ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anotherimmigrant

Post by anotherimmigrant » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:17 pm

malcolmrx wrote:Dear all,

After a long wait I finally received a letter of approval. Timelines are:

Application : June 06
Further Documents Sent : September 08
Approval : October 09

I sincerely wish all those waiting here the best of luck.

This has been the end of one journey and the start of another waiting for the certificate of naturalization. I was wondering if I remember correctly that the GNIB card needs to be sent with the declaration form (Form 7). Is that correct I just don't seem to see a requirement for that in the letter.

Also any suggestions on how to get a quick court appearance for the declaration. I live in the munster area so Is it just to turn up infront of my local court any day and ask them to take the oath or Do I have to make an appointment? (please note I don't live in Dublin).

Thanks again for your continued support and help and wish you all the best of luck. I'll keep you posted with my progress.
Congratulations.

sideshowsue already mentioned the list you need to send. You can find your district in county click the below URL and choose the county you reside you can see court details. call them and get appointment there no shortcut for this.

http://www.courts.ie/offices.nsf/WebCOb ... nview&l=en

HTH

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:28 pm

Thanks very much sideshowsue and anotherimmigrant .. will get on to that on Monday .. hopefully one can at least expect the whole episode to end in a couple of months time .. God bless!

crown

Post by crown » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:16 pm

malcolmrx wrote:Dear all,

After a long wait I finally received a letter of approval. Timelines are:

Application : June 06
Further Documents Sent : September 08
Approval : October 09

I sincerely wish all those waiting here the best of luck.

This has been the end of one journey and the start of another waiting for the certificate of naturalization. I was wondering if I remember correctly that the GNIB card needs to be sent with the declaration form (Form 7). Is that correct I just don't seem to see a requirement for that in the letter.

Also any suggestions on how to get a quick court appearance for the declaration. I live in the munster area so Is it just to turn up infront of my local court any day and ask them to take the oath or Do I have to make an appointment? (please note I don't live in Dublin).

Thanks again for your continued support and help and wish you all the best of luck. I'll keep you posted with my progress.
Congrats

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:28 pm

Thanks crown.

Another question folks, not sure if anyone has been in a similar position. I'm planning to relocate to a new house. Does it make any difference if I change my address while waiting for the certifcate?, i.e, I'll fill in form 7 with my current address but I'm expecting to relocate in the next month or so. Was anyone in a similar position and thinks that would cause any further delays to issue the certificate. Do I need to inform the INIS about the new address or may be do a mail forwarding to my new address?

What do you guys think?. Your help is again very much appreciated.

Regards.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:27 pm

malcolmrx wrote:Thanks crown.

Another question folks, not sure if anyone has been in a similar position. I'm planning to relocate to a new house. Does it make any difference if I change my address while waiting for the certifcate?, i.e, I'll fill in form 7 with my current address but I'm expecting to relocate in the next month or so. Was anyone in a similar position and thinks that would cause any further delays to issue the certificate. Do I need to inform the INIS about the new address or may be do a mail forwarding to my new address?

What do you guys think?. Your help is again very much appreciated.

Regards.
Dont complicate things with INIS, just post of the form 7 with the adress they already have and do the an post mail forwarding. I did the exact same and it worked out fine.

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks very much for your reply, jhbmike.

Do you mind me asking you if you applied with your new address for the passport shortly afterwards and if that was ok?. I mean there's probably a small gap of time between issuing the certificate with the old address and sending the passport application with the new address or did you also apply for the passport with your old address?

Thanks again for your help.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:46 pm

malcolmrx wrote:Thanks very much for your reply, jhbmike.

Do you mind me asking you if you applied with your new address for the passport shortly afterwards and if that was ok?. I mean there's probably a small gap of time between issuing the certificate with the old address and sending the passport application with the new address or did you also apply for the passport with your old address?

Thanks again for your help.
I went into the passport office in Dublin to get passport and collected it from there as well. Passport office has nothing to do with INIS.
Congrats by the way and good luck paddy!

Tuner

Post by Tuner » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:30 am

GOT IT , GOT IT, GOT IT !!
jUST A MOMENT AGO MY WIFE GOT THE APPROVAL !!!
Applied very end October 2007!
Ref 68/621.../07
1st year on stamp3, rest of time stamp1, work permit.
Very best luck to everyone!

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:56 am

Congratulations malcolmrx and Tuner!!!

malcolmrx: if you're changing address, I do recommend you to inform INIS. Your address will appear in your naturalisation certificate. Also, the naturalisation certificate is sent by registered post. I'm not sure if the An Post forwarding service works for registered post.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:50 pm

LuasPassenger wrote:Congratulations malcolmrx and Tuner!!!

malcolmrx: if you're changing address, I do recommend you to inform INIS. Your address will appear in your naturalisation certificate. Also, the naturalisation certificate is sent by registered post. I'm not sure if the An Post forwarding service works for registered post.
An Post do deliver registered mail, why would I make it up. Read my post.

Anyway malcolm its up to you. Either way you will get it, it might just get delayed.

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:27 pm

jhbmike wrote:

An Post do deliver registered mail, why would I make it up. Read my post.

Anyway malcolm its up to you. Either way you will get it, it might just get delayed.
I read your post and I don't think you made it up. But I'm not sure if An Post will consistently redirect registered post. Maybe you got lucky and it worked in your case, but I would play it safe and inform INIS of any changes of address, no matter how advanced your naturalisation process is. I would definitely try to minimise the probability of getting the naturalisation certificate lost in the post or returned back to INIS.

