ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missed Fee Payment by a card

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ram2333
Newly Registered

Post by ram2333 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:49 pm

Hi,

I made a Tier 1 General visa application in recent past and I found my fee payments been missed due to the card issues. My application will be processed with in a weeks time.

How can I ask them to recollect the money.

Any Ideas, thanks for your advice and comments,

Regards,
Ram

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:54 pm

hi ram

Wht do u mean by missed payment. U mean to say ur application was rejected coz u cudnt pay the fees.

If tht is the case then u can again apply with proper mode of payment which shud get thru.

ram2333
Newly Registered

Post by ram2333 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Hi Duvvuri,

thanks for your comments,

My application is till with HO, as it will gets processed some time after 16th Nov. I made the application on 26th Oct and I received a confirmation from HO that they received it on 27th oct.

Since the payments not gone through, my account I checked with my Bank and found there is an failure attempt from HO on 27th and my bank rejected the charge request due to some reason.

I was trying to avoid the situation of re applying and trying to Know how HO will deal with such cases.

Will the Home office will reattempt to charege my card before opening the application by a case worker.

I appreciate your efforts in sharing suggestions and views.

Regards,
Ram

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:53 pm

We understand from our experience that FEE deduction is the FIRST thing HO does and if that goes through then only you receive a Reference letter stating that that ur application has been received and sent for Caseworkers consideration..

please check ur reference letter and see wat exactly it states??

Because HO wont waste even a single second of their time sending to caseworker if FEE is rejected except sending ur application back..

So if ur letter states it has been send for caseworkers consideration then the FEE MIGHT?? have gone through in 2nd attempt or ??? its little confusing..

please let us know how things develop thanks

ram2333
Newly Registered

Post by ram2333 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:26 pm

Hi tvn_ramesh,

thanks for your comments, the confirmation says:

"We acknowledge receipt of the application above, and any associated dependant applications made. the application will be passed to a case working team for validation and consideration"

So, I think they might open the application in a weeks time.

Now I got more serious concern, Now I know that HO failed to get the money in the first attempt, if they never make another attempt then application will not get through. Is there any chance that HO will indeed get the money in the later attemp and claims that by that time the provided supporting documents were expired ( more than one month old) and wishes to reject.

No Idea, its long weekend waiting for monday to call HO to know how do they respond to that.

How do the HO deal with a withdraw application if I wish to do so.

thanks for the Input by members.

tvn_ramesh wrote:We understand from our experience that FEE deduction is the FIRST thing HO does and if that goes through then only you receive a Reference letter stating that that ur application has been received and sent for Caseworkers consideration..

Because HO wont waste even a single second of their time sending to caseworker if FEE is rejected except sending ur application back..

So if ur letter states it has been send for caseworkers consideration then the FEE MIGHT?? have gone through in 2nd attempt or ??? its little confusing..

push
United Kingdom

Re: Missed Fee Payment by a card

Post by push » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:31 pm

ram2333 wrote:Hi tvn_ramesh,

"We acknowledge receipt of the application above, and any associated dependant applications made. the application will be passed to a case working team for validation and consideration"

Now I got more serious concern, Now I know that HO failed to get the money in the first attempt, if they never make another attempt then application will not get through. Is there any chance that HO will indeed get the money in the later attemp and claims that by that time the provided supporting documents were expired ( more than one month old) and wishes to reject.

No Idea, its long weekend waiting for monday to call HO to know how do they respond to that.

tvn_ramesh wrote:We understand from our experience that FEE deduction is the FIRST thing HO does and if that goes through then only you receive a Reference letter stating that that ur application has been received and sent for Caseworkers consideration..

I guess you will shortly receive a confirmation that the payment was a failure and they cant proceed with your application. However, I vaguely remember from an earlier post that HO tries twice before giving up on payment processing-not sure if things have changed now. Why don't you get in touch with HO?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

ram2333
Newly Registered

Post by ram2333 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:19 pm

Hi Push,

thanks for your comments,

thats a new information, I am preparing my self to call HO on this monday morning.

