ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timing of Bank statements ..can this be deceitful?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Fearandloathing
Newly Registered

Timing of Bank statements ..can this be deceitful?

Post by Fearandloathing » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:50 pm

Hi all ..sorry to pester you good folk with another question ..but i was thinking about the timing of getting my 6 month Bank statement for my fiancee's visa application ..situation is i'm a little concerned about the amount of time the application may take as i have mentioned in another thread i have booked the wedding for 3rd June and we were planning applying at the end of Jan when i hope to have £2000 saved (i'd like it to be more but can only save around £500 a month atm with christmas and all..also been supporting my partner since march/april ..she leaves this week) so was thinking of applying around christmas instead whe i'll have around £1500 ...soo is it ok to have got my bank statement prior to paying the £585 for the application and any solicitor fee's..do they take this into account or should i wait till January..or am i just looking into things too much :lol:

thanks again folks really appreciate the help

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:51 am

The most recent bank statement of yours should be more more than 2 weeks old at the time you hand your application. I have seen so many refusals simply because bank statements are more than 4 weeks old.

Also you have to show regular deposits prior to the application. Dont what ever you do put large lump sums just before applying as that will almost certainly be refused. Something like £500- £750 should be ok, but larger than these amounts you may have to show where its come from

MWill

Post by MWill » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:55 am

batleykhan wrote:The most recent bank statement of yours should be more more than 2 weeks old at the time you hand your application. I have seen so many refusals simply because bank statements are more than 4 weeks old.
Do you mean they should be "no more than 4 weeks old"? Because of the time it takes to statements to arrive through the post, and then the time it takes to FedEx them to the applicant, surely 2 weeks is going to be difficult?

And can they really refuse you if the latest statement is more than 4 weeks old - even if the newest one hasn't arrive to the sponsor through the post yet? Isn't the 28 day bank statement rule only for tiered visas?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:37 pm

Do you mean they should be "no more than 4 weeks old"? Because of the time it takes to statements to arrive through the post, and then the time it takes to FedEx them to the applicant, surely 2 weeks is going to be difficult?
Yes thats right. you should try timing the lodging of the application in such a way that your last statement should be more than 4 weeks old when you hand it in.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:46 pm

Batleykhan..did you mean No more than 4 weeks old?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:16 am

Batleykhan..did you mean No more than 4 weeks old?
Yes you are right Cass, thats what I meant

Glad some of the Mods check the posts :lol: :D :P

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:51 am

Just lucky I hadn't nodded off. :wink:

Fearandloathing
Newly Registered

Post by Fearandloathing » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:40 am

Thankyou batleykhan i was thinking of just getting my branch to print of a copy of my accounts (stamped and signed) just a few days before lodging the application and paying the £585 fee ..i'm presuming this will be ok?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:25 am

Yes that should be fine. Don't give them an opportunity to refuse it for a silly reason, like the statements provided were not up to date.

Good Luck

Fearandloathing
Newly Registered

Post by Fearandloathing » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:54 am

thankyou again batleykhan ..starting to get a better understanding of the whole process now (i'm finding this all very stressfull indeed :? ) i had previously (and foolishly) thought that the FLR part of the process was going to be pretty much a formality ...ive just been looking at the evidence required for this and it seems i'm very wrong indeed. I am now starting to consider the idea of marrying abroad and applying for a marriage visa instead as it would probably work out cheaper and less stressfull. Am i correct in thinking that it will firstly cost £600 for the fiancee visa then a further £600 for the FLR and finally £882 for the ILR. As if getting married isn't expensive enough :cry: i was also planning on getting a solicitor/immigration advisor if anybody can reccomend one as ive heard a few horror stories
thanks again folks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:55 pm

See your email for further instructions

Forget that, its come back undelivered.must be your email.Pm with new email address and I will send you again

chesstar87

Post by chesstar87 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:33 pm

How many bank statements are needed for spousal visa? last three months are sufficient for both spouses? another website said six months?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:12 pm

Ideally it should be 6 months bank statements and 3 months wage slips

chesstar87

Post by chesstar87 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:30 pm

Thank you batleykhan, we will try to do that