ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee for Naturalization as British Citizen

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eastender
Newly Registered

Referee for Naturalization as British Citizen

Post by eastender » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:33 am

Sorry if this question has been covered in previous topics, I could not find any related information.
I have a question regarding the Home Office criteria for professional referee.
As per online guide the referee should have known me personally for the last 3 years. If I use my dentist whom i visited for the last 8 years for the dental treatment (but have not contacted him outside my appointments), would this fulfill the "known personally" requirement?
Thanks!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Yes

eastender
Newly Registered

Post by eastender » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Casa wrote:Yes
Thank for clarifying!

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:48 pm

eastender wrote:
Thank for clarifying!
Is that really classified as knowing someone personally and being able "to give full details of their knowledge of the applicant;" if all they know about is your teeth (and they might not be allowed to reveal that information anyway)?

taliska

Post by taliska » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:05 pm

djb123 wrote:
eastender wrote:
Thank for clarifying!
Is that really classified as knowing someone personally and being able "to give full details of their knowledge of the applicant;" if all they know about is your teeth (and they might not be allowed to reveal that information anyway)?
GP'S are also acceptable, they tend to focus on professional/significant community standing of people who you may not know in a more personal manner. if they need to check for criminal background all they do is a criminal records check, so this is just a reference for identification purposes

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:35 pm

taliska wrote:
djb123 wrote:
eastender wrote:
Thank for clarifying!
GP'S are also acceptable, they tend to focus on professional/significant community standing of people who you may not know in a more personal manner. if they need to check for criminal background all they do is a criminal records check, so this is just a reference for identification purposes
GPs are acceptable but many refuse to act as referees for naturalisation applications. Unlike a passport application the referee is signing more than just the photo is a true likeness, they are also confirming that parts of the application are to the best of their knowledge correct.

If the gp/dentist is happy to be the referee and willing to be contacted to answer questions then it's ok, though I would be wary about using a referee who knew very nothing about me beyond medical details.