Will wait to see if any one has come across with same situation.

push wrote:

I guess you will shortly receive a confirmation that the payment was a failure and they cant proceed with your application. However, I vaguely remember from an earlier post that HO tries twice before giving up on payment processing-not sure if things have changed now. Why don't you get in touch with HO?

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:46 pm

as per my understanding if u get ref no and the letter from UKBA it means ur fees is deducted.
They only send u ref no. letter after they get confirmation ur fees if deducted.

And when u sent ur application on 26th why do u think the case worker ll open on16th nov. I guess by tht time u shud b expecting ur passport back.
The best thing wud b to call them on monday mentioning ur ref no as just say tht u want to get the confirmation.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:49 am

I think as per the letter... i think your fee has been accepted in the 2nd or 3rd attempt like PushHSMP mentioned... we hope for the best..

becos the fee deduction team and HO processing teams are different and unless and untill the fees is deducted you wil not receive such a letter saying applicationis forwarded

so i think u dont need to worry.. goodluck

bani

Post by bani » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:51 pm

from my experience, they will invalidate your application. the letter only means they have received it, but doesn't mean they processed the fee (unlike last year when they only sent the acknowledgment letter after successfully deducting the fee).

not sure they will try again. it's more likely they will send all your docs back to you saying the application is invalid. it could take a few weeks.

it's a good idea to call them and ask about the status, especially if your visa is expiring soon. good luck.

Spear

Post by Spear » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:04 am

The same thing happened to me. They will keep your application for some time then send it back as invalid. Writing to them instructiing alternate payment arrangements would not even help because payment processing is in a different place from the caseworkers. Your application is sitting somewhere collecting dust while you are losing valuable time. You need to chase them up to get your application back as soon as possible (especially if your visa is close to expiry). One option is to send another application form with correct payment details, with a cover note that this is additional documents.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:15 am

bani/spear

Thanks for enlightening with ur experiences.. letz see wat the author comes up with..

ram2333
Newly Registered

Post by ram2333 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:24 pm

Thanks folks for the input,

I was busy all the week chasing HO to get the documents back. Indeed HO will usually never retry to get the money if there is a missed payment by cards.

I received my documents today and preparing to resend them next week, I need to prepare the paper work again.

thanks for every ones comments and input.

The point to take home " make sure enough funds in the account and card working fine with no limits on spending".

Regards,
Ram

tvn_ramesh wrote:bani/spear

Thanks for enlightening with ur experiences.. letz see wat the author comes up with..

ukvisaguru_co_uk

Post by ukvisaguru_co_uk » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:18 am

Ram,

I would advice you to send Postal Order as it is the easiest and surest way of paying for your Visa application. All applications with Postal order, go directly to next level as payment is already received.

Hope this helps...

ram2333
Newly Registered

got my Visa yesterday

Post by ram2333 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:49 am

Dear members,

finally I got my Tier 1 Visa yesterday when I reapplied.

Thanks for all your contribution.

Wish you good luck with your Visa applications.

Regards,
Ram
ukvisaguru_co_uk wrote:Ram,

I would advice you to send Postal Order as it is the easiest and surest way of paying for your Visa application. All applications with Postal order, go directly to next level as payment is already received.

Hope this helps...

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:11 pm

Hi Ram,

First of all congrats for your visa, the earlier mixup with payment was unfortunate.

I am however a little confused about your timelines. On November 13 you wrote that you would be resending the application "next week". Conservatively assuming you sent the application on the 15th, it would reach them on the 16th and the payment would go through on 16th as well.

How can you get the result on the 23rd, thats superfast. Am I missing out something here?

Cheers
Challenges make life worth it!

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:46 pm

Ram,

Even m little confused. Shall we assume u sent on 26th octo and got ur documents today. Did HO return ur documents or ur fees was processed when they tried 2nd time.

Please confirm.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: got my Visa yesterday

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:54 pm

ram2333 wrote:Dear members,

finally I got my Tier 1 Visa yesterday when I reapplied.

Thanks for all your contribution.

Wish you good luck with your Visa applications.

Regards,
Ram
Congrats Ram...

looking at ur last post of reapplying on 13th Nov.. it seems things moved very quick..

Put in ur TIMELINES for clearer picture..

enjoy the moment..