ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two different addresses for ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

master_nameless
Newly Registered

Two different addresses for ILR application

Post by master_nameless » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Hi,

I have a question for my friend who is about to apply for ILR for his wife.

When his wife arrived in the UK, they both lived in his parent’s house for a couple of months and then they moved to their own house.

Both of them have got all letters and documents transferred to the new address when they moved. However, he did not update his new address with his employer. So his wage slips (which show his address), P60 and employer letter still have the old address and all other documents are on new address.

Will this cause a problem with his wife's application and should he include a covering letter stating that he did not get round to changing address with his employer?

Thanks

racingfire

Re: Two different addresses for ILR application

Post by racingfire » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:55 pm

hi,

No, there will be not any problem in it, if you want you can have 2 different addresse for your correspondence. this is not a big issue. Don,t worry about it , your friend will be OK for his wife ILR.

master_nameless wrote:Hi,

I have a question for my friend who is about to apply for ILR for his wife.

When his wife arrived in the UK, they both lived in his parent’s house for a couple of months and then they moved to their own house.

Both of them have got all letters and documents transferred to the new address when they moved. However, he did not update his new address with his employer. So his wage slips (which show his address), P60 and employer letter still have the old address and all other documents are on new address.

Will this cause a problem with his wife's application and should he include a covering letter stating that he did not get round to changing address with his employer?

Thanks

master_nameless
Newly Registered

Post by master_nameless » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:13 pm

Thank you for your reply

Should he include a covering letter to clarify the point?

Thanks

racingfire

Post by racingfire » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:32 am

NO he don,t need it, but its upto him if he want to mention. The most important thing is that he is working legally and paying tax.

master_nameless wrote:Thank you for your reply

Should he include a covering letter to clarify the point?

Thanks