Remember that INIS always insists in getting notified of any address changes while your application is being processed. So, I think it's safer to play by the rules.

crown

Post by crown » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:03 pm

LuasPassenger wrote:
jhbmike wrote:

Remember that INIS always insists in getting notified of any address changes while your application is being processed. So, I think it's safer to play by the rules.
I am sure Anpost will direct all mails including registered ones I once got a registered letter that was redirected but I will advise you inform INIS Anpost is much more incompetent
Crown

jakli
Newly Registered

Post by jakli » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:34 pm

[quote="jakli"]2 friends of mine applied in aug 07 were told that their applications have been sent to Minister in first week of Oct 2009.And were told to expect decision by the end of Nov.[/quote]

one of my friends, whom i mentioned above got his naturalization cert today.

jakli
Newly Registered

Post by jakli » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:52 pm

Today i called the citizenship division , and to my surprise i was told that my application has been sent to minister for decision. I am eagerly waiting for the decision. Fingers crossed !!!!!!
Things look to be moving

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:16 pm

jakli wrote:Today i called the citizenship division , and to my surprise i was told that my application has been sent to minister for decision. I am eagerly waiting for the decision. Fingers crossed !!!!!!
Things look to be moving
When did you apply ?

Cofimvaba
Newly Registered

Post by Cofimvaba » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:22 pm

How long is it taking these days for Without Condition As To Time stamp.
We applied and been waiting 3 weeks to get passports returned.

Aloha
Newly Registered

Post by Aloha » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:52 pm

Got the famous yes letter yesterday. Normal post.

FYI, applied in Aug 06 on the basis of 6 years here... Additional docs (2007's P21, etc) requested in Nov 08. Irish wife & kid. Ok job, paid sh** load in taxes. No difference in the timing as u can see (had lowered my expectations, and put patience at the fore).

Called 2-3 times max during the process (between Jan and Jul this year when I discovered this forum). Didnt see the need to try again - didn't learn more to say the least. Find it easier if this wasn't always in my mind eg visited last the forum on Sep 4th. But we all deal with situations differently. So the letter was a nice surprise!

Good luck to all waiting. Play ur part, wait, and have the certitude it will come. I recommend patience and no speculation and no reason to worry until proven. U will all get it.

crown

Post by crown » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:51 pm

Aloha wrote:Got the famous yes letter yesterday. Normal post.

I recommend patience and no speculation and no reason to worry until proven. U will all get it.
Aloha
Congrats and thanks for your sensible advice
Crown

Heinrich

Post by Heinrich » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:49 am

Phoned this morning. My application being finalised to be sent to minister, should be done within next 2 weeks..

Deception-shy

Waiting for GARDA report

Post by Deception-shy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:57 am

Heinrich wrote:Phoned this morning. My application being finalised to be sent to minister, should be done within next 2 weeks..
Guys.... Can anyone give me info about this GARDA report? Like how long it would take?

I applied in April-07
P21, GNIB, Bank statement & payslips were asked in Sep-09
I called last week and they told me that they have eveything except GARDA report, and once they get that they would submit to the minister.

But, They have been waiting for GARDA report from last one year and she told me on phone that they recently sent a "Reminder" for GARDA report.

1 - Does anybody has any idea like how long this would take?

2 - Can we apply the GARDA report and send it accross to citizenship
section? would they accept that? some one is saying that they
accepted social welfare report

Please advise, and much appreciated for your help.

smalltime

Post by smalltime » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Garda vetting applied by your work would that do?
Im not really sure but I think you cannot apply by yourself, you need a company like for example a nursing agency to apply for this.

I have same situation with Long term residency they are still waiting for outside agencies and told me they will send a reminder... been waiting since last week of August - 2months and 2 weeks :?:

Deception-shy

Garda Report

Post by Deception-shy » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:07 pm

When I ringed to enquire about my application status, they told me that they have been waiting for my GARDA report from last one year, and recently they sent reminder for GARDA report.

I dont know how long would that take? does anybody have idea? please advise

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:54 pm

Congrats Aloha! :)

Aloha
Newly Registered

Post by Aloha » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:40 pm

Thanks all.

Regarding Garda check duration, for me, it was 6m on April. Don't know when it actually completed from then.

Been otherwise wondering whether the no. of addresses in the country is a factor. I've had 3 addr during that period and have lived abroad in between for one year (though i was in Ireland on a near-weekly basis and they know that.... Garda had a note in their syst when i permanently returned).

In a previous post I was saying a Garda told me he believes they key in the names in a system and get the reports. I however would like to think there is more into it:

a) their environments are not all it is not all electronic, though in places to some extend

b) With the no. of applications/backlog we understand and if the Garda stations don't always have enough resources on this, you could understand it taking that easy 6 months in avg.

Those here who live outside Dublin have perhaps experienced Garda stations where only a small section, or no. of Gardai, is dedicated --and perhaps only on given days-hours-- time for immigration matters such as GNIB renewal etc. And think about any of your [even partially] paper based working places where things are pilled up.... you get the picture! And when the report get back to Tip it perhaps queues again in buckets. Yet, people are indeed working on the files but can't go faster --if doing it fast is a requirement.

Not to speculate here but perhaps the 6m they take are just with things how they are. I also understand your question is "how long it takes" not "why it takes so long". Wanted to however leave these thoughts.

Take care

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:42 am

Any updates for the 2007 ?
Has anyone received any news since their file has been at the minister ?

Nana