ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance funds and appeal

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mai1709
Newly Registered

Maintenance funds and appeal

Post by mai1709 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:27 pm

I am so stressed. My PSW visa was refused because the bank statements were not in my name. The bank statements are in my husbands name. During the past three months from Aug, Sep and Oct funds were £800 but 3 consistent days in September there was a shortage in the account as the funds where £730 only. However, I forgot to send my own bank statements which reflect £100 for the past three months consistently but I dont have the £100 any more as of 2 days ago in my own named account.

My question is. Due to this appeal can I ask for extension of an appeal.
Can I change my husbands account into a joint account - is it too late to do this.

Thank you.

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:31 pm

It is stressful time, but you should have known about the maintenance fund rule. The account must be in your name and holds at least ??800 for the past three months. Do you have any other accounts inside or outside the UK carry your name with the required fund?
is your student visa still valid? if not, maybe you should consider applying from home.
________
MDX
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mai1709
Newly Registered

Post by mai1709 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:27 pm

thanx for your reply. My student visa expired. does that mean that the appeal might even be denied? I dont have other accounts other than the one i meantioned. is it too late to have a joint account?

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:01 am

It is too late for the change now, you can always change your husband account into joint account for the future if you want to apply from outside the UK. However, maintenance fund is ??2800 and kept for at least three months... and your dependent also .. I am not saying you need to abandon your appeal or anything, but try to be prepared for whatever decision they make.
________
Love Advice Forums
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

czkhan
Newly Registered

Post by czkhan » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Hello,

thanks for reading and replying to my querry in advance.

I made a post study work application under tier-1 visa category on 25th Sept 2009. I received all my documents today with the refusal letter dated 12th Nov 2009. My application was rejected on the ground of insufficient funds required for the minimum duration of 90 days. As such I manage to keep my balance above the minimum requirement of £800.00 from 28th Jun 2009 as of today (16th Nov 2009). Hence, if i would have made my application on 28th Sept 2009, it would have fulfilled 90 days requirement, but due to panic I applied 3 days before cos I didn't wanted the application to be received by home office after my visa would have expired on 30th Sept 2009. What should I do now?

1) Appeal against the home office's decision? (I don't know on what ground I can make my appeal since as per the rules when I made my application I didn't had sufficient fund for the required duration of 90 days and this fact doesn't change even when I appeal, although I have managed the balance above the required limit of £800 since 28th Jun 2009).

2) Am I allowed to make a fresh application despite the fact that my last visa expired on 30th Sept 2009?

If I reapply after my visa expired, will this affect my 10 years continuous stay in UK when I apply for my permanent leave to remain (I have been living in UK since Sept 2003)?