ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 wait

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rokodilivio
Newly Registered

Post by rokodilivio » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:51 pm

@sajj
Infact, i for one just try to take my mind off it but the more i try , the harder it becomes. i missed my sister's inlaws wedding becos i had no passport to travel, and so much believe that christmas will be a consolation and is not happening.
Well, there was a stunt my friend used whose wife was the one exercising treaty right, he send all the wife's 12months payslip, proof of address, utility bill, and wrote a letter statinging that him and the wife needs to travel in 4 weeks time for emergency purpose, but he send it to dept 45 which normally receives the new application, and in 2 weeks time he got the passport with the useless vignette, they call residence card.
One thing i have come to believe is nothing move as fast as time, . also, i know someone who applied nov 2008, got it yestaday and wasn't asked for more payslips or whatsover b4 the y issue it. oneday is going to be us. lets not despair

kuka

Post by kuka » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:36 am

rokodilivio wrote:@sajj
Infact, i for one just try to take my mind off it but the more i try , the harder it becomes. i missed my sister's inlaws wedding becos i had no passport to travel, and so much believe that christmas will be a consolation and is not happening.
Well, there was a stunt my friend used whose wife was the one exercising treaty right, he send all the wife's 12months payslip, proof of address, utility bill, and wrote a letter statinging that him and the wife needs to travel in 4 weeks time for emergency purpose, but he send it to dept 45 which normally receives the new application, and in 2 weeks time he got the passport with the useless vignette, they call residence card.
One thing i have come to believe is nothing move as fast as time, . also, i know someone who applied nov 2008, got it yestaday and wasn't asked for more payslips or whatsover b4 the y issue it. oneday is going to be us. lets not despair
Rokodilivio, that's an interesting way of geting RC :))) may we should try as well? ;)
I hope we'll receive it soon too, because we are waiting since nov 2008.

kuka

Post by kuka » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:42 am

By the way, I've faxed to my LNC2 case workers my yet another complaint on wednesday. AND when I called to HO on thursday they've confirmed,(never happend before) that my letter has been passed to LNC2 caseworkers team. I hope it's a good thing :)

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:03 pm

kuka wrote:By the way, I've faxed to my LNC2 case workers my yet another complaint on wednesday. AND when I called to HO on thursday they've confirmed,(never happend before) that my letter has been passed to LNC2 caseworkers team. I hope it's a good thing :)
Oh wow, that never happen before! they normally just that they can't see ANYTHING have been sent to them! I really hope that means that they are taking your case seriously now, Kuka. Good luck and let us know!

I will update the forum when I get my passport back with the RC to give everyone an idea about the timeline. Thank goodness to hear that the postal strike has been called off!

kuka

Post by kuka » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:13 pm

Sarah T wrote:
kuka wrote:By the way, I've faxed to my LNC2 case workers my yet another complaint on wednesday. AND when I called to HO on thursday they've confirmed,(never happend before) that my letter has been passed to LNC2 caseworkers team. I hope it's a good thing :)
Oh wow, that never happen before! they normally just that they can't see ANYTHING have been sent to them! I really hope that means that they are taking your case seriously now, Kuka. Good luck and let us know!

I will update the forum when I get my passport back with the RC to give everyone an idea about the timeline. Thank goodness to hear that the postal strike has been called off!
Sarah T, fingers crossed! and keep us posted about your RC, I'm sure it'll receive it pretty soon! ;)

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi All,

Just called the HO and was told that all the system there (Liverpool) have crashed.
The Lady on the phone said its real hopeless/helpless and not sure when they
can be fixed.
However She advised that I should try again next week.
Anybody heard of this, please? :shock: :(

kuka

Post by kuka » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:04 pm

kkk01 wrote:Hi All,

Just called the HO and was told that all the system there (Liverpool) have crashed.
can be fixed.
no, that's news to me! hope they'll sort it out soon and hopefully i won't affect our applications!

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:53 pm

can be fixed.
Anybo
dy heard of this, please? :shock: :(
I call HO office today myself the guy did not not tell me anything about the problem

rokodilivio
Newly Registered

Post by rokodilivio » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:34 am

kuka wrote:

can be fixed.
no, that's news to me! hope they'll sort it out soon and hopefully i won't affect our applications!
I hope the ukba doesnt come up with any more silly excuses, it was first using all manpower to deport foreign criminal, then the backlog went high upto the sky, .....hehe. they shouldnt tell us that system crash, and the case worker couldnt do anything becos they are mearnt to update everycase. All this whole story are bullshit to me.becos there is no time frame for resolving cases by ukba, they just dont care, infact the last thing the british public want to hear is eureapean citizen and their family member are causing problem becos of their residency. THE OLD CARGO APPLICATIONS LIKE US ARE THE SCAPE GOAT, BUT I TELL YOU SOMETHING , THERE IS NOTHING THAT HAS A BEGINNING WITHOUT ENDING, ONE DAY WE SHALL SEE THE END. LETS NOT DESPAIR

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:25 pm

at last i have received my residency permit and original documents. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

applied May 2008

thanks to MP & Solvit!

