ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we submit a DVD as evidence?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chesstar87

Can we submit a DVD as evidence?

Post by chesstar87 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:55 pm

Hey guys, am a new member to the forum, although I have been reading around the site for advice. Am Married to a British National, I want to submit my Vaf4a form ASAP. We are currently in the process of sorting out all documentations we will need as evidence when submitting our visa application. In addition to our wedding pictures, we have a dvd of the wedding, Can this be submitted as well? Please note we have our wedding certificate already so the dvd is just additional evidence or is it too much?
Thank you
Last edited by chesstar87 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djb123
Member of Standing

Re: Can we submit a DVD as evidence?

Post by djb123 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:07 pm

chesstar87 wrote:Hey guys, am a new member to the forum, although I have been reading around the site for advice. Am Married to a British National, I am currently in the Caribbean, I want to submit my Vaf4a form ASAP. We are currently in the process of sorting out all documentations we will need as evidence when submitting our visa application. In addition to our wedding pictures, we have a dvd of the wedding, Can this be submitted as well? Please note we have our wedding certificate already so the dvd is just additional evidence or is it too much?
Thank you
I personally wouldn't bother as they are never going to watch it.

chesstar87

Post by chesstar87 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:23 pm

Thank you, I think you are correct, Ill probably take a few capture pics off the dvd and submit that!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:17 am

Dont even waste your time. The BHC cant afford a VHS player and therefore they would not be able to watch it. :lol: :D

chesstar87

Post by chesstar87 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:10 am

Thanks m8!, Ill just print out wedding pictures then, am abit confused about how many pictures are sufficient, we have about 300 on that day, would a sample of 50 be enough?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:04 am

I personally think that 50 photos from the wedding would be an over kill.

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:37 am

boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:I personally think that 50 photos from the wedding would be an over kill.
Agreed, a couple would be adequate.

chesstar87

Post by chesstar87 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Thanks guys much appriciated!!, I am having difficult quantifying what I needed to submit I think Ill now submit about 10. Would an email a-month over the last two years be sufficient as well as proofs for contact also am getting my last three months phone record should that be ok? Oh one more thing, post letters/card we sent each other over the last two years should these be inculded? I am a very private person it feels so weird to know a third party will be reading personal stuff l :oops: I guess it cant be helped

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:20 pm

chesstar87 wrote:Thanks guys much appriciated!!, I am having difficult quantifying what I needed to submit I think Ill now submit about 10. Would an email a-month over the last two years be sufficient as well as proofs for contact also am getting my last three months phone record should that be ok? Oh one more thing, post letters/card we sent each other over the last two years should these be inculded? I am a very private person it feels so weird to know a third party will be reading personal stuff l :oops: I guess it cant be helped
When we applied for a fiancee visa I supplied as little personal stuff as I could get away - basically just the first few emails. I then supplied records of my trips and phone records to prove contact, I also said we talked over IM but didn't provide any evidence of it. At the end of it you have to provide evidence of your relationship, but you don't have to provide every detail of your relationship especially as you are married.

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi, where in the Caribbean are you? How long have you been married?Just asking out of curiosity, I have only seen one or two posts from people in the Caribbean.

Me: Jamaican
Husband: British
Married: 7 years, 2 children

I'll be applying early next year, husband went back to England to get "settled", waiting out the six month period (for pay slips and bank statements) before applying.

I will try to send you a link to a great list of all the items a successful applicant sent in (I'm not too familiar with how to do it, but I'll try in another post.)

DesignChick
BANNED

Post by DesignChick » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:29 pm

Hope this works!

Here's the link I mentioned before:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:04 pm

my wife recently applied for her tier 1 dependent visa from karachi and along with many other proofs she also submitted a dvd of our wedding but VAC (visa application centre) didn't accept it.

chesstar87

Post by chesstar87 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:02 pm

Hello
thank you for the link, am having a read, I know it will be helpful
my wife and I are married only this year about 3months ago. I only recently started to look into the documents getting all the paperwork sorted out. It seems to me those who are successful do a lot of preperation and leave nothing to chance, my wife and I are currently trying to do the same.
Don't think ill do the dvd again, dont think it will make any sence if they never bother do look it up, ill just do pictures instead thanks guys!