ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company Bust, What s abt My Earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

email257525
BANNED

Company Bust, What s abt My Earnings

Post by email257525 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:54 pm

Friends,

If a company bust/goes out of business due to recession with whome you have been working and use to get cheque as your wages. Now want to apply for Tier 1 G.

What documents are needed? and what if HO rings or write to them

push
United Kingdom

Re: Company Bust, What s abt My Earnings

Post by push » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:18 pm

email257525 wrote:Friends,

If a company bust/goes out of business due to recession with whome you have been working and use to get cheque as your wages. Now want to apply for Tier 1 G.

If a company goes bust usually administrators are appointed. You need to indicate the same in your cover letter clearly and provide relevant contact details.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:57 pm

SEE that all yr PAYE payments r made otherwise there is trouble in getting visa

if PAYE payments r made or on receivers list u got good chance otherwise no chance

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:09 am

I know one of my friends who applied for his initial application but his was rejected because the company he used to work for went bust. But he did have pay slips and bank transfers.

When home office rang the company there wasn't a reply so they rejected the application but he was given a chance to appeal. He then contacted his boss and got the details off him and got the visa finally.

So, if you have been paid and got payslips and relevant bank deposits showing that then you have got a good chance there.

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:50 am

@Push
Thank you for your help, But my employer is going to chage his business name, in that case what will i be needed from him, I have payslips and bank transactions already. i will keep you updated
Plus just for extra informations he is got two branches in two other cities as well. . .

@Sushil
Can you please advise, is there any way i can check my paye payments has been made? and How home office will check it?
I spoke to inland revenue people, all they said that they have record that i am doing two jobs.

@innocent
did he give ex employer home contact details instead business details? or how did he satisfy the home office on appeal? what did he provide them?
Please advise in details

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: Hi

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:17 am

email257525 wrote:@Push
Thank you for your help, But my employer is going to chage his business name, in that case what will i be needed from him, I have payslips and bank transactions already. i will keep you updated
Plus just for extra informations he is got two branches in two other cities as well. . .

@Sushil
Can you please advise, is there any way i can check my paye payments has been made? and How home office will check it?
I spoke to inland revenue people, all they said that they have record that i am doing two jobs.

@innocent
did he give ex employer home contact details instead business details? or how did he satisfy the home office on appeal? what did he provide them?
Please advise in details

the employer changed his business name just as in your case. I believe the employers do this so to avoid paying money to HMRC be declaring the company as bankrupt so pretty normal. Get the details off your employer and he should give you details because you have been paid.

Now, other thing I could think of is, you get the pay after NI and TAX deduction from Employer just like everyone else, so it is employer's responsibility to submit the tax at the end of tax year or quarterly to HMRC but I believe because the company has gone bust so it is unlikely that he'll pay taxes on it. Now I honestly don't know, how this works from this point.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:22 pm

@Sushil

ask HMRC (them) PAYE payments and companre with yr payslips , individually

@innocent
Please advise in details

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:24 pm

innocentdevil wrote:

@Sushil

@innocent
Please advise in details

the employer changed his business name just as in your case. I believe the employers do this so to avoid paying money to HMRC be declaring the company as bankrupt so pretty normal. Get the details off your employer and he should give you details because you have been paid.

THIS is happening very frequently now a days

Now, other thing I could think of is, you get the pay after NI and TAX deduction from Employer just like everyone else, so it is employer's responsibility to submit the tax at the end of tax year or quarterly to HMRC but I believe because the company has gone bust so it is unlikely that he'll pay taxes on it. Now I honestly don't know, how this works from this point.

it must be included in employers bankrutcy records so employee is safe other wise employees job will be treated as sham- poor situation

HSK Accountancy Services

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:56 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:

if PAYE payments r made or on receivers list u got good chance otherwise no chance
It is not the employee's responsibility to pay PAYE and NI. So he is safe even the employer paid tax and NI or not. He should clearly mention on his cover letter that he has been made redundant and company went bust as Push said.

If the adminstrator has been appointed then give the contact details of them as a contact to confirm the situation.

As long as you have proper wage slips and corresponding payments in bank then you are safe!!

The general rule is if your earnings are genuine and you were a real employee then there is no reason to get scared. Let Home office to do their checks. You can always win the appeal in the worst case scenrio. No judge will send you home if your company went bust without asking you!

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:47 am

HSK Accountancy Services wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:

It is not the employee's responsibility to pay PAYE and NI. So he is safe even the employer paid tax and NI or not. He should clearly mention on his cover letter that he has been made redundant and company went bust as Push said.

If the adminstrator has been appointed then give the contact details of them as a contact to confirm the situation.

As long as you have proper wage slips and corresponding payments in bank then you are safe!!

The general rule is if your earnings are genuine and you were a real employee then there is no reason to get scared. Let Home office to do their checks. You can always win the appeal in the worst case scenrio. No judge will send you home if your company went bust without asking you!

what r resposibilty of employee and what r precaution a employee required -

Aemployee can say simply i am working from a year and my empoyer is in fault from a year not paid any PAYE

2-3 MONTHS PERIOD is fine but just shredding precaution completely not justified

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:49 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
HSK Accountancy Services wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:

what r resposibilty of employee and what r precaution a employee required -

Aemployee can say simply i am working from a year and my empoyer is in fault from a year not paid any PAYE

2-3 MONTHS PERIOD is fine but just shredding precaution completely not justified

contract is null and void