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:39 am

elevendi wrote:at last i have received my residency permit and original documents. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

applied May 2008

thanks to MP & Solvit!
Wow!!

Another success story here. Do you mean to say RC (Residence Card)?

Congrats Mate. :D

rokodilivio
Newly Registered

Re: Good News

Post by rokodilivio » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:00 am

Sarah T wrote:Hi everyone,

Just to share, my solicitor just informed me that the Home Office has granted my the RC and ask for my passport to be sent to them directly to the caseworker!

I'm totally over the moon right now. Just wondering how long will it takes for them to put the stamp and return it to me now.

:lol: Much too long...
@sara-t
pls how did u make complain to solvit uk, by email, post or phone, pls all relevant information will be appreciated. I WANT TO GO ON ALL ATTACK ON UKBA. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

rokodilivio
Newly Registered

Post by rokodilivio » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:25 am

kkk01 wrote:Hey Guys, I just received an email from SOLVIT which reads thus:
"...As per the complaint sent to us as regards to the delay in processing your application by the UKBA, thus your application was being given an urgent consideration. Please advice whether you've received any response from the UKBA"...

Well, maybe I should give the HO a call later as Am yet to receive any response from them, as said by SOLVIT.
Fingers Crossed. 8)
@kkkk
pls can i get the email to solvit uk of u pls?

kkk01

Post by kkk01 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:07 pm

rokodilivio wrote:
"...As per the complaint sent to us as regards to the delay in processing your application by the UKBA, thus your application was being given an urgent consideration. Please advice whether you've received any response from the UKBA"...

Well, maybe I should give the HO a call later as Am yet to receive any response from them, as said by SOLVIT.
Fingers Crossed. 8)
@kkkk
@rokodilivio

I don't know if its possible for an EEA Family member to complain directly to UK Solvit.

I think you have to complain to UK Solvit through your spouse's national Solvit. (Talk about Bureaucracy)

I complained to Hungarian Solvit who on my behalf contacted the UK Solvit then the UK Solvit contacted the UKBA.

I'd advise that you contact your EEA Spouse national Solvit and please be aware that it takes upto 10 weeks for Solvit to respond to your complain.

Good Luck.

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:40 pm

rokodilivio wrote:
Sarah T wrote:
@sara-t
pls how did u make complain to solvit uk, by email, post or phone, pls all relevant information will be appreciated. I WANT TO GO ON ALL ATTACK ON UKBA. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Hi there,

Hope you haven't spent your weekend being annoyed with the UKBA! It is almost pointless, but I totally understand your feeling.

Unfortunately I don't have the contact to UK SOLVIT but what you need to do is to contact the SOLVIT in the country of the EU citizen. They will escalate it to SOLVIT UK in their internal system.

We also write to our MP and the send complaint letters to:

Fax: 0161 261 1132
Email: NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Address: North West Region CSU, PO Box 99, Manchester M90 3WW

We actually received a standard letter from the North West Region a day AFTER we have been told that we got our RC. I'm still waiting for my passport to come back to me.

Keep at them, fax your complaint on weekly basis and I'll keep my fingers cross for you.

MUST REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR CASE NUMBER EVERYTIME!
Last edited by Sarah T on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:41 pm

kkk01 wrote:
rokodilivio wrote:

Fingers Crossed. 8)
@kkkk
@rokodilivio

I don't know if its possible for an EEA Family member to complain directly to UK Solvit.

I think you have to complain to UK Solvit through your spouse's national Solvit. (Talk about Bureaucracy)

I complained to Hungarian Solvit who on my behalf contacted the UK Solvit then the UK Solvit contacted the UKBA.

I'd advise that you contact your EEA Spouse national Solvit and please be aware that it takes upto 10 weeks for Solvit to respond to your complain.

Good Luck.
That's correct! Keep in constant touch with the SOLVIT people in the EU country and that will push them to get in touch with SOLVIT UK on your behalf!

kuka

Post by kuka » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:55 pm

elevendi wrote:at last i have received my residency permit and original documents. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

applied May 2008

thanks to MP & Solvit!
Elevendi great news!!!!!
share your story with us please;)

pc1980
Newly Registered

Re: Passport delivery

Post by pc1980 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:08 pm

mourad wrote:
pc1980 wrote:Hi,

Do you know if the Home Office uses any special delivery for the passport? I asked for my passport back and was told it was sent over a week ago - I'm now very worried with all the postal strikes that my passport may get lost in the mail.
they do but it is a second class one and not a next day delivery ,it means it could take week or so ,you could actually ask them for the royal mail reference number ,it will allow you to track it on the net,i did it .
Hi Mourad,

I wonder if they gave you the royal mail reference number immediately? They're telling me is not as easy to find and I'm getting worried by the day as I still haven't received my passport.

