ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 & MP Letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elevendi

EEA2 & MP Letter

Post by elevendi » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:39 am

it's been 18 months since i've applied , i filled complaint, contacted MP and Solvit
today i received letter from our MP

out of 7 paragraphs 5 of them are just standard replies i won't bother to put them down in here,

The other two left paragraphs you can read:

"I can confirm that we received Mr \\\\ application on \\\\. This application is currently awaiting consideration and notification of the decision will be sent as soon as possible. Unfortunately I cannot give an accurate indication as to when this will be as, due to a number of extenuating circumstances, we are experiencing delays in this area. While i appreciate that this is frustrating for your constituent I can assure you that we are undertaking a series of remedial actions which will ensure you that we are operating whithin service standards from the end of November 2009.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused and can assure you that this is being addressed with the utmost priority.

Deputy Director - Operations
\\\\

what do you think guys? are they just another standard reply or am i going to expect something soon?
see what you think??? ...

thank you 8)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:27 pm

11 months. Utterly Preposterous.

Anyway there is a glimmer of hope, considering they have found the need to reply to your MP and acknowledged their shortcomings.

I am sure they will either issue it or ask for further documentations from you soon.

All the best.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:41 pm

Hi there

I WANT to be positive but I just simply can't! It is ridiculous that you have waited this long.

Having said that, the fact that they acknowledged and addressed your application specifically, you never know, maybe your application has been pulled out from the piles and is seriously being considered. Speculation speculation but I certainly wish you the best!

we have also received a letter from the MP but it is very generic. Totally useless!

Do let us know when you do get it!

elevendi

urgent! advice needed

Post by elevendi » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:43 pm

thanks Obie & Sarah T

I've received a letter from HO today requesting my passport and my partner passport or national identity card.

would her UK RESIDENCE DOCUMENTATION CARD be considered as national identity card???

she is traveling in 2 weeks time and i don't think it would be a good idea if she submit her passport at this point in time!

any advice?

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Oh my goodness! Great news! Congratulations!!

I think she will have to send in her passport, unless her national ID card has a photograph to prove her identity. If not, either wait until she returns from her trip and hand in your passport, I'm not sure how long will they keep it for but I'm pretty sure it won't be too quick.

Well done, let us know when you got the residence card in hand!

I certainly hope we don't have to wait for 13 months! It's killing me now as it is.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:26 pm

If your partner has to travel, you might want to consider having her passport certified by a Solicitor for a small fee and sending it to the Home office, with proof of his travel arrangements. You could also write a small explanatory note stating why his passport cannot be sent.

That would probably suffice.

You are finally reaching the end of the very long road.

Best wishes and success for the coming weeks.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:44 pm

@ sarah T, yes the the Residence Documentation Cards has a picture on it, as you can see it bellow

@ obie, thank sounds good idea, i can also add her Residence card

Sarah T

Post by Sarah T » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:59 am

Elevendi, that's great! Thanks for sharing!

All the best in the UK!

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:51 am

Her UK Residence Card alone will not suffice (even though it does bear her photo). You will need to send her passport or national ID card.

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:26 pm

at last i have received my residency permit and original documents.

applied May 2008

thanks to MP & Solvit! :D :D