ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Please help! An Online Appointment?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

libtarmali
Newly Registered

ILR Please help! An Online Appointment?

Post by libtarmali » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:13 pm

Many thanks for takingr the time to read this

I am applying for my ILR in person (Premium Service) on the long stay grounds of 10 years legal residence (9 of which were spent studying and last year I switched to the PSW visa, which is still valid till Aug, 2010).

I have been told that my dependents (wife and two children) do not qualify to apply for settlement as my wife joined me in the UK in 2004 when I got married. She is a foreign national (from outside EU), my children were born thereafter in the UK.

I have also been told that my dependents need to apply to become the dependents of a person settled in the UK and thus they need to fill out the FLR (M) form.

I have been trying to book an online appointment but I was faced with the following 2 issues which I would like someone to kindly answer:

1. Do they (my dependents) have to submit their application the same time as me? Or do they need to wait until my ILR is granted and then apply to switch to become the dependents of a person settled in the UK?

2. The booking facility of the BIA website is only allowing applicants to apply under one Application Type, e.g. SET (O) or FLR (M), i.e. I can not select 2 Application Types. I can only select SET (O) or FLR (M) so which application type I need to select?

3. When do I need to book the biometric registration appointment? Is it before they apply or after they are granted the leave as my dependents?

I highly appreciate your time and effort to answer my questions.

ka
BANNED

10 years long residency same day visa service

Post by ka » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:52 pm

Bro, you may have to book appoinment twice or Do you your first than you can do your dependants later. call this n. --------------------------. you might get some help.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:57 pm

I believe you have to do yours first once that is approved then you apply for FLR(M) for your spouse (and) children. You see the children actually wont need to apply for any visas if you wish seeing that they were born in UK. On your receipt of ILR you can immediately apply for them to be registered as British http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=40944