Thank you

rokodilivio
Newly Registered

Post by rokodilivio » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:43 pm

Sarah T wrote:
rokodilivio wrote:
Sarah T wrote:
@sara-t
Hi there,

Hope you haven't spent your weekend being annoyed with the UKBA! It is almost pointless, but I totally understand your feeling.

Unfortunately I don't have the contact to UK SOLVIT but what you need to do is to contact the SOLVIT in the country of the EU citizen. They will escalate it to SOLVIT UK in their internal system.

We also write to our MP and the send complaint letters to:

Fax: 0161 261 1132
Email: NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Address: North West Region CSU, PO Box 99, Manchester M90 3WW

We actually received a standard letter from the North West Region a day AFTER we have been told that we got our RC. I'm still waiting for my passport to come back to me.

Keep at them, fax your complaint on weekly basis and I'll keep my fingers cross for you.

MUST REMEMBER TO INCLUDE YOUR CASE NUMBER EVERYTIME!
@sarah t
thanks a million, my mission is to use all weapon against my enemy which i think the ukba is to me. I will try every possible source, i have sent a complain through my my september and send another email to him this weekend telling him nothing has changed. NO QUEUE, ONLY THE LOUDEST GO THRU IN UKBA OFFICE.

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:59 pm

contacted solvit and MP at the same time plus i filled complaint form found in UKBA website
i submitted complaint to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk but they didn't knowledge it, so i just kept remind them and sending
the same complaint every Mondays

about solvit, unfortunately yes you have to go through your spouse's national Solvit, but they were very helpful
they responded quickly and requested copies, they contacted the UK Solvit then Uk Solvit contacted UKBA, this has been
done in a matter of less then a week! they were really helpful people and on top of this they keep you updated about all what they were doing all the time

contacted MP though internet, that's the fastest way if you want to write to your MP, after over a week i received acknowledgement letter
from our MP saying they have contacted UKBA regarding my Case ! very very helpful too

either ways, if you want to contact your MP or Solvit, try to keep it simple and as clear as you can also included how this waiting is affecting you "keep it short and simple"
don't bore them with your personal private life!, include all information and details
make sure you are very CLEAR about what you are asking

i hope this is helpful

from UKBA Letter it was mentioned that from November things going back to their normal 6 months waiting limit time! so hope this is also a great news for those who are still waiting!!! :D

mourad

Re: Passport delivery

Post by mourad » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:17 pm

pc1980 wrote:
mourad wrote:
pc1980 wrote:Hi,

Do you know if the Home Office uses any special delivery for the passport? I asked for my passport back and was told it was sent over a week ago - I'm now very worried with all the postal strikes that my passport may get lost in the mail.
they do but it is a second class one and not a next day delivery ,it means it could take week or so ,you could actually ask them for the royal mail reference number ,it will allow you to track it on the net,i did it .
Hi Mourad,

I wonder if they gave you the royal mail reference number immediately? They're telling me is not as easy to find and I'm getting worried by the day as I still haven't received my passport.

sorry to hear this,the referance was given to me without any delay ,the person whome i spoke to checked it on the computer and gave it to me ,they are bull*****ing you.call again and ask to speak to a manager if you have to.

good luck

SAJJ
Newly Registered

Post by SAJJ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:19 pm

Hi Guys,

Just to share lattest information from my side, I called yesterday HO and and they told me that CW TEAM has sent me a letter and they didn`t tell me what`s it about, could be asking for additional documents or something else. I`m expecting it to receive by the end of this week.

Has anyone else received the letter from HO lately and what was that about ?

How long it will take now, can anybody guess ? :?: :!:

So can you all share the latest update from your side.

Regards

SAJJ
Newly Registered

Post by SAJJ » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:03 pm

Anyone who has lately received letter from HO, can you plz tell me, do they send it by normal post or second class recorded delivery :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Thanx
Last edited by SAJJ on Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erktheturk
Newly Registered

I have been waiting for 15 months for my EEA family mbr stmp

Post by erktheturk » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:32 pm

That is right! 15 months waiting for my EEa family member stamp . I dont know what to do! I have called lots of times but couldnt get a hold. Sent e mails as well as complaint letter. Is there anyone has the same problem. I have sent all the documents last time I called them they told me it would take 12 months! But it has been 12 months! What da hell!???

SAJJ
Newly Registered

Post by SAJJ » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:04 pm

Anyone who has lately received letter from HO, can you plz tell me, do they send it by normal post or second class recorded delivery :?: :?: :?:

Thanx