ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:29 pm

Congrats Jas and Tango Orange

incognito
Newly Registered

Post by incognito » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:12 pm

Postal Strikes have now been called off till after christmas.

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:50 pm

Update

Hi guys, i called HO today and spoke to one gentleman, He told me that decision has been made on my application :? but the letter is not dispatch yet. I request him to tell me decision but he refused to tell me because of security reason. So hope so next week i will get some news from HO. Its really frustating process. my fingers are crossed so let see what will be the outcome next week.

bechir

Post by bechir » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:51 pm

i said we will have good news this week and we did that is very good news racingfire and now i can tell you is positive new so dont worry and heremy tip to you call your local council on thursday morning and your name will be there trust me , as the homeoffice are delaying the letters that send out to us to make sure the council receive the notification before you call them your letter will be posted on wednesday by second class but council receive emails and faxes tuesdaynight and special post wednesday morning .
iam realy happy for you .

racingfire wrote:Update

Hi guys, i called HO today and spoke to one gentleman, He told me that decision has been made on my application :? but the letter is not dispatch yet. I request him to tell me decision but he refused to tell me because of security reason. So hope so next week i will get some news from HO. Its really frustating process. my fingers are crossed so let see what will be the outcome next week.

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:43 pm

Thanks Bechir,

I really appreciate for your support, hope so it will be a positive outcome
I am also thinking to go away on 19 Nov for 2 weeks, do you think so i can get my letter and manage my ceremony in this time, i mean before 19 nov.

bechir wrote:i said we will have good news this week and we did that is very good news racingfire and now i can tell you is positive new so dont worry and heremy tip to you call your local council on thursday morning and your name will be there trust me , as the homeoffice are delaying the letters that send out to us to make sure the council receive the notification before you call them your letter will be posted on wednesday by second class but council receive emails and faxes tuesdaynight and special post wednesday morning .

bechir

Post by bechir » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:27 pm

racingfire i dont think will be issue after or before 19 nov since you not going to appay for passport before 19 as long you get the positive response we waited years so 2or 3 weeks is nothing to us :lol:
i think if small council chance you get same day ceromony the more populated immigrations area the long dates you wait i think as seem greater london some waited over 2 months .
racingfire wrote:Thanks Bechir,

I really appreciate for your support, hope so it will be a positive outcome
I am also thinking to go away on 19 Nov for 2 weeks, do you think so i can get my letter and manage my ceremony in this time, i mean before 19 nov.

bechir wrote:i said we will have good news this week and we did that is very good news racingfire and now i can tell you is positive new so dont worry and heremy tip to you call your local council on thursday morning and your name will be there trust me , as the homeoffice are delaying the letters that send out to us to make sure the council receive the notification before you call them your letter will be posted on wednesday by second class but council receive emails and faxes tuesdaynight and special post wednesday morning .

hsmp-jr2
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp-jr2 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:35 pm

NCS or Postal: NCS
Date of submission or posting: 07/10/2009
CRITERIA: 5 yr HSMP JR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 12/10/2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:15/10/2009(dated 12/10/2009)
Date of receipt of approval: /11/2009 (dated 02/11/2009)
Date of Ceremony: 09/11/2009 (private)
Date of appln. for passport:Pending
Interview for Passport :Pending
Passport received: Pending

tango_orange
Newly Registered

Post by tango_orange » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Date of submission or posting: 30th Sep 2009
CRITERIA - HSMP JR (5 yrs) -
Date payment taken: 5th Sept 2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgment: 10th Sept2009
Date of receipt of approval and invitation: 5th Nov (Dated 29th October)..
Date of Ceremony: 6th November (Private)

iceman010899

Post by iceman010899 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:39 pm

UPDATE

If NCS, which centre: Barnet
Date of submission or posting: 24th July 2009
CRITERIA - 10 Years + ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 27th July 2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 03rd August 2009 (Dated 29th July 2009)
Date of receipt of approval: 10 Sep ( Dated 02 Sep )
Date of Ceremony: 01 Oct
Date of passport application: 28 Oct
Method used: Check and Send
Date of Receipt of Documents: ---
Date of passport interview: 22 Nov
Date of Receipt of Passport:---

tango_orange
Newly Registered

Post by tango_orange » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:50 pm

Dear All
I cannot apply myself as I had my ceremony in a different centre and they promised to send my post today which I will receive Monday. I am asking a friend to apply on my behalf..What documents do I need to submit along with my application.

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:28 pm

Good luck with the decision Racing Fire...hope you get good news mate.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:34 pm

sidster007 wrote:Good luck with the decision Racing Fire...hope you get good news mate.
Sidster, I have to say you and other guys (Buchir, racingfire) kept this thread very lively but all of you are now done with your BC and this thread and other member will miss you badly. Goog luck mate. BTW where about are you from in India?
KESH

bechir

Post by bechir » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:05 pm

thanks keshgrove we will keep support you and all in this forum as others has supported us :)
keshgrover wrote:
sidster007 wrote:Good luck with the decision Racing Fire...hope you get good news mate.
Sidster, I have to say you and other guys (Buchir, racingfire) kept this thread very lively but all of you are now done with your BC and this thread and other member will miss you badly. Goog luck mate. BTW where about are you from in India?

getnoticed
Newly Registered

Post by getnoticed » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:20 pm

My wife and I have applied for Naturalisation (using NCS) and have had the payment taken from our card.

