ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About Resident Documentation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elevendi

About Resident Documentation

Post by elevendi » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:11 pm

hi everyone

i just collected my document today from my solicitor and my new Resident Documentation is stuck on my passport!

the problem is my passport was expired 10 years ago! :shock: :shock:

my solicitor told me you can apply for new passport and keep this one for travels, i didn't really like this idea :?

so, my question is

can i apply for Resident Documention to be issued separately , like those blue Resident cards???

thank you

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Your passport expired 10 YEARs ago is that correct? anyway to answer your question yes you can apply to transfer the stamp to your new passport, not sure about the cards you are talking about though.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukres ... opassport/

I agree with you it is better to apply for the transfer sooner rather than later than to move around with 2 passports all the time although it will cost you

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: About Resident Documentation

Post by Rozen » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:59 pm

elevendi wrote:hi everyone

i just collected my document today from my solicitor and my new Resident Documentation is stuck on my passport!

the problem is my passport was expired 10 years ago! :shock: :shock:

my solicitor told me you can apply for new passport and keep this one for travels, i didn't really like this idea :?

so, my question is

can i apply for Resident Documention to be issued separately , like those blue Resident cards???

thank you
If your 'Residence Document' is actually an EEA2 Residence Card affixed in your passport, then sorry mate, you don't get it separate on a blue card!
As well, to have it 'transferred' INTO your new passport, you will have to start the WHOLE EEA2 process all over again!
On the upside, still free! And will probably take a whole lot less than 16 MONTHS, second time around! :wink:

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:36 pm

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Thank you f2k Rozen 86ti

yeap! my passport expired 10 years ago! my country issued new passport 8 years ago, so i guess i would be the only one still using that passport around! :P

i think i have to get over this 18 months wait first! before attempting anything else! apparently i guess i have to use both passport for now till
i found out more about that 'transfer'

well, thank you guys!!! I really appreciate how you guys sprung into action!
best forum ever!