ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for French Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tta182
Newly Registered

Applying for French Visa

Post by tta182 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:32 pm

Hiya,

I have a Pakistani Passport and my husband is a British Passport Holder. I have a Spouse Visa which is valid till April 2010.

My husband and I were planning to visit France for the 18th -20th of December. I understand that I will have to apply for a short stay visa. The problem is, the only appointments available are from the 14th of December onwards! :(

I haven't booked anything yet, do you think I will be able to apply and how long will it take for my visa application to be processed? I was reading somewhere that it might take upto 4 weeks to process, so that would mean that the trip would be off.

Advice, comments would be much appreciated, thanks!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:21 pm

It would take more than four days to process more like a week or two.

If u live outside of the French version of 'London' you can apply by post.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Applying for French Visa

Post by gotcha » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:39 pm

tta182 wrote:Hiya,

I have a Pakistani Passport and my husband is a British Passport Holder. I have a Spouse Visa which is valid till April 2010.

My husband and I were planning to visit France for the 18th -20th of December. I understand that I will have to apply for a short stay visa. The problem is, the only appointments available are from the 14th of December onwards! :(

I haven't booked anything yet, do you think I will be able to apply and how long will it take for my visa application to be processed? I was reading somewhere that it might take upto 4 weeks to process, so that would mean that the trip would be off.

Advice, comments would be much appreciated, thanks!
As advised on their websites, every thursday after 3 PM few slots are freed because of cancellations. You will definitely get one there. Try there 09...(£1 /min) number, it may give you some free slot.

tta182
Newly Registered

Post by tta182 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:05 pm

Thankyou so much for replying! I decided to book an appointment on the phone, and they had a space on the 1st of December. Will keep an eye on Thursday for anytime sooner.

Would anyone know how long it would take for them to process the application? Anyone had experience getting visas on the same day?

I really wish that I could speak to a real person rather than listening to an automated set of replies. I had a specific query, and the £1/min phone line was a bit much.

Thank you once again for your replies, I will be sure to visit this website for more advice when I have to apply for my ILR :)

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:08 pm

tta182 wrote:Thankyou so much for replying! I decided to book an appointment on the phone, and they had a space on the 1st of December. Will keep an eye on Thursday for anytime sooner.

Would anyone know how long it would take for them to process the application? Anyone had experience getting visas on the same day?

I really wish that I could speak to a real person rather than listening to an automated set of replies. I had a specific query, and the £1/min phone line was a bit much.

Thank you once again for your replies, I will be sure to visit this website for more advice when I have to apply for my ILR :)
They do issue visa on same day. But, I'm not sure, if that's case with Pakistani nationals. You will definitely get earlier appointment either through 09.. number or online system. Keep trying, good luck !

Markie

Post by Markie » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:03 am

Allow plenty of time...as the queues are horrendous. just been there 1 week ago where there was a couple (British with SoAfrican spouse - who waited as long as I am...
tta182 wrote: Would anyone know how long it would take for them to process the application? Anyone had experience getting visas on the same day?

tta182
Newly Registered

Post by tta182 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:42 am

Thankyou for your replies, everyone! We have decided to postpone our trip until after I get my ILR, we should have planned ahead and allowed more time to apply for the visa. We will plan a trip in spring.

Thankyou once again, and take care! :)

nasirpk

Post by nasirpk » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:33 pm

Why dont u apply from a different embassy ? You've an option of 25 embassies ....

even after ur ILR , you've to fulfill all requirements and processing time is no different.