ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of passport

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

flower999
Newly Registered

change of passport

Post by flower999 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:58 pm

Hi, thank you for all replies. I was in Lithuanian Embassy, however, i was told that they can't change or prolong my passport. Can they refuse to do that and what do I do? We are not planning to leave US right away; in about year or so, but I started thinking about all the obsticles now.
Ok, so if i succeed in any way getting new passport, can I go straight to Albania with no visa or any permit? By the way, we are not going to UK.

Sincerely, Flower

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:27 pm

well, u can leave us anytime with or without a passport i guess. if your passport expired, i dont understand why the lit embassy not renewing it for u. as long as u have a valid passport, i think u can go to albania. check the following link about visa for lit:

http://www.mfa.gov.al/english/info2.asp

when u leave us. the worst case it can happened to u if the ins find out that u stay longer than u should. they could barred u from go to us for years or for good. this could happen. well, sorry to hear your albanian partner about his passport been taken away from him. i think this would be the biggest problem. without a passport. how are you guys going to checkin the plane and fly to europe? well, i guess he will need to apply a new albanian passport himself, but again, he will face the same situation like i mentioned earlier about the ins.

wish u luck:)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:07 pm

well, u can leave us anytime with or without a passport i guess.
Is that correct? Or put it another way, would an airline let you board without some sort of proof that you will be permitted to enter on arrival? Or at least a document proving that you are a national of your destination country.
John