ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Verification Check

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

houman1979
BANNED

Verification Check

Post by houman1979 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:20 am

Dear All,

I applied yesterday for Tier 1 General. British Embassy called my company today and asked one of staff about my position and salary. Unfortunately, the staff doesnt know my salary well and gave lower amount. However, my salary is really correct and managing director signed the letter and bank statements confirm the net payment. Do you think, this call has any bad effect on my application. At least, they knew that my company and my position is correct.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Verification Check

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:27 am

houman1979 wrote:Dear All,

I applied yesterday for Tier 1 General. British Embassy called my company today and asked one of staff about my position and salary. Unfortunately, the staff doesnt know my salary well and gave lower amount. However, my salary is really correct and managing director signed the letter and bank statements confirm the net payment. Do you think, this call has any bad effect on my application. At least, they knew that my company and my position is correct.
In first case.. did u not give the correct details of ur Manager BHC shd contact in the CONTACTS Details they asked in the application??

If you have given correct details BHC will try to contact that person only but how come they just picked up some staff?? something is missing here..

put more info

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:34 am

Thank you for your response.

In my contact detail I gave the main telephone of our company and when you call my company you will be directed to the supposed person, then I thought that they will be connected to managing director. I didnt mention any name on the form as I didnt know how they call. but the letter signed by managing director.

In addition, as I asked the called staff, they even didnt ask his position or anything else, only my employment, duration, position and salary and he gave them a lower salary amount (he answered them an approximate monthly salary).

Again, in my bank statement the real salary could be seen.
Do they use the information they get in their calling for judgment?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:39 am

houman1979 wrote:Thank you for your response.

In my contact detail I gave the main telephone of our company and when you call my company you will be directed to the supposed person, then I thought that they will be connected to managing director. I didnt mention any name on the form as I didnt know how they call. but the letter signed by managing director.

In addition, as I asked the called staff, they even didnt ask his position or anything else, only my employment, duration, position and salary and he gave them a lower salary amount (he answered them an approximate monthly salary).

Again, in my bank statement the real salary could be seen.
Do they use the information they get in their calling for judgment?
As i said u missed something.. Contact Person's NAME.. we should be double careful while provding details as bolded above..

As you said your payslips + Bankstatements and letter signed by your MD shd come to ur rescue;

I donno know if they asked the position of the staff before asking ur details.. because BHC would try to get details from HR manager or Managers or MD's...

But as the documents you provided by you tells the real story.. i think you shd be ok

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:46 am

Thank you again,.
As I told you our company has a complicated structure and I didnt know which person I should give detail's. in addition, the main telephone number of company printed on letterhead and I worried that BHC contacts that number anyway.

As I told you, they dont ask about the position of the staff and even his NAME or NAME of our MD, they only as some general questions.

In addition, they ask him about employment duration and he answered them wrongly (I've been here for 1.5 years and he responded 2.5 years!!!), about the salary, the amount he responded is correct for 7 months of 12 months and lower for the next 5 months. Is it possible the ECO considers those months as bonus?

I repeat again that all the net payment can be verified by bank statements.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:50 am

Houman...

I got ur pont, its very unfortunate before putting any more comments..

i would wait for more comments from applicants who had been in this situation..

or others seniors to respond.. or provide u with right suggestion..

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:57 am

houman1979 wrote:Thank you again,.
As I told you our company has a complicated structure and I didnt know which person I should give detail's. in addition, the main telephone number of company printed on letterhead and I worried that BHC contacts that number anyway.

As I told you, they dont ask about the position of the staff and even his NAME or NAME of our MD, they only as some general questions.

In addition, they ask him about employment duration and he answered them wrongly (I've been here for 1.5 years and he responded 2.5 years!!!), about the salary, the amount he responded is correct for 7 months of 12 months and lower for the next 5 months. Is it possible the ECO considers those months as bonus?

Good Points:
I think if details of your salary is correct and can be corroborated by bank statement you stand a good chance of approval. The reason is,
1. Somebody from your company has verified 7 months of salary correctly.
2. You also mentioned that person told ECO "approximate" salary, which gives you benefit of doubt.
3. your company staff only mentioned "approximate" salary but not bonus (which you have claimed). Obviously your bonus amount will not be put on bulletin board of the company and hence it is confidential information.
4. Letter/Payslips was signed by your MD i.e. highest authority in your company, so if i were caseworker I would think there is very rare chance that people will forge signature of MD.

What go against you:
1. You should have provided correct contact details of the person., which you didn't and hence all this mess up.
2. How can you assume that telephone operator will divert the ECO call direct to MD unless you mention name in your cover letter?
3. ECO should be speaking to either accounts or HR department of your company, so how come someone(with no access to correct details) entertain that call.

My Opinion:

1. Good chance to approval, if ECO consider documents as evidence.
2. If refused, you can get letter from your company explaining the situation and appeal against the decision and you should get approval,

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:35 pm

Thank you all for your replies.

I think it was my fault because I considered BHC more intelligent. I exactly wanted to put a name on my application form but I put myself in place of ECO, it is very likely that I put the name of my colleague friend on the form and fix the answers with him/her. Therefore, I look for POSITIONS not the NAMES. And because of that I put the main tel number and hoped that the call diverted to HR manager or MD.

Unfortunately, this dumb person answered the questions which he does not know them and made trouble for me.

Again, do you think ECO bases his/her decision only on a call or s/he may looking for more verification check?

