ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can I get my passport back from AIU?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vitavi

When can I get my passport back from AIU?

Post by Vitavi » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:06 pm

My appeal was allowed on 7th July and my solicitors received the call-in letter on 28th September (3 month later). My documents were received by the AIU on 7th Oct, but i still haven't heard anything back from them.

Is there anybody on this forum who can share their experience with me as to how long it actually takes to get the passport back from AIU? I also posted a letter on 28th Oct requesting an urgent treatment of my visa endorsement, but still nothing happens.

I don't really know what to do now. It has been more than 16 weeks since my determination, but I still haven't got the visa in my passport. The delay is so frustrating as it does not allow me neither to work not to travel. Is there any way to speed up the matter?

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:27 pm

yr lawyer can request judge for implementation of ruling , otherwise this is administrating barrier.

stephen_raaz
Newly Registered

Post by stephen_raaz » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:14 pm

I also has similar issue.

Received call-in letter on 12 oct and sent my passport to AIU on special delivery on 13 oct. I haven't heard any thing from them since then.

Sent urgent treatmetn request on 04th Nov. But still not heard.

Any one has contact details? or how long does it takes to get passport back?

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:13 pm

I thought you are able to live and work in UK during your appeal process?
My appeal was allowed on 7th July and my solicitors received the call-in letter on 28th September (3 month later). My documents were received by the AIU on 7th Oct, but i still haven't heard anything back from them.

Is there anybody on this forum who can share their experience with me as to how long it actually takes to get the passport back from AIU? I also posted a letter on 28th Oct requesting an urgent treatment of my visa endorsement, but still nothing happens.

I don't really know what to do now. It has been more than 16 weeks since my determination, but I still haven't got the visa in my passport. The delay is so frustrating as it does not allow me neither to work not to travel. Is there any way to speed up the matter?

stephen_raaz
Newly Registered

Post by stephen_raaz » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:30 pm

yes. You can live and work in UK during appeal process. If your determenation is allowed you can work according to new status or if your determenation is pending, still you can work on previous status.

saratbabu07

Post by saratbabu07 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:00 pm

thanks stephen_raaz

stephen_raaz
Newly Registered

Post by stephen_raaz » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:46 pm

hi vitavi,

did u received your passport from homeoffice??

I havent yet received my passport.

stephen raaz

wonappeal
Newly Registered

how long does it take to return the passport?

Post by wonappeal » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:50 pm

I have won the administrative review and have submitted the passport.
Now am in need of my passport and original documents , normally how long does it HC take to return them back? I have to join a new company they are requesting all the originals..

stephen_raaz
Newly Registered

Re: how long does it take to return the passport?

Post by stephen_raaz » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Normal process is from 3 to 7 weeks. If you need your passport back with VISA stamped in urgency, send a letter to homeoffice requesting to consider as urgent treatment. Send your letter to the same address as you have sent your passport
wonappeal wrote:I have won the administrative review and have submitted the passport.
Now am in need of my passport and original documents , normally how long does it HC take to return them back? I have to join a new company they are requesting all the originals..