ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK test for citizenship under old HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pankajmittal2004

Life in the UK test for citizenship under old HSMP

Post by pankajmittal2004 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi Guys

I fall under category of old HSMP rules and got my PR in March this year with a letter that I can apply for citizenship anytime. However I am little bit confused now as I am under old category of HSMP and for PR i was given a waiver to take Life in the UK test, just wondering when I apply for citizenship do I have to take the test or can I just get away with it. Any reply is highly appreciated.
PM2009

oluwa112

Re: Life in the UK test for citizenship under old HSMP

Post by oluwa112 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:46 pm

pankajmittal2004 wrote:Hi Guys

I fall under category of old HSMP rules and got my PR in March this year with a letter that I can apply for citizenship anytime. However I am little bit confused now as I am under old category of HSMP and for PR i was given a waiver to take Life in the UK test, just wondering when I apply for citizenship do I have to take the test or can I just get away with it. Any reply is highly appreciated.
U need to do the Life in the UK Test Before you can apply for Citizenship.

With the Current rule, where you do the Life in the UK test Before you get PR, you would not need to worry about it in the Test Again come citizenship stage.