We are due to travel to Germany in the first week of December.

If we receive the approval/confirmation letter whilst we are away we will not know our status.

What happens in this instance when we re-enter the UK?
Will our ILR let us back in or should we take the application details/receipt with us to prove that we have applied and do not yet know the outcome?

If we receive the confirmation prior to our trip there is not likely to be enough time to arrange a ceremony and passports.

Does anyone have any advice on the above?

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:34 pm

Kesh thanks very much for your kind words. I am really appreciative of the support, guidance and comfort that members of this forum have given me through the one month ordeal of my naturalization process. Without this forum I would have definitely been a nervous wreck.

My journey to BC will end tomorrow morning with my citizenship ceremony. After that the passport application will be on my mind. However I will continue to log in and answer any questions that people might have for me.

Cheers
Sidster

P.S- I am from Mumbai.

tonyz
Newly Registered

good news

Post by tonyz » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:17 am

[quote="racingfire"]Update

Hi Racinffire,

That's great, you will recieve ur (good news) letter soon

regards

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:25 am

Thanks a lot Kesh for these words, we will always be there for help and support as other people on this forum support us.

Guys i am thinking to call my council in late afternoon to check if they have received any information about me, and will update you.

keshgrover wrote:

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:29 am

Hi getnoticed,

would you please give some more details that which date you have applied and in which catagory???

getnoticed wrote:My wife and I have applied for Naturalisation (using NCS) and have had the payment taken from our card.

If we receive the approval/confirmation letter whilst we are away we will not know our status.

Will our ILR let us back in or should we take the application details/receipt with us to prove that we have applied and do not yet know the outcome?

If we receive the confirmation prior to our trip there is not likely to be enough time to arrange a ceremony and passports.

mna8

Update:

Post by mna8 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:48 pm

My journey is complete today. Best wishes to you all. My timeline:

NCS or Postal: NCS, Leeds
Date of submission or posting: 26th Aug 2009
Application: Joint (Husband, wife and Child)
CRITERIA: 6 yr stay (5 yrs WP+HSMP + 1 yr ILR)
Date of receipt of Application @ HO: 27th Aug, 2009
Date of debit of debit/credit card: 01st Sept 2009
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 05th Sept 2009
Date of approval: 30th Sept 2009
Invitation Letter: 11th Oct 2009
Date of Ceremony: 22nd Oct 2009
Date of appln. for passport: 22nd Oct 2009
Interview for Passport : 05th Nov 2009
Passport received: 09th Nov 2009
mna

getnoticed
Newly Registered

Post by getnoticed » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:19 pm

[quote="racingfire"]Hi getnoticed,

would you please give some more details that which date you have applied and in which catagory???[/quote]

We have Ancestry (5 years plus 1 year ILR)

Applied for citizenship

30Oct application

[quote="getnoticed"]My wife and I have applied for Naturalisation (using NCS) and have had the payment taken from our card.

Does anyone have any advice on the above?[/quote][/quote]

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:53 pm

Hi guys one question before my uncle submits is application. Is it compelsory to pay council tax for continious period of 6 years to qualify for citizenship? What if some one have lived for a period on rent inclusive? Sidster, racingfire, bachir could you guys put some light on this please.
KESH

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:19 am

No its not necessary, mostly people pay thier rent inclusive all bills, i know my one friend he was sharing a house with his mates and even he didn,t have tenancy agreement on his name but he got his citizenship without any problem.

keshgrover wrote:Hi guys one question before my uncle submits is application. Is it compelsory to pay council tax for continious period of 6 years to qualify for citizenship? What if some one have lived for a period on rent inclusive? Sidster, racingfire, bachir could you guys put some light on this please.

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:25 am

Hi getnoticed,

You did not mention that how long you are going away. I don,t think so there will be any problem for you when you will come back, because if your application will be approved in between that time, it didn,t mean that you are BC, until and unless you will attend your ceremony.
getnoticed wrote:
We have Ancestry (5 years plus 1 year ILR)

Applied for citizenship

30Oct application

sidster007

Post by sidster007 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:52 am

Hi Kesh,

I don't think your uncle will have any issue. I know someone who basically lived at a friends place for 6 months while he was searching for a job (was on an HSMP at the time) and he didn't have any issues getting his BC earlier this year.

Hope this helps

Sid

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:13 pm

getnoticed wrote:My wife and I have applied for Naturalisation (using NCS) and have had the payment taken from our card.

It doesnt matter. your 'status' only changes after the citizenship ceremony which you have to attend in person.