ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need info

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

psychic1479
Newly Registered

I need info

Post by psychic1479 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:32 pm

I am non EU member and married to Romanian citizen and have one year residence card of romania, yesterday I called spanish embassy and asked if i can go to spain with my wife without visa and the lady gave me info that I can also go without wife if i have residence card, I want to know if this information is true and since when this law is applicable and to which countries of EU I can go alone showing Residence card and marriage certificate???

Please reply.... thanks

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:07 pm

Hi, you dont need any visa to travel within the EU states and including Spain and neither do you need to go along with your spouse. Good luck. :)

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:31 pm

El shaddai wrote:Hi, you dont need any visa to travel within the EU states and including Spain and neither do you need to go along with your spouse.
Between Schengen states this would be true but between non Schengen states and Schengen states this statement is simply wrong. First, European law requires either travelling together or joining the spouse at a later date in the latter case. Some member states may indeed have relaxed rules (I do not know about Spain). Second, this residence card is obviously issued under national law though it appears to be identical to the EEA variant from what I heard. Personally, I do not believe that Romanian authorities should issue identical cards but it may work out in practice.

Majeztic

Post by Majeztic » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:50 pm

How come you have a residence card valid for only one year? it should normally be valid for 5 years,are you sure it is a Membru de familie residence card or is it the normal residency in romania which is given on yearly renewable basis.
To travel in EU states you need the carte de rezidenta pentru membru de familie,You cannot travel visa free to EU states with the normal romanian residency.
Also even if u have the membru de familie residence card,some countries like germany ask for a visa if u are travelling alone.

psychic1479
Newly Registered

I have cartela pentru member de familie

Post by psychic1479 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:54 am

Majeztic wrote:How come you have a residence card valid for only one year? it should normally be valid for 5 years,are you sure it is a Membru de familie residence card or is it the normal residency in romania which is given on yearly renewable basis.
To travel in EU states you need the carte de rezidenta pentru membru de familie,You cannot travel visa free to EU states with the normal romanian residency.
Also even if u have the membru de familie residence card,some countries like germany ask for a visa if u are travelling alone.
well I have one year residence card pentru member de famile(for family members), all i want to know the list of countries where i can travel alone.

thanks

charles4u
Member of Standing

Re: I have cartela pentru member de familie

Post by charles4u » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:19 pm

psychic1479 wrote:
well I have one year residence card pentru member de famile(for family members), all i want to know the list of countries where i can travel alone.

thanks
It is funny they gave u one yr, anyway...if its written family member then u can travel alone to Spain, Belgium, Portugal and all Eastern EU countries.

I am currently in Czech alone with my Romanian Family ID.

Good luck man...
Charles4u

xxmar
Newly Registered

Post by xxmar » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:50 am

hello

you are right Majeztic ... i didnt hear for residence card valid for only one year !! all i know 5 years ,

i want to ask you pls,

i have carte de rezidenta pentru membru de familie for 5 years,

i want to travel with my wife or alone, which contries i can go without visa?

thank you