ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need information for Isle of men

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charles4u
Member of Standing

I need information for Isle of men

Post by charles4u » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:38 pm

Anyone here has the information for working permit for EU citizens in Isle of men.

I urgently need this information, I know EU citizens dont need a visa to go there but what about working permit..how is it made

Any info will be appreciated.
Last edited by charles4u on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charles4u

meats
BANNED

Re: I need information for Island of men

Post by meats » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:39 pm

charles4u wrote:Anyone here has the information for working permit for EU citizens in Island of men.

I urgently need this information, I know EU citizens dont need a visa to go there but what about working permit..how is it made

You mean the Isle of Man. The Isle of Man that is part of the UK?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:46 pm

meats wrote:
charles4u wrote:Anyone here has the information for working permit for EU citizens in Island of men.

IoM isn't part of UK.

It used to be that u needed a job offer or loads of dosh to be able to live there.

As IoM has it's own laws I'd imagine they still apply.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:00 pm

Meats wrote:
Since when has the Isle of man become part of the UK.

OK op, in regards to your question, please see the Isle DTI website for information. http://www.gov.im/dti/employmentRights/workpermits.xml
Last edited by Obie on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:00 pm

meats wrote:

Yes...any info
Charles4u

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:11 pm

Wanderer wrote:
meats wrote:

IoM isn't part of UK.

It used to be that u needed a job offer or loads of dosh to be able to live there.

You learn something new everyday! It's not part of the EU either, i might have to move there myself!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:47 pm

meats wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
meats wrote:

IoM isn't part of UK.

You learn something new everyday! It's not part of the EU either, i might have to move there myself!
I went there once on a monster piss-up. Ferry boat was rocking and rolling but I never barfed! I can keep my ale down therefore I am superior to those who chucked-up all over the boat!

IoM is a lovely place but boring.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:13 pm

Wanderer wrote:
meats wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
meats wrote:
IoM isn't part of UK.

I went there once on a monster piss-up. Ferry boat was rocking and rolling but I never barfed! I can keep my ale down therefore I am superior to those who chucked-up all over the boat!

IoM is a lovely place but boring.
That's a good effort that! Had a few dodgy ferries between Dover and Calais whilst on rugby tours and being drunk at 8am courtesy of the local pub opening for us at 4am and having not slept when coming back from Belgium :) And the motorised canal barge on rough seas between Thailand and Cambodia...never ever again!

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:24 pm

I wanna know if EU citizens can make a working permit when they arrive there or before they even go there.

I would like to be sure of the processing, maybe they can go there and submit their application for the working permit or it has to be made from outside Isle of men.

Pls anyone with more sufficient info should kindly post.
Charles4u

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:32 pm

charles4u wrote:I wanna know if EU citizens can make a working permit when they arrive there or before they even go there.

I would like to be sure of the processing, maybe they can go there and submit their application for the working permit or it has to be made from outside Isle of men.

One of the pdf files in the link from Obie has the information that you need.

newiom
Newly Registered

Post by newiom » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:46 pm

hi charles 4 u
In isle of man, even british citizens require work permit to get a job as well as european citizens. It is very difficult to get a work permit as they want to give the jobs to the isle of man workers.but in exceptional cases you might get you never know.
getting here is either through UK or ireland.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:14 am

charles4u wrote:I wanna know if EU citizens can make a working permit when they arrive there or before they even go there.

Additionally, anyone with any information on the isle of women (any isle of women), should also kindly post.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:42 am

OK...I have seen the site but I dont get it clearly, Does the EU national have to go there and arrive for the permit or they will have to apply for it before they go ?

I hope you guys understand my question, I just wanna get the clear picture how they will have to go with the processing.
Charles4u

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:52 am

[i]Guide on how to get the best out of Directive 2004/38/EC[/i] wrote:You can benefit from the right to move and reside freely in any
Member State of the European Union. This includes also the Azores,
Madeira (Portugal), the Ǻland islands (Finland), the Canary Islands,
Ceuta and Melilla (Spain) and the French overseas departments. It
also applies to Gibraltar. It does not apply to the Channel Islands
and the Isle of Man, the Faeroe Islands (Denmark) or to overseas
countries and territories.

newiom
Newly Registered

Post by newiom » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:55 pm

work permit and right to stay are different issues in isle of man, if you are an european you have the right to stay but you dont have the right to work , once you are here , apply for the job and if the emplyer is happy to take you,they will apply for a work pemit not you.
currently the employers have to advertise for two weeks and if they dont get anyone then they can apply fot work permit.
if you are out of isle of man still you can apply for jobs online and if you get one probably your employercan apply for work permit but the trade and industry department may not issue one bcause they are not aware of your immigration status though for some feilds they issue both visa for right to stay and the work permit and they hire from abroad.
hope this helps
new

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:41 am

benifa wrote:

Additionally, anyone with any information on the isle of women (any isle of women), should also kindly post.
You've got the Isle of Dogs in London, fairly apt name for some of the local populace.

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:15 pm

I remember a very interesting book by John Buchan (the thirty-nine Steps) about the Isle of Sheep. Will that do?
Aiming at travelling to the UK with my wife and not with an EEA FP!

charles4u
Member of Standing

Post by charles4u » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:43 pm

OK let me be more specific,

I am sure you guys here know my partner is a Romanian, HSBC wants to offer her a position and its so funny their HR Department in London dont know the immigration rules for Isle of men.

So thy told her to go find out on how the processing and documentations will be b4 they process with any employment aplications.

I guess you guys might understand better now, so whatever you guys think...kindly share it pls. We got an Email from the site given above and we didnt get any reply...what to do now ?
Charles4u

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:17 pm

Charles, you need to contact the Isle of Man's Department of Trade & Industry, here.

Directive 2004/38/EC does not apply to the Isle of Man.

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Charles, it's already been pointed out to you, but please let me make it clear, it is the

Isle of MAN

Getting the name of the place wrong is not going to help you get along with the locals!

You've been given the link twice - you need to contact the Manx Department of Trade and Industry.

The information is clear that you need to CALL (don't e-mail) to obtain an overseas WP application form:
Overseas – this form is to be used for employers wishing to employ overseas nationals in the Isle of Man . (Please contact +44 (0)1624 682390 if you require one).

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:49 pm

benifa wrote:anyone with any information on the isle of women (any isle of women), should also kindly post.
How about a city of lonely, beautiful Swedish lesbians?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... ernet.html