In addition, in the case of reject could I appeal on the basis of uninformed answers and my inability to provide exact contact details?

Regards

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:41 pm

houman1979 wrote: In addition, in the case of reject could I appeal on the basis of uninformed answers and my inability to provide exact contact details?
If it is rejected, you will have rejection reason which you can address by providing letter from your employer etc. This is not a new case for ECO. You will find many similar cases in this very forum.

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 pm

Dear chetanojha,

Thank you for your answer. I couldnt find similar cases maybe because I didnt search enough, but what are the results for the similar cases? They were rejected or accepted.

I didnt mention a very big point: I applied in Iran, yesterday I was told that all cases are examined in Abu Dhabi and not in Iran. Then, it is probable that they only wanted to do some verification checks on my presence in the company and not the letter contents? I am asking it because the caller only asked some simple question and terminated the call very soon.

In addition, in the company only my MD and HR manager know the salary and bonuses exactly and I couldnt provide their DIRECT contact details.

Again, thank you all

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Verification Check

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:53 pm

houman1979 wrote:Dear All,

How can xyz who dont have info and authority can talk about yr salary to some one .

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:56 pm

Hope for good but chances are weak in yr favor, bank entry and salary slip and direct confirmation together work in visa processing

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:23 pm

chetanojha wrote:

Good Points:
I think if details of your salary is correct and can be corroborated by bank statement you stand a good chance of approval. The reason is,
1. Somebody from your company has verified 7 months of salary correctly.
2. You also mentioned that person told ECO "approximate" salary, which gives you benefit of doubt.
3. your company staff only mentioned "approximate" salary but not bonus (which you have claimed). Obviously your bonus amount will not be put on bulletin board of the company and hence it is confidential information.
4. Letter/Payslips was signed by your MD i.e. highest authority in your company, so if i were caseworker I would think there is very rare chance that people will forge signature of MD.

What go against you:
1. You should have provided correct contact details of the person., which you didn't and hence all this mess up.
2. How can you assume that telephone operator will divert the ECO call direct to MD unless you mention name in your cover letter?
3. ECO should be speaking to either accounts or HR department of your company, so how come someone(with no access to correct details) entertain that call.

My Opinion:

2. If refused, you can get letter from your company explaining the situation and appeal against the decision and you should get approval,

this is very strong pt against him, normally MD is not expected to reply about salary of employees unless it is very small company. HR person should reply , in appeal it is hard to defend some of reply given by own office person , unless MD gives in writing that there was error and the person was not authoresed to reply.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:49 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
this is very strong pt against him, normally MD is not expected to reply about salary of employees unless it is very small company. HR person should reply , in appeal it is hard to defend some of reply given by own office person , unless MD gives in writing that there was error and the person was not authoresed to reply.
[/u]
If MD can sign payslips, then I would presume he will also issue letter to person.

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:25 am

Dear Sushil,

Thank you for your replies. Currently, I think that I could only wait. Unfortunately, in Iran it is common that people talks about something they dont know and this dumb person thought that he could answer instead diverting to HR manager.

By the way, I again ask this question: do you think ECO only bases his/her decision on a very short and doubtful telephone conversation? As I said, the amount he said is correct for 7 months. Then, doesnt it raise doubt in ECO and makes him/her to do more verification checks? For example, try to ask some questions from managers? S/he know now that my company is existed and I am working there and s/he has a signed letter by my MD then isnt it a good clue for him/her that the staff person responded didnt know very much?

By the way, I think in the case of appeal I could get a clarification letter from my MD. Maybe it was my fault but in my company only three people (MD, HRM and Financial Manager) know about the exact salary and I couldnt give their direct contact details.

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:39 am

In addition, the salary that those dumb responded was my basic salary and about the basic salary he was right, but in my company there are some sorts of bonuses and extra works which could increase the basic dramatically and because of them my salary in the next 5 months differs from my basic salary.

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:41 am

where did u apply from? inside UK or outside UK?

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:08 am

I applied in Iran (outside UK).

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:10 pm

dont worry man...if u get refused they will give chance for appeal...get the letter from ur employer and give the correct contact details..

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:52 pm

Is there any other comment especially from similar cases?

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:49 pm

houman1979 wrote:Is there any other comment especially from similar cases?
There are many cases in forum like this.

If you are loosing your sleep over it, just send the employer letter (mentioning your application no) to BHC irrespective to whether it is accepted or not. If it is accepted you will be fine, if not you have nothing to loose.

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:02 pm

Thank you for your answer. But in Iran, British Embassy doest not accept any correspondence, it even does not have any telephone inquiry service.

By the way, do you know the result of mentioned similar cases? I couldnt find them.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:11 pm

houman1979 wrote:Thank you for your answer. But in Iran, British Embassy doest not accept any correspondence, it even does not have any telephone inquiry service.

By the way, do you know the result of mentioned similar cases? I couldnt find them.
Result depends on case to case basis + what your company staff spoke to BHC. Many people who got rejection due to such reason had successful appeals and eventually granted visa.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:37 pm

I believe they refused it,but sometime things are decided by luck.Hope for the best.

houman1979
BANNED

Post by houman1979 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:05 am

Two more points:
1-I've granted UK visa (student dependant) two times in 2005 and 2006. Do you think it has any positive effect?
2-Do you think their decision has any effect of their response time? I mean, if they reject they call soon and if they not call soon it is a good point?

Regards