ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What could this mean - ILR ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

William Blake
Member of Standing

What could this mean - ILR ?

Post by William Blake » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:36 am

Hi All,

Five months ago I submitted to the Home Office a request for a second review of my application for Indefinite leave to remain which was initially refused.

I had a letter from the Home Office today asking me to send them my recent passport. It just says with reference to your recent request for a reconsideration please send your current passport. What could this mean ? I am currently here legally on a valid work permit and they would have a record of this. They don't need the passport to refuse ILR do they? So does this mean they are considering granting me ILR ?

What are the possible reasons why they would ask for the passport in a situation like this ?
Every night and every morn
Some to misery are born.
Every morn and every night
Some are born to sweet delight.
Some are born to sweet delight,
Some are born to endless night

Filipinas

Request for the passport

Post by Filipinas » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:33 pm

From reading your post and the way they are handling it- you seem to be right that they might have reconsidered it and are requesting for the passport so that the stamp be issued. That was the case with my then single sister in law who was refused a tourist visa- and when the appeal and review was done, the HO requested for the passport to be sent to them- now she is here.

Either that or they would want a complete review and would like to have your passport handy so that when a decision is reconsidered your passport is ready for stamping. Either way it seems more favourable for you than anything else- cause if they are denying you the chance they would just send you a denial/rejection letter.

Good luck,
Filipinas

kapeed312
Newly Registered

Post by kapeed312 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi,
Why was it refused the first time?