ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Temporary business visit to Netherlands

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guruasis12345
Newly Registered

Temporary business visit to Netherlands

Post by guruasis12345 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:07 am

I wish to visit Netherlands for a company sponsored business trip. Can anyone guide me as to which visa I need to apply OR any website for the info around the same? Also, will it be easier if I use my UK "Tier 1 General visa" to apply for Schengen visa (incase it is valid for at least 2 weeks)?

yustynne

Post by yustynne » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:13 pm

First of all, it would be useful to know which country of origin you are from. For now i can refer you to the official immigration website www.ind.nl You can find the information in English. However, i don't know if your UK visa could facilitate the issue of a short stay visa to the Netherlands.

Markie

Re: Temporary business visit to Netherlands

Post by Markie » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:00 am

you Tier 1 Visa has no impact when applying for schengen visa...since the UK is not a signatory of the Schengen treaty. if you're a visa national expect some delays.
guruasis12345 wrote:I wish to visit Netherlands for a company sponsored business trip. Can anyone guide me as to which visa I need to apply OR any website for the info around the same? Also, will it be easier if I use my UK "Tier 1 General visa" to apply for Schengen visa (incase it is valid for at least 2 weeks)?

republique
BANNED

Re: Temporary business visit to Netherlands

Post by republique » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:59 pm

guruasis12345 wrote:I wish to visit Netherlands for a company sponsored business trip. Can anyone guide me as to which visa I need to apply OR any website for the info around the same? Also, will it be easier if I use my UK "Tier 1 General visa" to apply for Schengen visa (incase it is valid for at least 2 weeks)?
If you are just going for a business meeting, as long as you can visit there then there is no problem

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:16 am

As far as I know applying for any Schengen visa your residence permit or visa for country of residence must be valid for 3 months..