ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to Tier1 extn - Early application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpapp

HSMP to Tier1 extn - Early application

Post by hsmpapp » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi All,

I am currently working in UK and my HSMP visa expires on 14 April, 2010. I am getting married in mid Feb, 2010. I have been working for a company here for past 12 months and my salary slips are on plain A4 paper. My bank statements are sent by post every month.

Now arises the confusion: Should i get my visa extn now and apply separately for my wife's application after marriage or shud i apply for me along with my wife together in March?

If i apply for my visa extn now, will my visa extn be applicable from my current expiry date or the application approval date.

If i decide to apply for my visa extn as well as my wife's application together in march after marriage, where will i apply (UK or India)?

I know that there is fees relaxation if the dependent application is made along with main application.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Rgds,
HsmpApp

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP to Tier1 extn - Early application

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:21 pm

hsmpapp wrote:Hi All,

I am currently working in UK and my HSMP visa expires on 14 April, 2010. I am getting married in mid Feb, 2010. I have been working for a company here for past 12 months and my salary slips are on plain A4 paper. My bank statements are sent by post every month.

Now arises the confusion: Should i get my visa extn now and apply separately for my wife's application after marriage or shud i apply for me along with my wife together in March? Is your would be wife in UK? If not than it is better to apply for extension before marriage so that your wife's dependent visa can be processed quicker(from India). You will not be able to apply for extension + dependent visa together.

If i apply for my visa extn now, will my visa extn be applicable from my current expiry date or the application approval date.This depends on the date on which extension is approved. If you want your new visa starts from the date of current visa expiry than you have to explicitly request caseworker for the same. But it depends on the case workers whether to grant you visa from which of the above two dates.

If i decide to apply for my visa extn as well as my wife's application together in march after marriage, where will i apply (UK or India)? You have to apply your extension from UK whereas your wife has to apply for her initial dependent visa from her home country.I would suggest apply for extension before your marriage, so that you can apply for her dependent visa immediately after your marriage.

I know that there is fees relaxation if the dependent application is made along with main application.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Rgds,
HsmpApp

hsmpapp

Post by hsmpapp » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:11 pm

Thanks Chetanojha,

My wud be wife is currently in India.. As per your guidance, i will apply for my extn before the marriage and will then apply for my wife's dependent visa after marriage.

The only concern i have is the starting date of the extn visa. I read that the complete 5 yr ILR period will not elapse incase i get visa extn date earlier from Apr,2010(current visa expiry date).

Preferably, as u suggested, i will mention in my application to grant me visa extn from my current visa expiry date. Finally, the decision will be caseworker's.

Thanks & Regards,
HsmpApp

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:13 pm

hsmpapp wrote:Thanks Chetanojha,

My wud be wife is currently in India.. As per your guidance, i will apply for my extn before the marriage and will then apply for my wife's dependent visa after marriage.

The only concern i have is the starting date of the extn visa. I read that the complete 5 yr ILR period will not elapse incase i get visa extn date earlier from Apr,2010(current visa expiry date).

Preferably, as u suggested, i will mention in my application to grant me visa extn from my current visa expiry date. Finally, the decision will be caseworker's.

Thanks & Regards,
HsmpApp
Focus on the VISA end date rather than the start date.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer