct this? to give more confidence to the applicants here.. Thanks mate..
Sorry didn't looked at this thread...
Account doesn't need to be online in order to submit the stamped statements. I submitted temp statement of my regular current account (with only bank stamp on it) with my application. If you receive statement from bank (on official stationary) it is considered as original. My interpretation of the guidance statement (stated above) is, here online means the statement which applicant prints on their printer (as you can do with Barclay Bank) normally on A4 paper(similar to online/electronics payslips) and then stamped it from bank (where you need letter from bank to prove authenticity of the statement). But for other temp statements which you can get for three months by walkin to the branch are considered as original(even though it is mention temp on it). The reason being, it is issued by bank itself on its official stationary.
I submitted these temp statements with my extension application in March. It was very well accepted. As far as I remember, stamped/temp statement even contain details like who provided that printed to the application from bank..(which can help HO/Bank to track back the originality of the statement).

Did this helped?
Last edited by ChetanOjha on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:10 am, edited 5 times in total.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:05 am

chetanojha wrote: Account doesn't need to be online in order to submit the stamped statements. I submitted temp statement of my regular current account (with only bank stamp on it) with my application. If you receive statement from bank (on official stationary) it is considered as original.
Yes Chetan:

I mean to say if the account is a regular bank account then in that case electronic bankstatements with all bank details are OK if they are stamped/signed on each page to submit..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:40 am

As ramesh mentioned in thread above, If you have submitted online(with bank stamp on it) for Earnings guidance states below(Page 25):
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).
If you have submitted Online statement for maintenance funds, guidance states below (Page 36):

Hence from the above statements from guidance notes, It can be inferred that if you are providing online statement prinouts(without stamp) you need to have a bank letter proving the authencity of that printout. Alternatively, you can provide statement with bank stamp on every page of the statement.

mah

Post by mah » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:47 pm

Dear Seniors,

I am scared a bit and confused.

Can you clear please if the bank statements issued by bank and printed on their letter head when you walk in the bank and they give them to you, are considered original ??

If so, as the guideline says they do not need to be stamped or signed.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:04 pm

mah wrote:Dear Seniors,

Can you clear please if the bank statements issued by bank and printed on their letter head when you walk in the bank and they give them to you, are considered original ??

they are temp statements hence required stamp on it. Infact those statement itself contact "temporary" written on them.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:46 pm

I bank with Natwest and there is nowhere written as temp statement anywhere. Online statements looks almost like original except it dnt have sort code and home address rest all looks very original.

Chetan in which bank online statement ll it b written as temp??

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:02 pm

Duvvuri wrote:I bank with Natwest and there is nowhere written as temp statement anywhere. Online statements looks almost like original except it dnt have sort code and home address rest all looks very original.
That's good for you if i looks close to originals and carry bank stamp.
Duvvuri wrote:Chetan in which bank online statement ll it b written as temp??
HSBC.

mah

Post by mah » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:08 pm

On HSBC ones it is written temporary but it has all the information but they did not stamo it so I sent without stamp. do you think they will reject my case?

mah

Post by mah » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:20 pm

chetanojha wrote:
mah wrote:Dear Seniors,

they are temp statements hence required stamp on it. Infact those statement itself contact "temporary" written on them.
Chetanojha,
even temorary why do they need stamp? In the guideline it does not say anything about temporary statements need stamps. It says
with one or more other named individual.
Only the following specified documents 201. will be accepted as evidence of this requirement:
Personal bank or building society i) statements covering three full consecutive months: The most recent statement must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application.
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
the applicant’s name;•
the account number;•
the date of the statement;•
the financial institution’s name and logo;•
transactions covering the three month • period;
that there are enough funds present in • the account (the balance must always be at least £2,800 or £800, as appropriate) covering the three month period before the date of application;
Tier 1 (General) Policy Guidance page 36 of 44 Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).
We will not accept statements which show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that the applicant holds enough funds for the full period needed.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:04 am

mah wrote:On HSBC ones it is written temporary but it has all the information but they did not stamo it so I sent without stamp. do you think they will reject my case?
It is issued to you by Bank. I will consider it as official statetment. Getting stamp on it is an extra caution to make your statement caseworker proof. Since guidance did not mentioned temp statement at all, purpose of getting bank stamp on it is to make sure "if" caseworker consider it under "online statement category" you are covered.
Initially HSBC decline request to stamp these temp statements but other branch(opp. HO building in croydon) did stamped it.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:36 am

mah

U sent online bank statmenet without stamp and signature. U mean to say u took the print on bank letter head and sent to HO.

I guess even then they shud accept as its not possible for anyone to get bank letter head atleast in UK.

mah

Post by mah » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:39 am

Dear Chetanojha,

Thanks for clearing it for me. I sent my application 26th Oct, received 27th , fee deducted 28th but I have not got the ref No yet.

For maintenance, I sent one original statement covering July 3 to Oct 3 so it was less than one month old, but to be more uptodate I went to my HSBC bank and got a temp statement covering 3rd Oct to 26th Oct. They did not stamp it. But I sent it along with the other 3 month statement.

Do you think I will face problem?
Do you think, I should wait for the new original ones to be sent to me and when I get the ref No, send this one to case officer?
I am really worried now.

Regards
Mah

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:41 am

chetanojha wrote:
mah wrote:On HSBC ones it is written temporary but it has all the information but they did not stamo it so I sent without stamp. do you think they will reject my case?
It is issued to you by Bank. I will consider it as official statetment. Getting stamp on it is an extra caution to make your statement caseworker proof. Since guidance did not mentioned temp statement at all, purpose of getting bank stamp on it is to make sure "if" caseworker consider it under "online statement category" you are covered.
Initially HSBC decline request to stamp these temp statements but other branch(opp. HO building in croydon) did stamped it.
Guys..

As chetan mentioned when the Bank statement printed and mentions temporary.. It is the EXTRA Cautiouness and to be on safe side it is very good to have a stamp/sign on those statements..

Here the main point is that even it is not mentioned in the Guidelines about temporary bankstatements;

Better be safe than sorry

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:05 pm

mah,

I also took bank statement for maintenance fund online and got it stamp from bank. Rest all 11 months i kept original.
So i feel when someone ll keep all 11 months original and just 1 month online doesnt mean hes fake or somethng.
After all caseworkers are also humanbeings like us. If they find fault just coz of this reject then he/she shud b a fool.

If u have rest all documents correctly and just 1 statement like this i dnt thnk anyone shud have problem.

I am also very tensed like u bt still giving some hopes like this.

And after getting ref no. sending is like waste coz they maynt consider, if caseworker really want he/she ll generally give a call and ask.

So just dnt get tensed

Dil-a-Nadan
Newly Registered

post graduate diploma level7 is equivalent to master or not

Post by Dil-a-Nadan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:01 pm

I have PSW visa in Uk & want to apply for high skill visa ( General).
I passed my Post Graduate Diploma ( Level 7) in Uk. can any body tell me about post graduate diploma level7 is equivalent to master level or not. I also check on UK Naric Web site

http://www.naric.org.uk/documents/code% ... pdf#page=2
&
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Q ... _Framework

Thanks

letmec2006

Hi

Post by letmec2006 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:59 pm

Duvurri
Hope you are waiting with fingers crossed.
As you know some members Online statements (Stamped) were accepted by UKBA incountry.
But it is not when applying for Entry Clearance. For EC applicants need online statement stamped with authentifying bank letter. I saw someones EC visa rejected in trackitt website
I know this is off topic but to warn members to be extra careful when applying EC with online statements.
THIS IS ONLY FOR EC and not incountry applicants.
All the best