ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application - Passport due to expire within 6 months

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oca
Newly Registered

ILR Application - Passport due to expire within 6 months

Post by oca » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:38 pm

I will be completing 5 years in December on Work Permit from the same employer.

Q1: 11 Day gap in VISA
I have a 11 day gap between the expiry date of one visa and the start date of the next visa. Will this be a problem? My employer informs me that my Visa application was sent 3 days before the expiry date of the Visa. Have requested SAR report to confirm whether HO had received the Visa application before the expiry date, and its been six weeks and my SAR report hasnt arrived.

Q2: Passport expiring within 6 months.
My passport expires at the end of March 2010. Will this be a problem, since there is less than 6 months on the passport, and do I need to renew it before applying for ILR?

Q3: Renewing passport before applying for ILR
If I renew my passport, my current Visa will be on the old passport, will this be a problem for my ILR application?

Q4: Not Renewing passport before applying for ILR
If I do not renew my passport and get my ILR done on the old passport, do I need to transfer the Visa onto the New passport, or can I carry both the passports when travelling - as proof of ILR is on the Old passport?

taliska

Post by taliska » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:23 pm

If you can get your passport renewed that would be good as ILR would then be put in your more recent passport when it is granted. All you would need to do is to send all passports which cover the period since entry into the UK along with the renewed passport with the application form for ILR. I don't see any problem with any of your other questions, the gap should not be an issue if your application was sent in time and received by the home office.

oca
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by oca » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:50 am

Taliska, Thanks for your quick response