ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Reuse of COS: tier 2 rejection help please

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drhopeful

Reuse of COS: tier 2 rejection help please

Post by drhopeful » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:56 pm

Dear friends,
I checked the guidance on UKBA website.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/policy ... appendixa/

It says,
68. The migrant must not previously have been [b]granted [/b]entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain relying on the same Certificate of Sponsorship reference number

If my application was previously [b]rejected[/b] for entry clearance,would I be able to reuse it?
Kindly advise me if there are any members with similar situation?

My employer is NHS, which uses cheque for paying for COS and iit takes too long, had bad experience previously with the cheques lost!
Thanks
Bharathi

ash786
BANNED

Re: Reuse of COS: tier 2 rejection help please

Post by ash786 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:45 pm

drhopeful wrote:Dear friends,
I checked the guidance on UKBA website.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/policy ... appendixa/

It says,
68. The migrant must not previously have been granted entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain relying on the same Certificate of Sponsorship reference number

If my application was previously rejected for entry clearance,would I be able to reuse it?
Kindly advise me if there are any members with similar situation?

My employer is NHS, which uses cheque for paying for COS and iit takes too long, had bad experience previously with the cheques lost!
Thanks
Bharathi
1. U need to state u question clearly.
2. Hav u applied and u visa is rejected.
3. If its rejected then wat the refusal letter says.

drhopeful

Post by drhopeful » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:16 am

Hi,
Yes, My tier 2visa application was rejected because, My bank statements did not have logo on them.
I'm left with the option of reapply or for administrative review.
My question is
1. I understand reapplying is faster, but can I use the same COS?
2. What are the chances of successful review, if i provide them the letters from the bank stating my earlier statements were genuine.
Thanks
bharathi

shope
Newly Registered

Post by shope » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:40 am

drhopeful wrote:Hi,
Yes, My tier 2visa application was rejected because, My bank statements did not have logo on them.
I'm left with the option of reapply or for administrative review.
My question is
1. I understand reapplying is faster, but can I use the same COS?
2. What are the chances of successful review, if i provide them the letters from the bank stating my earlier statements were genuine.
Thanks
bharathi
As your application is rejected, if you wish to reapply you need to get a new COS number from you employer which is a one day process.

You can go for administrative review if your bank statements are genuine and also if you can produce the original statements at the review. But it is going to take time.

If you employer is ready to give you another COS num then get it done and see if they can provide a letter statement they will maintain your living and accomodation expenses for 1st month when u arrive in uk. If they can give you that letter then there is no need to attach a single bank statement. See the form Appendix 5. Good luck

drhopeful

Hi

Post by drhopeful » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:16 am

Hi,
1.The chances of successful admin review is miniscule, considering, they don't accept new documents. My bank statements did not have logo(my fault, I did not to cross check statements).
2.My employer is reluctant to go for new cos, becoz, it took months for them to obtain one. NHS uses cheques to pay for it.
Is there any one who got cos issued in one day as being claimed? what is the procedure? I will try to offer my card for payment to HO.
3.Also, i'm unable to find a link in UKBA website, where it is mentioned, that COS becomes invalid, if used once.
I have provided the link above.

Thanks and i would appreciate any further input from member's experience.
Regards
Bharathi

ash786
BANNED

Re: Hi

Post by ash786 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:55 am

drhopeful wrote:Hi,
1.The chances of successful admin review is miniscule, considering, they don't accept new documents. My bank statements did not have logo(my fault, I did not to cross check statements).
2.My employer is reluctant to go for new cos, becoz, it took months for them to obtain one. NHS uses cheques to pay for it.
Is there any one who got cos issued in one day as being claimed? what is the procedure? I will try to offer my card for payment to HO.
3.Also, i'm unable to find a link in UKBA website, where it is mentioned, that COS becomes invalid, if used once.
I have provided the link above.

Thanks and i would appreciate any further input from member's experience.
Regards
Bharathi
1. To clear this issue ask u employer to log into the "Sponsorship Management System" and check the status of the current COS.
2. COS can be used within 3 months from the date it was issued.
3. If COS still valid (after u employer check the status) u can use it again.
4. IF the HO has rejected u COS then u need one (sometimes HO rejects the application but not COS and sometimes they reject both)
5. Its u employer needs to pay for COS and not you (If u wana use u method ask u employer about it)
6. COS can be assigned in a day but depends on the payment clearance.

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

if it says Used it's dead

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:37 pm

If the SMS says the CoS is used then it's dead. You would need a new one to re-apply. I have already told someone this a few weeks ago. They ignored it and re-applied for the visa without a new CoS. They were refused for the second time. You definitely need a new CoS if the old one has been actioned by the consulate and comes up as Used.
I suspect UKBA will be forced to change the way consulates do this. A CoS should NOT be cancelled just because a visa applicant did not provide the correct 3 months of bank statements or filled in the wrong form, but that's what happens. The sponsor should rightly be very annoyed if they spent 170 on a CoS and then had to re-issued and pay again through no fault of their own. I believe this is a situation where the procedures of UKBA are on very dodgy ground.

Rammi
Newly Registered

tier 2 reapplication

Post by Rammi » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:32 pm

Hi
I have a situation where i need advice.

I was on student visa till May 2009. I had applied for Tier 2 in March 2009.
My application was rejected with the reason that the prospective salary is not in line with codes of practice.

I did appeal against the decision which was again refused. now i have applied for recosideration of decision with the high court.

During this time my employer has again put down the advertisement and applied for additional COS which was granted to them. They are ready to assign the new COS to me.

Can i submit a new application with new COS?

Am i overstayed in UK as my leave to remain expired in May 2009?

I have contacted couple of advisors as well but they all come up with different responses. One is saying that I am not eligible, other is saying that as long as you apply within six months after your leave to remain expired you are eligible.

Some are saying that as long as i apply while my reconsideration process is going on i am legal in this country so i am eligible.

Please can somebody advice?

Thanks

drhopeful

Post by drhopeful » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:47 am

Hi, I'm not expert. But my undertanding is
1. You are legal in the country, as long as you have a pending application/appeal with Home Office.
2.You would need a new COS everytime you apply for visa.
3.You cannot have more than one application/live COS at Home office.(i.e., if u r applying for new job, u need to cancel old COS.
Hope this helps.

Rammi
Newly Registered

Tier 2 reapplication

Post by Rammi » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:05 pm

drhopeful wrote:Hi, I'm not expert. But my undertanding is
1. You are legal in the country, as long as you have a pending application/appeal with Home Office.
2.You would need a new COS everytime you apply for visa.
3.You cannot have more than one application/live COS at Home office.(i.e., if u r applying for new job, u need to cancel old COS.
Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your answer

I think you are right as far as my legal status is concern.
But i still have doubt about Certificate of sponsorship.
My employer has issued me a new certificate of sponsorship with revised salary which is in line with the Codes of practice.
I am ready to place a new application. should i attach a covering letter with the new application where i can state my situation. will that help

Please do reply. i request senior members as well pl comment

Regards
Rammi